Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
if there actually was an abduction, how would the dog have stayed in the field? wouldn't it have followed NB and whomever was taking her away? wouldn't it have barked and caused mayhem? does not make a lot of sense to me.

The dog was found between the bench and the metal kissing gate, on the other side from the field that leads to caravan sites etc, I don't think it would be able to get beyond the gate to follow.

Non of it makes any sense. The dogs harness was off bit Willow hadn’t been in the water. I am not a dog owner but would you encourage a dog to chase a ball into the river at this time of year so early in the morning?
Why didn’t Willow enter the water if NB fell in or at least be barking to raise the alarm?
It's been clearly stated by a friend of Nicola's in MSM that she no longer took a ball on walks as the dog would pester for it too much.

Non of it makes any sense. The dogs harness was off bit Willow hadn’t been in the water. I am not a dog owner but would you encourage a dog to chase a ball into the river at this time of year so early in the morning?
Why didn’t Willow enter the water if NB fell in or at least be barking to raise the alarm?
other info says no ball - the only thing I can think is that maybe the grass on the slope was lightly frosted- that can be surprisingly slippery and not obviously icy, so if she was shooing the dog away from the water, she could have slipped, and maybe no marks because the ground was nearly frozen. I have not read if the dog was distressed when found and some dogs do not water retrieve...and the river is supposed to be deep right near that bench.

Stretch of river where Nicola Bulley vanished is 'notoriously ...

https://www.thesun.co.uk › news › dangerous-river-nicola...

1 day ago — Police fear Nicola Bulley has fallen in the River Wyre ... its deepest - close to where Nicola vanished - the river reaches a depth of 15ft.

No, I’m not mistaken. The park itself covers hundreds of acres and also has a fishing lake. Yes, the boundaries would be close to the riverside, but as no CCTV picked up any images of a woman being carried or dragged with a dog, and no police sniffer dogs picking up Nikki’s scent in the wide area the police searched it’s fair to say she never went or was taken to the leisure caravan park. They’ve totally dismissed that.

For the sake of clarity, could you post a link (preferably a link in Google Earth) to show us exactly which park you are referring to?

Interesting input. The LE press conference of 3 Feb 2023 may not have gone down as well as they hoped, for there seems to me to be a public backlash to it & police may now bring in someone from outside their force to head up this operation & review matters.
The forensic search & rescue expert, Peter Faulding gave an excellent insight into the use of sonar for detecting objects in water, explaining why nothing may have been found.
His further professional analysis & concern that NB may not have placed the phone on the bench at 9.20am echoes the sentiments of many on WS - & IMO, it is essential now for LE to explain why they have ruled out 3rd party, criminal or suspicious involvement in the disappearance of NB, particularly as the area of her disappearance appears to have a worryingly high unsolved crime rate involving violent / sexual offences since January 2022, as listed upthread by well known member, Todders, on page 42 #4, today, at 11.48am.

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I know about the dangers of rivers and the sheer amount of people who just end up in water by accident while out walking or running, I just can’t conceive it’s a possibility, even though I know it is. I think we tend to look for something more sinister as we can’t comprehend the more logical explanation, and yes sometimes there are sinister reasons, but maybe not here. It’s such a strange one though.

I see it states ‘Access to the public footpath on the Fiddle Neck can be gained through the locked gate which must be re-locked after access has been gained.’ - I wonder if that’s the bit at the bottom near to where NB was last seen.
Interesting. I guess a few people have a key and it’s not often used…

I've been following, but not commenting. I can't help but worry about NB's dad's statement saying "And if N***** is out there and she's watching this - come home, contact the police. We just want you back." Could it be that she have needed a break and it's gone out of control? Please delete this if not allowed?
I just took it as him grasping at straws. Poor man..

So, there are witnesses who saw her as on CCTV, that entered the area from near where she did, and there's just the one entrance that has no CCTV,
can you not enter the area over walls, bushes etc at any point ?

Agree with you about how unlikely it is but Rowanwater looks to be about an acre in size with 15 or so luxury mobile homes. Unless we are looking at different parks entirely ? Home - Rowanwater
Maybe Rowanter is just an acre (though I don’t know the size of the lake), but that means it was even easier for the police and sniffer dogs to search.

other info says no ball - the only thing I can think is that maybe the grass on the slope was lightly frosted- that can be surprisingly slippery and not obviously icy, so if she was shooing the dog away from the water, she could have slipped, and maybe no marks because the ground was nearly frozen. I have not read if the dog was distressed when found and some dogs do not water retrieve...and the river is supposed to be deep right near that bench.

Stretch of river where Nicola Bulley vanished is 'notoriously ...

https://www.thesun.co.uk › news › dangerous-river-nicola...

1 day ago — Police fear Nicola Bulley has fallen in the River Wyre ... its deepest - close to where Nicola vanished - the river reaches a depth of 15ft.

Police searching for Nicola Bulley have appealed for a "key" witness who they believe was in the area on the morning of the mother-of-two's disappearance.

The witness is a woman seen pushing a pram on the morning of Friday 27th January, when Ms Bulley went missing.

"It is believed that the female in question may have walked along the river path during these times and so detectives want to speak to her and urge her to get in touch," Lancashire police said.

If she fell I'm was it above or below the weir? Could she be carried out to the Irish Sea? There was a young man who went missing near me years ago & cctv showed he must have fallen in the water & was eventually found yards from where last seen snagged on tree roots. If this goes down 15ft have they checked along the banks but below water level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer