CA - Tesla crash off cliff shocked rescuers, Dr. dad arrested for attempted murder of family, Devil’s Slide, Jan 2023

RSBM

I can't imagine the reserves of courage she had to draw on. It's unthinkable.

I wish health and healing for her and her two precious children. I hope she has strong supports waiting for her when she recovers enough to be discharged.
It truly is unthinkable. I wonder if he was conscious while waiting for help. Can you imagine the conversation.

I bet this will be on 20/20, Dateline, etc soon. Gorgeous couple (he’s a Dr and she’s a teacher), kids are adorable, affluent neighborhood, etc. why would he do this?

It truly is unthinkable. I wonder if he was conscious while waiting for help. Can you imagine the conversation.

I bet this will be on 20/20, Dateline, etc soon. Gorgeous couple (he’s a Dr and she’s a teacher), kids are adorable, affluent neighborhood, etc. why would he do this?
RBBM

Why do they ever? Spoiler - there is never a good enough reason. No family deserves this selfish brutality.

I'm just glad he bought a ridiculously overengineered car, and because he did, that family gets a chance to live beyond him. Most victims of annihilators don't.

There you have it. Wife says he tried to kill us.

She then started “screaming” about her husband’s “intentionality” to kill her and their two kids, a 7-year-old daughter and 4-year-old son, San Mateo County District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe told the San Francisco Chronicle.

Specifically, Wagstaffe told the Los Angeles Times that Neha Patel said: “He intentionally tried to kill us.”

“She said very simply this was not an accident,” Wagstaffe told the LA paper of the plunge that officials have called “an absolute miracle” that all four survived, with the youngest walking away with just bruises.”

……………………….
They had to wait hours to be rescued. Can you imagine the wife stuck in the car presumably trying to keep her injured kids calm. Knowing the man she loved just tried to kill them.
Not only that, but the rescue put the First Responders' lives in danger, too!

Imagine how terrifying that was, wife probably scared to death and stayed calm and collected to keep the kiddos from understanding the monster behind the wheel tried to end them. What an agonizing ordeal, I hope these kiddos are sheltered from this for years and mama recovers.

The wife (and perhaps one of the children?) is STILL in the hospital almost one month later! Sounds like the injuries must be very serious. I'm also surprised that investigators still have not gotten the chance to interview the victims. I hope this doesn't mean the wife is considering defending the husband.

Neha Patel remains hospitalized and has not been interviewed by prosecutors, Wagstaffe said. Her attorney has said that she would talk to investigators only “when she was physically ready to do so.”

Prosecutors also want to interview her daughter — she suffered unspecified serious injuries — but the family has not made her available, he told the outlets.

Imagine how terrifying that was, wife probably scared to death and stayed calm and collected to keep the kiddos from understanding the monster behind the wheel tried to end them. What an agonizing ordeal, I hope these kiddos are sheltered from this for years and mama recovers.
It was amazing watching a clip of the rescuers being dropped down to the wreckage. Obviously a dangerous, but very exciting, profession! Wow.

It was amazing watching a clip of the rescuers being dropped down to the wreckage. Obviously a dangerous, but very exciting, profession! Wow.
And imagine how they felt upon learning this wasn't an accident.

Wasn't this the same area where the lesbian couple drove off a cliff in a van WITH THEIR SIX ADOPTED CHILDREN a few years ago?

She then started “screaming” about her husband’s “intentionality” to kill her and their two kids, a 7-year-old daughter and 4-year-old son, San Mateo County District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe told the San Francisco Chronicle.

Specifically, Wagstaffe told the Los Angeles Times that Neha Patel said: “He intentionally tried to kill us.”

“She said very simply this was not an accident,” Wagstaffe told the LA paper of the plunge that officials have called “an absolute miracle” that all four survived, with the youngest walking away with just bruises.”

……………………….
They had to wait hours to be rescued. Can you imagine the wife stuck in the car presumably trying to keep her injured kids calm. Knowing the man she loved just tried to kill.
I cannot. Wow.

Wasn't this the same area where the lesbian couple drove off a cliff in a van WITH THEIR SIX ADOPTED CHILDREN a few years ago?
I think it is. That was a crazy and horrifying story. I listened to the Broken Harts podcast about it. Very well done.

……………………….
They had to wait hours to be rescued. Can you imagine the wife stuck in the car presumably trying to keep her injured kids calm. Knowing the man she loved just tried to kill them.
Wow! :mad:o_O

Dharmesh Patel, a Pasadena man accused of intentionally driving his family off Devil's Slide cliff in Northern California, pleaded not guilty to attempted murder charges in a Redwood City courthouse on Thursday.

Patel faces three counts of attempted murder after allegedly driving his wife and two children off the cliff in early January.

Patel's next court date is set for March 20.

Dharmesh Patel, a Pasadena man accused of intentionally driving his family off Devil's Slide cliff in Northern California, pleaded not guilty to attempted murder charges in a Redwood City courthouse on Thursday.

Patel faces three counts of attempted murder after allegedly driving his wife and two children off the cliff in early January.

Patel's next court date is set for March 20.

We can no longer tolerate this kind of men who consider themselves so powerful that they can have a life or death right over their families .
Listen to JJ Cale’s songs. Humanity.

Further north, in Mendocino County.
Much closer to the subject of this thread, someone's dashcam caught a Lexus RX flying over the side of Hwy 1 on Dec. 30, 2019. The wreck of the car was later found, as was the body of the woman driving it.

Have there been any updates on this? Is he still in custody?

Have there been any updates on this? Is he still in custody?
His wife doesn't want him prosecuted - he is still in custody without bail and has a prelim. hearing 3/20/2023

San Mateo County Chief Deputy District Attorney Sean Gallagher said victims who decline to cooperate with police are common in cases of domestic violence.

“Regardless of whether she is cooperative, we believe we have sufficient evidence to prove the charges beyond a reasonable doubt,” he said in the Redwood City courtroom.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back