SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is…who circled that Gucci charge on the credit card bill…Alex or Maggie?
Not getting a good read yet on the family finances and whether or not MM had any role here whatsoever.

I'm recalling Suzanne Morphew received a cash allowance.

Here, the Gucci Store confirmed MM made a $3K+ purchase in May 2021 for handbag and slides but said the $1,021 charge purchase could have been for Gucci merch from Nordstrom or another retailer. I could see AM circling the charge if he was already aware of he purse/slides from earlier.

1/30/23

A staffer at the luxury retailer told Fox News Digital the last purchase that Maggie made was May 3rd 2021. She spent $3,041 on a shoulder handbag and Gucci slides.

If she made any purchases at Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue or an outlet store, they would also show up on her account, the staffer said.

Prosecutors haven't yet revealed why the $1021.10 receipt is relevant to the double murder case.

I haven’t been able to go through the threads too deep, but I’m curious how others feel about this: from the very beginning, myself and others in the region assumed that AM hired one or more other people to kill his family, not that he did it himself.

Knowing his type, and later finding out more info about his involvement with drugs, only made this feeling stronger.

I theorized that it would be a while before this went to trial and that the investigation would be long and arduous trying to identify who he hired and finding the evidence to link him to them. So it’s been pretty surprising to find that this is not the state’s theory and frankly, I’m starting to get a little concerned that they jumped the gun in coming to trial.

Does anyone else feel the same or are most people absolutely convinced he did it and that he’s the trigger man?
I think AM killed them both all by himself. I don't think he would risk involving someone else again and maybe having things go wrong, even if hiring someone would give him a built in fall guy. In this case he had 2 other types of fall guys he mentioned to LE right away, the people who were angry with his son about the boat accident and killing of his girlfriend, and the farm worker.

He decided he needed to kill his wife because his world was crumbling for financial reasons of his own making over the years and because they were headed for divorce and he was going to be cut off from shared marital resources that would allow him to deal to some degree with his ongoing criminal/legal problems.

He decided he needed to kill his son because he was in the way (in the wrong place at the wrong time at the scene of where he had "lured" his wife to kill her) and had his own separate criminal/legal problems, and he was a casualty of AM's plan to kill his wife.

All MOO

Per Alex, when he and Paul were riding around the property looking for hogs, they did a little shooting, using a pistol (iirc), shooting at a bottle. Paul shot twice, Alex shot once.

Is this maybe an excuse for GSR? Was GSR found on his hands/clothes or has that yet to be presented either way?
Bingo! Just like @Seattle1 said was going to play out!

Yet by the end of the interview, AM restates that they (AM/PM) drove around longer than 15 minutes but maybe around an hour. However, until pressed by the detective, you'd think they spent the entire afternoon together. JMO
Oh oh oh he was getting pressed right into a corner!

He wanted to give the illusion that Paul and himself had spent the whole afternoon and had this wonderful father-son day. Yeah right, Paul never left Okatie till 6:00 p.m.

Drove around maybe a hour.....and that might be stretching it.

in that 2nd interview (on the 10th I think) AM just seemed really guarded with the questions about when he seen the victims last and so on but was chatty when talking of family coming in, funeral arrangements, and where they were all at.
His asking for investigation info (any tid bits) to be given to the in laws could seem like him hoping that he could find out stuff from them instead of their well being.

Fox News has done a nice job of recapping articles by day.
Recaps from Day 1 - Day 4 (January 25,26,27 and 30).

Day 1 - 1/25/2023 Wednesday

Day 2 - 1/26/2023 Thursday

Day 3 - 1/27/2023 Friday

Day 4 - 1/30/2023 Monday

JMO

What I find truly hard to comprehend is with the amount of guns at Moselle there isn't an inventory that has been accessed to determine which guns are missing. How can you determine the value of your personal property if you don't have an inventory? I guess an insurance company would just take AM's word for how many and what kind of guns were owned if the main house were to burn or if there was a theft.

Maybe the gun wasn't reported because it was used as a payoff of some sort.

jmo

Not sticking up for him but A- that's not a lot of guns. B- I know almost zero people who have an inventory of their collection.

It's property just like anything else in your house whether it's a TV or a Monet. Some you're going to have a bit more leeway with and others you're going to provide a bit more info should you file a claim

Last edited:
Every weapon I have is documented along with serial numbers, even photos. If any come up stolen would report pronto but know some who have collections that are not documented and many times end up showing up in the wrong hands and crime scenes. A man in his position would be very stringent with what he has in in his weapon inventory. For one of his weapons to grow leg's and run away, not likely.

Given the property, they probably had more people coming and going and using firearms than the average person. I don't find it strange personally

Last edited:
JMO the “suicide attempt” with cousin Eddie wasn’t that at all. That was an attempt to tell LE “see! They are after me too!” Once LE told them they knew he staged the flat tire he then said it was a suicide attempt. JMO

More confusion about dinner that night. AM just told the investigator that Blanca prepared the meal. I think this is going to come back to haunt him.
Who is Blanca and where is she? I don't see the name Blanca on the witness list. That could be a nickname and her name could be something else and she may be on the witness list FAIK. I recall hearing a jail conversation recording between Alex and Buster where it was said by Buster that Blanca had boxed everything up and taken some of Maggie's clothes to sell and that he couldn't find anything and Alex told him to tell Blanca she had to clear that with him(Buster). He(Alex) also said IRRC that Blanca was just trying to help. I would think that she could clear up the dinner question from that fateful night.
jmo

Who is Blanca and where is she? I don't see the name Blanca on the witness list. That could be a nickname and her name could be something else and she may be on the witness list FAIK. I recall hearing a jail conversation recording between Alex and Buster where it was said by Buster that Blanca had boxed everything up and taken some of Maggie's clothes to sell and that he couldn't find anything and Alex told him to tell Blanca she had to clear that with him(Buster). He(Alex) also said IRRC that Blanca was just trying to help. I would think that she could clear up the dinner question from that fateful night.
jmo

On the fence about a 2nd person being involved.

Imo, AM had the most to gain, and I doubt he had anyone he trusted enough to 'assist' him in the crime or the cover up.
Cousin Eddie imo. Cousin Eddie took the weapons back with him. Why else would the murder weapons be hidden so well they were never found but yet AM just decided to take the GSR raincoat to mom and dads of all places a week later?

Imo, AM had the most to gain, and I doubt he had anyone he trusted enough to 'assist' him in the crime or the cover up.
Visualizing him rolling up getting a quick visual on the scene, engaging the first target first being the son being the higher threat. Now drop the first weapon where you stand and keep engaging second target, his wife with the second weapon which was slung on shoulder. Keep moving with semi suppressing fire since now second target is moving as well. Just throwing theory on the wall see if any sticky parts stick. Thinking it may have played out slower do to the fact both victims knew the killer.

IMO he trusted cousin Eddy enough. He certainly trusted him enough to have him participate and help perpetrate the September roadside fiasco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46