Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here - in my job I look at historical maps all day! There used to be a website www.old-maps.co.uk but I see landmark took over and made it chargeable. It would be interesting to see if there were any historical tunnels etc in the area. IMO.
Have you seen the site: Old Maps Online it may not be as good as the previous old-maps site, but it still functions in a similar way.

Indeed. Or she went through the gate leaving the dog behind for whatever reason?
Possibly, IMO being a dog owner, I would never leave my dog the other side of the gate unless they were in full view to me and it was urgent. I would put harness back on and take them with me so not sure what would have caused her to do this?

Sorry if this has been covered but can’t recall. They found the harness but what about the lead? Has that been recovered?
There’s an assumption that the lady who tied the dog up must have used it. MOO

Willow is wearing a pink collar in this photo. The lead would therefore easily be attached to the collar.

Attachments

• 8622D949-2C23-4D1E-82C5-C7B71ABB9283.jpeg
    8622D949-2C23-4D1E-82C5-C7B71ABB9283.jpeg
    125.3 KB · Views: 40
Apologies if this has been mentioned, but I realised this morning that the Wyreside Farm Park caravan site is not open until March (you can see that on their website).

This is interesting in so far as a) we can effectively rule out the possibility that a visitor to the site was somehow involved (because there weren't any!), but b) if something *did* happen in the vicinity of the caravan park, there would have been no witnesses around to hear anything (other than the operators of the park). Edited to add IMO

There's a lot of anthropomorphising of the dog going on in the thread. Dogs don't use deductive reasoning nor for the most part do they rely on their eyesight. They pay attention to what they can smell and then what they can hear. If you put a dog in front of a mirror, or show it a cat on TV, it will typically ignore what it sees, because there's no smell of another animal. You can't IMO draw any inferences at all from the actions of the dog.

Well put I’ve thought about this throughout the thread but couldn’t put to words quite as succinct at above.

Possibly, IMO being a dog owner, I would never leave my dog the other side of the gate unless they were in full view to me and it was urgent. I would put harness back on and take them with me so not sure what would have caused her to do this?
If we put the river theory to one side it explains the dog running around between the bench and the gate. Why NB went through the gate - if she did - is the question.

I think she probably did fall down those stone steps by the bench because it's unlikely she would walk around far from her phone whilst connected to a meeting. Another possibility is for some reason she was rinsing something such as her hands or mud off something. If the river water was clear they probably would have found her by now but if she initially drowned in the deep section and then drifted to another spot it could explain why they are yet to find her. By the time anyone looked for her in the river a few hours had passed and even though Its not a fast flowing river, it clearly is moving.
Most likely scenario, particularly when you see the photos of the river bank from across the river, you can see just how steep it is in sections.

If we put the river theory to one side it explains the dog running around between the bench and the gate. Why NB went through the gate - if she did - is the question.
A cry for help would possibly cause her to do this? I still don't know if this would make her leave Willow though. Dog owners would not normally leave their dog any more than they would a child. IMO the lack of evidence to any scenario is the strange part to this case.

Just because they weren't in the river at 8am, doesn't mean they've not been working since then... I don't think they'd ever just rock up and blindly set off into the river... there'd be a lot of planning involved first.

I'm sure it's been mentioned on here on an earlier thread, but does anyone else think it's odd that NB's walking route was previously mapped out by someone on Google Maps (this person also mapped the section of river alongside Rowanwater):

View attachment 400581

Google Maps link
Maybe Nicola was just following an already marked route.

I think she probably did fall down those stone steps by the bench because it's unlikely she would walk around far from her phone whilst connected to a meeting. Another possibility is for some reason she was rinsing something such as her hands or mud off something. If the river water was clear they probably would have found her by now but if she initially drowned in the deep section and then drifted to another spot it could explain why they are yet to find her. By the time anyone looked for her in the river a few hours had passed and even though Its not a fast flowing river, it clearly is moving.
I didn't realise it was stone steps in the river bank. From the news coverage I could see what looked like steps but thought they were just cut into the earth. Solid steps would make it more likely that NB could have used them to access the river if she needed to as you say

She was on a Teams meeting, but had switched off the camera and sound, is that correct? Is that normal practice for her to do that?
Why would she do that?
Can’t speak for her work, but it’s not uncommon at mine if it’s a large meeting and not everyone is expected to talk then only the person speaking has their camera on. Even in smaller meetings some people do it. It’s not uncommon. One other obvious possibility is she didn’t want them to know she was out of the house having a nice walk during a meeting.

Can’t speak for her work, but it’s not uncommon at mine if it’s a large meeting and not everyone is expected to talk then only the person speaking has their camera on. Even in smaller meetings some people do it. It’s not uncommon. One other obvious possibility is she didn’t want them to know she was out of the house having a nice walk during a meeting.
I have hung washing out, fed the cats etc while logged in to a team call!

Just because they weren't in the river at 8am, doesn't mean they've not been working since then... I don't think they'd ever just rock up and blindly set off into the river... there'd be a lot of planning involved first.
I agree @lalalemon
We should respect any professional doing their job to try and locate NB and not be critical. Unless of course someone on here wants to get into some diving equipment themselves and swim under those murky waters?

I expect there would have been extensive briefings beforehand - ie areas covered and how - plus a plan of action for the various teams working together.
What's with this being reasonable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member