SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes.

no, claimed he was taking a nap at the Moselle main house.

Snip-
Murdaugh told investigators Maggie joined them for dinner that evening and then went down to the dog kennels. Murdaugh said he fell asleep while watching TV, but that Paul must have joined his mother.

He told SLED he never went down to the kennels or saw the two of them again before leaving Moselle shortly after 9 p.m. to visit his ailing mother.

“I stayed in the house,” Murdaugh said.

Senior Murdaugh's home is in Varnville, Google maps states 11 mi., 16 minute drive from Moselle property.

RBBM

Hey, AM, tell us what was on the telly.

JMO

As far as the gun/bullet testimony why wouldn’t that be entered since it is directly related to the autopsy?

I agree that he is a crook and a very dishonourable man but I can't get past the two rifles that were used...how and why would he do that...I wonder if there were two men who were there to kill Paul because of the boating accident and then saw Maggie and had to kill her as well...I know, highly unlikely but the number of rifles used and the brutal shot to Paul's head makes me think it had to be someone else..

Serious question: Has the Murdaugh name always been pronounced 'Murdock' or is this because the name is too similar sounding to 'murder' if pronounced 'Murdaw'? Thx.

This weapons testimony, while excessively dry, is exquisitely damning.

The weapon used to murder Maggie/Paul was used not infrequently at other places on the property.

And it happens likely and conveniently to be missing.

Of allllllllll the guns on that property, are we to believe really that a weaponless murderer came upon Moselle and lucked upon an oft-fired, household weapon which he used to shoot Maggie/Paul while AM was mapping?

AM must have sprinted back to the house, quick turned on the TV and was sound asleep 4 minutes earlier....

'Sif.

JMO

Last edited:

The weapon used to murder Maggie/Paul was used not infrequently at other places on the property.

And it happens to be missing.

Of allllllllll the guns on that property, are we to believe really that a weaponless murderer came upon Moselle and lucked upon an oft-fired, household weapon which he used to shoot Maggie/Paul while AM was mapping?

AM must have sprinted back to the house, quick turned on the TV and was sound asleep 4 minutes earlier....
'Sif.

JMO
could the guns have been stolen to implicate AM?

Serious question: Has the Murdaugh name always been pronounced 'Murdock' or is this because the name is too similar sounding to 'murder' if pronounced 'Murdaw'? Thx.

In this region, all people I know with the last name Murdaugh, both related and unrelated to Alex, all pronounce it like "Mur-dock".

It's just a regional thing.

I agree that he is a crook and a very dishonourable man but I can't get past the two rifles that were used...how and why would he do that...I wonder if there were two men who were there to kill Paul because of the boating accident and then saw Maggie and had to kill her as well...I know, highly unlikely but the number of rifles used and the brutal shot to Paul's head makes me think it had to be someone else..
I remember thinking the day I heard about the shooting that 2 guns had been used deliberately to throw LE off and make it look more like a targeted revenge killing that required 2 people. MOO.

I would think Satterfield comes into account to show how abusive and reckless he is. He has no conscious.
That is not a valid reason to admit it. It's possible it could come in under "common plan or scheme" re the September 2021 road-side shooting, which AM also allegedly did to evade problems. Tony Satterfield said he contacted AM about the money sometime in June -- before the roadside episode. To be admitted the evidence not only has to be admissible under Rule 404 (below), it must also be more probative than prejudicial.

CHARACTER EVIDENCE NOT ADMISSIBLE TO PROVE CONDUCT; EXCEPTION; OTHER CRIMES

(a) Character Evidence Generally. Evidence of a person's character or a trait of character is not admissible for the purpose of proving action in conformity therewith on a particular occasion, except:

(1) Character of Accused. Evidence of a pertinent trait of character offered by an accused, or by the prosecution to rebut the same;
(2) Character of Victim. Evidence of a pertinent trait of character of the victim of the crime offered by an accused, or by the prosecution to rebut the same, or evidence of a character trait of peacefulness of the victim offered by the prosecution in a homicide case to rebut evidence that the victim was the first aggressor;
(3) Character of Witness. Evidence of the character of a witness, as provided in Rules 607, 608, and 609.
(b) Other Crimes, Wrongs, or Acts. Evidence of other crimes, wrongs, or acts is not admissible to prove the character of a person in order to show action in conformity therewith. It may, however, be admissible to show motive, identity, the existence of a common scheme or plan, the absence of mistake or accident, or intent.

That is not a valid reason to admit it. It's possible it could come in under "common plan or scheme" re the September 2021 road-side shooting, which AM also allegedly did to evade problems. Tony Satterfield said he contacted AM about the money sometime in June -- before the roadside episode. To be admitted the evidence not only has to be admissible under Rule 404 (below), it must also be more probative than prejudicial.

CHARACTER EVIDENCE NOT ADMISSIBLE TO PROVE CONDUCT; EXCEPTION; OTHER CRIMES

(a) Character Evidence Generally. Evidence of a person's character or a trait of character is not admissible for the purpose of proving action in conformity therewith on a particular occasion, except:

(b) Other Crimes, Wrongs, or Acts. Evidence of other crimes, wrongs, or acts is not admissible to prove the character of a person in order to show action in conformity therewith. It may, however, be admissible to show motive, identity, the existence of a common scheme or plan, the absence of mistake or accident, or intent.

Thank you!

And it happens likely and conveniently to be missing.

'Sif.

JMO
Missing is key and the defense saying the weapons on display there were not used, um yes. That's not what the prosecution was pushing but the defense turning on the fog machine, again.

nd
Pretty sure Maggie was hit with a point blank shot in the head too so she too was essentially executed. I've always thought that two weapons were used to throw off LE to think that two subjects were involved. The fact that shell casings found on the property match those found beside Maggie is pretty damming, plus the most damming evidence of AM being on the video literally seconds before the murders occurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member