ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 70

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I haven't seen any indication that there is a conflict of interest. I doubt Xana's mom has given the attorney confidential information about the case. Anything she knows she's probably learned from the media. Having a daughter in the same school as the defendant doesn't mean there is a connection between BK and the victims. Imo
ETA: This has probably been beaten to death at this point, and after re-reading my post, I realize it didn't say what I wanted it to say (ie, made no sense). :)

Last edited:
Whilst I can't quite imagine it that way to the extent you have, I can imagine that knowing Ethan was in the house (but likely to be horizontal, in a dark room and vulnerable) was not at all a deterrant MOO. I do tend to think that if it was a fight he wanted he would have gone in before c 4.08am (by my calculations per p6 PCA). But I can imagine the thought process you describe, the feeling of dominance and power, that a killer might crave by killing 'the man of the house'.
My prior basic and military service conditioning IMO BK has similar mindset to the quasi military groups he participated in, wanted to participate in, the interest in police work, physical conditioning kickboxing, boxing, people reporting his prior behavior and attitude desire to fight IMO. So it was likely violent, combative IMO, with Ethan and Xana 2nd floor near and in bedroom.
Missing time on his route/return to Pullman likely stashing knife, clothes for later pick up.
IMO it was about him and killing people more than anything else guys and girls in that house.
I don’t think he saw or heard Xana.MOO

"Bryan Kohberger appeared to vanish for several hours while he was under surveillance by police investigating the University of Idaho murders, it has been revealed."

BBM. We don't know that Xana was the only one moving around at 4 am. Per the PCA, Kaylee was supposedly awake too.
If I recall, the witness heard sounds upstairs like "Kaylee playing with the dog". There is absolutely nothing in the PCA to indicate if Kaylee was awake or asleep. I have a feeling the sounds were Maddie and Kaylee being killed. JMO

"There are two likely scenarios that will lead to the discovery of the murder weapon used in the University of Idaho murders case, according to former FBI agent Jennifer Coffindaffer."

Coffindaffer, ex FBI, suggests that the murder weapon will be recovered at some point either by someone out walking or hunting who finds it; or BK will tell LE where it is in order to negotiate his sentence to get the death penalty off the table if he is found guilty.

If found guilty at trial, why would LE be willing to negotiate with BK in the sentencing phase and take the death penalty off the table (if LE does decide to make this a death penalty case) in exchange for the location of the murder weapon?

If I recall, the witness heard sounds upstairs like "Kaylee playing with the dog". There is absolutely nothing in the PCA to indicate if Kaylee was awake or asleep. I have a feeling the sounds were Maddie and Kaylee being killed. JMO

Actually, the PCA states that Kaylee could be heard saying "someone is here." It's possible that was Xana, but per the witness's report from the PCA, she reported it was Kaylee.

Also, while you have a feeling it was the sound of Maddie and Kaylee being killed, there's also nothing in the PCA to indicate it wasn't Kaylee playing with the dog. She might have been, which is consistent with what DM reported. I don't think we can discount what DM reported just based on our feeling of what she heard, especially when none of us have all the facts.

MOO.

Actually, the PCA states that Kaylee could be heard saying "someone is here." It's possible that was Xana, but per the witness's report from the PCA, she reported it was Kaylee.

Also, while you have a feeling it was the sound of Maddie and Kaylee being killed, there's also nothing in the PCA to indicate it wasn't Kaylee playing with the dog. She might have been, which is consistent with what DM reported. I don't think we can discount what DM reported just based on our feeling of what she heard, especially when none of us have all the facts.

MOO.
It might have been that Kaylee was in her bedroom playing with the dog, then heard something and went to Maddie's room to investigate.
There she was murdered and put by BK on the bed with Maddie.

But, on the other hand, wouldn't she shout?

JMO

I hesitate to call a person bad or good. A person is a person.
People can exercise impulse control, Bryan did not.

