TN TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells Missing from Rogersville, June 2021 #34

Have you been following this case from early on? There is a long back story that many of us followed from the beginning, which might answer some of your questions about the current situation.

As you said above, the calls could be monitored if the plan is still reunification. So that begs the question---is that still the plan?
Agreed. And there is PLEANTY of "back story" as far as the parents go. I don't believe for one moment that the children aren't being alowed to be returned to their parent's for any other reason than it is not a safe and healthy environment for them to be released to.

Update from their website, it states Candus has been unwell and asks for folks to keep her in thoughts and prayers:

There is also a reminder that SW's 7th birthday is coming up.

“The only thing that changed is suddenly I wasn’t, we weren’t allowed to contact them (the boys) at all,” he said.

DW stated that he has had to find work out of state.

WJHL news11

And since he was released from jail, Wells says it has been a challenge to gain custody back.

“[DCS is] doing nothing to help us. In fact, they’re making us jump through all kinds of hoops, which is almost impossible to jump through all of them and hold a job and do all these things and making it real, real tough on us,” said Wells.

I guess he doesn't understand that CPS always makes everyone 'jump through hoops' in order to regain custody, once it is lost.

And if his wife is having significant heart problems and he is now working out of state, and they have not yet finished fixing up the dangerous house conditions---CPS possibly wonders how they would manage taking care of the 3 boys at this time, without safe living conditions or someone able to care for them and get them to school and back.

Last edited:
And since he was released from jail, Wells says it has been a challenge to gain custody back.

“[DCS is] doing nothing to help us. In fact, they’re making us jump through all kinds of hoops, which is almost impossible to jump through all of them and hold a job and do all these things and making it real, real tough on us,” said Wells.

I guess he doesn't understand that CPS always makes everyone 'jump through hoops' in order to regain custody, once it is lost.

And if his wife is having significant heart problems and he is now working out of state, and they have not yet finished fixing up the dangerous house conditions---CPS possibly wonders how they would manage taking care of the 3 boys at this time, without safe living conditions or someone able to care for them and get them to school and back.

Bingo, DW just told us the answer here. The reunification plan DCS gave them probably included things like, making the physical house a clean and safe environment and attending required parenting and substance abuse classes/counseling. It is hard work, and it does take a lot of time and energy, to provide a safe home for your children. If they haven't put in the work on their reunification plan, then no - DCS won't cut them any slack IMO.

“The only thing that changed is suddenly I wasn’t, we weren’t allowed to contact them (the boys) at all,” he said.

DW stated that he has had to find work out of state.

WJHL news11
From your link:

“One of the guards gave me a copy of the New Living Translation Bible. So I found that to be about the best book there was. So I read,” Wells said. “I read it several times because what else was there really to do? I was in 23-hour lockdown for my safety, they say.”

Wells told News Channel 11 that their three older children were in touch with his wife, Candus, while he was in jail. We asked if something changed when he was released.

“The only thing that changed is suddenly I wasn’t, we weren’t allowed to contact them at all,” he said.

So it seems that Candus was able to speak to the boys until Don was released from jail. DCS isn’t likely to explain the status change any time soon but IMO there’s a reason why they don’t want him to communicate with the boys. We can only guess and maybe it’s because DCS is flawed but why then would they allow the mother to contact the boys? Puzzling.

From your link:

“One of the guards gave me a copy of the New Living Translation Bible. So I found that to be about the best book there was. So I read,” Wells said. “I read it several times because what else was there really to do? I was in 23-hour lockdown for my safety, they say.”

Wells told News Channel 11 that their three older children were in touch with his wife, Candus, while he was in jail. We asked if something changed when he was released.

“The only thing that changed is suddenly I wasn’t, we weren’t allowed to contact them at all,” he said.

So it seems that Candus was able to speak to the boys until Don was released from jail. DCS isn’t likely to explain the status change any time soon but IMO there’s a reason why they don’t want him to communicate with the boys. We can only guess and maybe it’s because DCS is flawed but why then would they allow the mother to contact the boys? Puzzling.
I suspect it's possible that since the boys have been in state/county? custody, they've done some talking about what life was like living with mom and dad. I know we've all followed cases where CPS has failed families in horrifying ways, but there most certainly are times when keeping the bio parents away from the kids is the best possible thing they can do, for the safety and well being of the kids.

jmo

I suspect it's possible that since the boys have been in state/county? custody, they've done some talking about what life was like living with mom and dad. I know we've all followed cases where CPS has failed families in horrifying ways, but there most certainly are times when keeping the bio parents away from the kids is the best possible thing they can do, for the safety and well being of the kids.

jmo
Sounds to me like he just doesn't want to "jump through all the hoops" required by the court. That IS how CPS is trying to help them.

I think they give parents a certain amount of time before they take parental rights away. Maybe two years? I guess it depends on the case but it seems they are running out of time.

Bolding mine.
When possible, most DCFS organizations make an effort to reunify families !
So, something is not right yet, at the Well's house ?
M00.

I'm very sorry to hear that Summer has not been found. A very strange case. Can someone please give a brief update? It looks like you are discussing Summer's brothers. Have law enforcement ever interviewed the brothers to see if they noticed anything or heard anything out of place?

I'm very sorry to hear that Summer has not been found. A very strange case. Can someone please give a brief update? It looks like you are discussing Summer's brothers. Have law enforcement ever interviewed the brothers to see if they noticed anything or heard anything out of place?

We wouldn’t be privy to what the brothers disclosed. I’m certain they’ve been interviewed multiple times by skilled professionals in at least two contexts (disappearance & removal from parents).

We wouldn’t be privy to what the brothers disclosed. I’m certain they’ve been interviewed multiple times by skilled professionals in at least two contexts (disappearance & removal from parents).

Here’s a Q&A from TBI stating brothers were interviewed: TBI Update on Summer Wells Amber Alert one year later - WDEF

I’ll add that the teenage boy (a family friend, not a brother) who accompanied them on their errands that day has been quoted and his version was discussed a lot in prior threads. The JMO as I can’t keep track of what non-MSM sources are allowed on this thread anymore.

TBI statement today 2/3/23:
“The investigation into the circumstances surrounding the disappearance of Summer Wells remains active and ongoing. TBI agents continue to work with the FBI and the Hawkins County Sheriff’s Office to pursue all potential leads."
- LESLIE EARHART, TBI PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER

WJHL news11

The CPS change to no contact with their boys could be a harbinger to something that is coming…

Amateur opinion and speculation
Yeah but we've thought something big was happening many times since she disappeared and turned out not to be anything. I just find it easier to quietly lurk and hope that eventually she'll be found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back