ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 70

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just recalled that after murders LE made a point of implying that both DM and BF were on first floor or if not that then they implied tha tneither had heard anything or been aware of some one being in the house. In retrospect, I assume that was to protect the surviving victims and also to indirectly make the perp feel that he was safe and hadn't been seen. MOO. This, more than anything else leads me to think that DM may have indicated to LE that she thought he hadn't seen her. MOO

I don't believe LE made any implications on where the surviving roommates slept but they never corrected the ongoing online speculation.

I don't believe LE made any implications on where the surviving roommates slept but they never corrected the ongoing online speculation.
Yeah, that's probably right, was it more that neither had heard anything? Will get around to checking out the old media releases later unless you know offhand right now?

He could have seen DM, but she wasn't one of the people he wanted to kill. MOO
I feel like he hadn't planned on 1-2 overnight visitors and 4 was way more than he wanted to kill (not the plan IMO). I think he just wanted the heck out of that house about then, and away from the house. He probably gave himself a Charley horse with the rubber he laid when he gassed his car so hard.

All MOO

Some people always leave lights on in certain places. I have for years, because we live in a rural area and there are no street lights anywhere near our house. So you either need strategic ambient light, or I would have to turn on a lamp and wake up Hubby for any night time pit stop.

I also looked it up and the moon was 81% size the night of the murder. Not sure about the weather, whether it might have been cloudy, etc., but it seems like there was plenty of moon to offer some light.

And we cannot forget the "Good Vibes" neon sign that was in the common area / living room space, which is just right outside surviving roommate DM's bedroom door. I'm willing to bet that sign was never turned off and probably gave off a good deal of light.

This article has a few pictures of what the house may have always looked like in the dark, from the outside looking in: Eerie photos reveal inside the Idaho quadruple murder house There is a lot of ambient lighting, enough to travel through the house at night without having any trouble seeing. MOO.

I feel like he hadn't planned on 1-2 overnight visitors and 4 was way more than he wanted to kill (not the plan IMO). I think he just wanted the heck out of that house about then, and away from the house. He probably gave himself a Charley horse with the rubber he laid when he gassed his car so hard.

All MOO
BBM: Ye, that's pretty much my supposition (apart from I think he may have targetted all 3 girls). But given what had just occurred, whether he saw her or not to isn't really the issue, IMO. I think he was ready to get out, just at that very moment in time. There's lots of reasons to imagine that might be true - exhaustion, someone might call 911, dog barking (as per audio ref in PCA), or simply just being done. MOO

All MOO
Yeah, to me his exit of the area (squealing tires) tells me he probably killed more people than he originally intended. I think if his evil plan went exactly as he had hoped, he likely would have slinked away from the house, gotten into his car, and drove at a normal speed home. Everything about the way he left tells me he had an "Oh, poop!" moment.

If so, I would say that might be used as a "pre-text" for his thoughts but the surprise-murder of four young, vibrant people at home so up close & personally in the cover of night with a large knife is the action of a person much more complicated & psychologically deranged than someone carrying out a research experiment.

We may never understand the why because the nature of these crimes is outside the realm of any logic except the spiritual. He is evil.

JMO
I hesitate to call a person bad or good. A person is a person.
People can exercise impulse control, Bryan did not.

But I'm curious as to why Bryan chose these victims. Why did he wait to unleash fury on a young woman who ignored his repeated greetings on social media (and her flat mates)?

He could have seen DM, but she wasn't one of the people he wanted to kill. MOO
. . . and could this have led LE to believe it was a "targeted" murder? (We had no idea if DM believes that he saw her or not. Nor do we know the totality of the experience she shared with LE.) !??!?

Neither the parties nor the DA nor the PD can simply transfer the trial to make sure there is no possibility that a COI issue could possibly arise IMO.

1. The issue of jurisdiction starts with Idaho Criminal Rule 19:

Place of Prosecution and Trial

Unless a statute or these rules permit otherwise, the government must prosecute an offense in the county in which the alleged offense was committed.

2. Any decision to move the case to another county would be for the court to make, and the decision would be constrained by Idaho Criminal Rule 21:

Transfer for Trial

A motion for transfer may be made at or before arraignment or at any other time the court or these rules prescribe.

