Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those radars are great but they don't penetrate mud and the river has been moving so there will be mud in the deepest places..

I'm finding it disheartening to tell the truth..
I'll be the first to criticise LE but not in this case, no way.
Their work is exemplary and I have experience in searching for missing people, SAR, ground searches.

Unless a drowning is actually witnessed there is no evidence unless a vehicle is left close to the drowning spot and even then it does not prove a drowning, just increases the likelihood of it.

It is long tedious work , repetitive and exhausting because you have to search each place every time the tide turns.
And every time you search it is different because the tide changes the landscape.
Nicola is wearing black clothes which make the job far more difficult on land or water.
Without a colour you go blind.. really difficult.
Good to hear this from a person with experience.

That Gilet is not the same one as shown in the CCTV. Look at the back. The Gilet in your FB pic. would have the padded seams going around the back horizontally.

View attachment 400468

You might be right there actually (not convinced she’s wearing the gilet at that point but doubt she has loads of them) - little doubt on the wellies and undercoat though.

That Gilet is not the same one as shown in the CCTV. Look at the back. The Gilet in your FB pic. would have the padded seams going around the back vertically.

View attachment 400468

That doesn't look like a gilet. It has sleeves. Think that's more likely to be the Englebert Strauss jacket re Police report. To my eyes it looks dark blue and not black but that could be a trick of the camera.

Those radars are great but they don't penetrate mud and the river has been moving so there will be mud in the deepest places..

I'm finding it disheartening to tell the truth..
I'll be the first to criticise LE but not in this case, no way.
Their work is exemplary and I have experience in searching for missing people, SAR, ground searches.

Unless a drowning is actually witnessed there is no evidence unless a vehicle is left close to the drowning spot and even then it does not prove a drowning, just increases the likelihood of it.

It is long tedious work , repetitive and exhausting because you have to search each place every time the tide turns.
And every time you search it is different because the tide changes the landscape.
Nicola is wearing black clothes which make the job far more difficult on land or water.
Without a colour you go blind.. really difficult.
they havent exactly been accurate all the times in this case though

That doesn't look like a gilet. It has sleeves. Think that's more likely to be the Englebert Strauss jacket re Police report. To my eyes it looks dark blue and not black but that could be a trick of the camera.
I am in no way a fashionista but with a (heavy) Strauss jacket I personally wouldn’t put a longline gilet on over it, unless it was minus some degrees outside! Other people may disagree it’s just my own opinion.

Am I the only one who thinks the police's description of Nicola was almost exactly as I imagined after seeing the CCTV of her? Really not seeing what the confusion is here. Maybe it's not quite ankle length, but she's short so it does go below her knees. Any longer and she'd have been tripping all over it so something like this is what I had in mind.

they havent exactly been accurate all the times in this case though
They initiated a search IMMEDIATELY, had divers in the water within a couple of hours and conducted a full and thorough investigation which is continuing.

People are like children, I got a sore thumb from blocking on social media.
People have such a sense of entitlement.
They have to blame someone, either the next of kin, the family or in this case the police.
We're adults.
We all want her found alive.
The police are not responsible for her disappearance.
In this case they have gone above and beyond providing timely updates and informing the public and protecting their witnesses, yet the abuse continues.

We are mere observers. We are not entitled to every detail of an investigation.

IMO the dog harness is the key item. The phone being on the bench makes sense. You may put it there whilst sitting or leave it there to attend to something else. But why put the harness on the floor and not on the bench if you were putting it down?
The dog might have moved it.
One of the people who came across the scene might have moved it?

Just an observation: The gate and fences in the vicinity of the bench are not high. If NB had left the scene on foot, the untethered dog could have quite easily jumped over and followed, but it stayed near the bench.

<modsnip>

kudos to the diving team going in tomorrow, hoping for some answers but also sad either way as nothing feels good in this case. The best outcome would be NB walking through the front door to her family.

The CCTV which was stated as not working at the back/side of caravan site was incorrect info, the friend cleared this up on FB and on the MSM report below. It was infact an exit onto Rowanwater (upper field). There is a road that leads onto this exit over a gate.

Last edited by a moderator:
They initiated a search IMMEDIATELY, had divers in the water within a couple of hours and conducted a full and thorough investigation which is continuing.

People are like children, I got a sore thumb from blocking on social media.
People have such a sense of entitlement.
They have to blame someone, either the next of kin, the family or in this case the police.
We're adults.
We all want her found alive.
The police are not responsible for her disappearance.
In this case they have gone above and beyond providing timely updates and informing the public and protecting their witnesses, yet the abuse continues.

We are mere observers. We are not entitled to every detail of an investigation.
Garton Lane? and about the tennis ball that she didnt have? thats not abusing the police as I have police force members in my family and think as a whole the force do a fantastic job in this country. Btw I totally agree about the searchers they got up and actually am glad this other guy is going in as I was worried how long the searches would go on for.

Garton Lane? and about the tennis ball that she didnt have? thats not abusing the police as I have police force members in my family and think as a whole the force do a fantastic job in this country. Btw I totally agree about the searchers they got up and actually am glad this other guy is going in as I was worried how long the searches would go on for.
Parks are full of tennis balls, quite possible dog found one.
This says Garstang Road.
Presser stated lane, presumably in error but as no lane exists it's not like it sent a search party off in a wrong direction or anything egregious.

This says Garstang Road.
Presser stated lane, presumably in error but as no lane exists it's not like it sent a search party off in a wrong direction or anything egregious.
She also mentioned the A road it leads on to.

I think people are being super critical pulling her up on one mis-speak in a 30 minute press conference. Especially as they then clarified quickly after.

She also mentioned the A road it leads on to.

I think people are being super critical pulling her up on one mis-speak in a 30 minute press conference. Especially as they then clarified quickly after.
Anyone feel like dragging up historical maps of the park?
I'm interested in old tunnels, crypts underground passages that might have existed prior to development?
Just in case she was taken there if she is not in the water and I sincerely hope she is not in the water.
Longshot, I know but might be worth looking at as there is no evidence she left that park that day or subsequently.

I'm still so heartbroken by all this, but I would really like to know why LE haven't /didn't release photos of NB on the day she went missing if they had them? And of course no reconstruction. (In other cases LE have released pictures from the day, to try and jog peoples memory I assume, along with the description, and later a reconstruction of some sort I know different police forces will have different ways of doing things, but this has been particularly jarring). I was also struck that I wouldn't necessarily have picked out the picture from the description in NB's case. I do still wonder if there is a line of enquiry we aren't privy to, which precludes the aspects we are familiar with seeing in MSM, which is why so many of us find this particular case odd.
Don't understand the following:

1) why are the police seemingly confident that she drowned, and therefore no one else involved? Is this a red herring to extract a perpetrator?

2) How come she still hasn't been found if she supposedly fell in the water?

3) Why the focus on the 10 minute window when anything could have happened after then? School was apparently told she had gone missing at 10.50am, nearly an hour and a half after her phone was found?

4) Given the "early" reporting of her missing, was a search executed immediately?

5) Was it a fast tide river?

6) How come no screams were heard?

7) Was the dog distressed? My dog howls whenever my partner goes into the river or sea to swim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member