But I'm curious as to why Bryan chose these victims. Why did he wait to unleash fury on a young woman who ignored his repeated greetings on social media (and her flat mates)?
In most moral systems, an act is evil if it is: a grave offense (i.e. likely to produce great harm); it is committed with full awareness of the action, its likely result, and the gravity of the offense; and if it is committed after deliberation or with malice. The acts with which BK is charged are universally defined as evil (i.e. morally reprehensible).

An evil person is someone who is characteristically disposed to perform evil actions. This is someone who will seek the opportunity to perform evil actions, and who cannot be reformed and made into a good person. Serial killers, thrill killers, and those who kill for power and money definitely meet this definition IMO.

Assuming that BK is guilty of the crimes with which he is charged, the crimes meet any definition of evil.

However, I tend to agree with you that we haven't seen sufficient evidence to judge whether BK is an evil person.

Last edited:
Indeed. LE even goes to the point of noting that they think it was X who spoke, not K. I think they have more information to back up that K was in fact not awake. MOO

Thank you for sharing. As I look through the case summary, I don't see a no contact order for Xana's mom, CN (or possibly CK). Am I just missing it?
I think it's very possible that Xana and her mother were not in contact and hadn't been for several years. At the memorial for all the kids, a family member of Xana's spoke and said that Xana and her sister lived with this relative for a couple of years when they were teenagers. That always lead me to believe that Xana's home life could have been going through a rough patch at some point. That's one of the reasons I was personally put off by the interview that Newsmax did with Xana's mom. MOO.

My prior basic and military service conditioning IMO BK has similar mindset to the quasi military groups he participated in, wanted to participate in, the interest in police work, physical conditioning kickboxing, boxing, people reporting his prior behavior and attitude desire to fight IMO. So it was likely violent, combative IMO, with Ethan and Xana 2nd floor near and in bedroom.
Missing time on his route/return to Pullman likely stashing knife, clothes for later pick up.
IMO it was about him and killing people more than anything else guys and girls in that house.
What quasi military groups was BK participating with?

BBM. We don't know that Xana was the only one moving around at 4 am. Per the PCA, Kaylee was supposedly awake too.
Could you point out where in the PCA it is said Kaylee was awake?

Per PCA, p4, DM confirms all roomates were in their rooms by 2am with the exception of Xana "who received a doordash at 4am...". It's not stated that KG was awake.

IMO, we know for sure Kaylee and Maddie were awake at about 2.50am sending texts, as per MPD timeline. King Road Homicides | Moscow, ID

If you are referring to statements of DM's in the PCA (p4) -'what she thought was Kaylee playing with dog' - and then the "someone's here" comment, then the PCA contextualises the latter to suggest that the speaker could well have been Xana, IMO.

The playing with dog statement is a "what could have been statement" IMO. When read in the context of the timeline being presented, what DM heard at that point could have been the attack in Maddie's room.

Either way I don't think it's right to say Kaylee is awake at 4 am as per PCA.MOO

ETA: IMO, wording could be Kaylee may have been or possibly was awake, but atm we can't know this.

Last edited:
BK was in a militia?

MOO.
She "thought" it was Kaylee. Neither the "playing with dog sounds" nor "someone is here" were definitively stated by DM to be Kaylee. Facts matter.

I believe screenshot is from page 4

Attachments

• 20230131_120946.jpg
    20230131_120946.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 12
Well, yes the deaths were violent. When info from autopsies is available it will shed a lot more light on manner of death I guess.

Meh, I really doubt the bushy eyebrows make the case. I bet I could walk down the street in Moscow and see about a dozen men with bushy brows. The devil IS in the details, but the details that make a difference in terms of looks wasn't in the PCA, IMO.
She described the figure as 5’10” or taller, male, not very muscular, but athletically built with bushy eyebrows,

Is it concerning that there's no mention of race, ethnicity, age etc.? Could be describing a 40 yo Hispanic male. idk moo

Per the PCA, the witness thought she heard Kaylee saying “there’s someone here,” but the PCA writer clearly thinks that it might have been Xana who said that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member