(a) For Prejudice. On motion of either party, the court must transfer the proceeding to another county if the court is satisfied that a fair and impartial trial cannot be had in the county where the case is pending.

(b) For Convenience. On motion of the defendant, the court may transfer the proceeding to another county, for the convenience of parties and witnesses, and in the interest of justice.

-----

The DA has until 60 days after BK enters a plea of not guilty to notify the court that he will seek the death penalty, so AT will be needed for a long time.

If the DA does not file the notice by the deadline, that is a decision not to seek the death penalty. But by then (Fall 2023) AT will have so much time in the case it will not be in her clients interest to remove her IMO.
If he pleads innocent, IMO, the Defense will seek a change of venue. They will invoke the For Prejudice article by first hiring one of the consulting firms that do surveys of the public in that jury pool area. Barry Morphew’s legal team did it successfully.

Yeah, that's probably right, was it more that neither had heard anything? Will get around to checking out the old media releases later unless you know offhand right now?
Summary Page, MPD.
"Detectives believe that on November 12th, the two surviving roommates had also been out in the Moscow community, separately, but returned home by 1 a.m. on November 13th. The two did not wake up until later that morning."

But I'm curious as to why Bryan chose these victims. Why did he wait to unleash fury on a young woman who ignored his repeated greetings on social media (and her flat mates)?
I respectfully disagree. I truly believe there are bad people out there and many can't be "fixed".

I understand your stance - there aren't bad people maybe bad behavior but usually someone is bad in other ways before they murder. Before BK murdered he treated some women like crap and relished in making people uncomfortable.

So I generally think he has possibly always been a bad seed if not in front of people, but his true self.

Call it what you want - bad, damaged, deranged, sick, violent but to me those aren't "good". JMO, MOO

There are 2 different versions of the probable cause affidavit in the quadruple murder of U of I college students. The one that was originally released reports that "suspect vehicle 1" goes past the 1122 home 4 times and it keeps turning around. It states that at one point, it appears to try to park in the parking lot but was unsuccessful. <modsnip: opinion stated as fact> Read the FULL affidavit on Bryan Kohberger's arrest

Last edited by a moderator:
Neither the parties nor the DA nor the PD can simply transfer the trial to make sure there is no possibility that a COI issue could possibly arise IMO.

1. The issue of jurisdiction starts with Idaho Criminal Rule 19:

Place of Prosecution and Trial

Unless a statute or these rules permit otherwise, the government must prosecute an offense in the county in which the alleged offense was committed.

2. Any decision to move the case to another county would be for the court to make, and the decision would be constrained by Idaho Criminal Rule 21:

Transfer for Trial

A motion for transfer may be made at or before arraignment or at any other time the court or these rules prescribe.

(a) For Prejudice. On motion of either party, the court must transfer the proceeding to another county if the court is satisfied that a fair and impartial trial cannot be had in the county where the case is pending.

(b) For Convenience. On motion of the defendant, the court may transfer the proceeding to another county, for the convenience of parties and witnesses, and in the interest of justice.

-----

The DA has until 60 days after BK enters a plea of not guilty to notify the court that he will seek the death penalty, so AT will be needed for a long time.

If the DA does not file the notice by the deadline, that is a decision not to seek the death penalty. But by then (Fall 2023) AT will have so much time in the case it will not be in her clients interest to remove her IMO.
I don’t think AT has anything to worry about. I think he thinks he is running the show already by the requests he’s wanting of all of his charges. Unfortunately he may know some of what he’s talking about. My opion only. I don’t post much and I don’t wanna get in trouble

The poster didn't say bad or good. They said EVIL.

People's actions can be both bad and good. Believe it or not, BK did good things in his life here and there no doubt....ditto....Ted Bundy....BTK....etc......

But evil is deeper, <modsnip> who you are.

Evil people are deliberate. They ENJOY the evil that they do, enjoy the aftermath of destruction, they SEEK OUT ways to be evil. This is beyond being "bad."

A person who did what BK is alleged to have done is inherently evil.

in·her·ent·ly

in a permanent, essential, or characteristic way

e·vil

profoundly immoral and wicked

2 Cents

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online