SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's this? To frame Alex, they had to be on the property. This goes to motive. They want to watch Alex suffer through all this. They had opportunity, dark, rainy night, open gate, plenty of pines to hide behind. Means? That's trickier. They had to count on Paul setting his gun down at some point. It is possible the other gun they knew was in the white pickup. This could explain how the truck got off the property--they could have stolen it and abandoned it to get themselves farther away from the crime scene quickly. I know that's a stretch. They had plenty of time to get rid of the guns, whereas Alex did not have much time at all because he had to establish his alibi at his mom's house and keep making calls to his wife, change clothes, wash himself, etc.
Who's motive are you suggesting this goes to? A frame to watch him suffer? IMO if this was a frame, as you suggest, it wasn't a very good frame. There were much better ways to cause the man misery that didn't involve murder. If someone was looking to frame him they should have set him up with a federal drug bust with the Oxy that by his own admission he was addicted to. And again, why that particular night? 6-7-21 was, IMO, not a coincidental date.
jmo

Harpo said the tarp was found downstairs over a chair. The raincoat was upstairs. Mushelle said AM and what he was carrying went right away upstairs. That would be the raincoat. That tested very positive for GSR on it's inside, not the tarp found downstairs. It appears the tarp was not tested at all. That's how I understand what was said.
Thank you. It seems there's a difference between where witnesses saw the items and where SLED found them during the execution of the search warrant.

Agent Moore testifies that SLED tested the raincoat several times for blood and found none.

Griffin is now asking about the size of the blue rainjacket. Wonder if we're moving toward a "the rainjacket doesn't fit” moment.

It is taking Moore several minutes to unravel the packaging of this raincoat. This trial has featured about an entire day's worth of bag crinkling into the microphone.

Forgot to mention, but Griffin earlier established with Moore that SLED did not test the blue tarp at all. Just the rainjacket.

After all that, the jacket doesn't have a tag indicating its size.
^^rsbm

What about the 2 different guns? Did one jam and had to grab another? Was there more than one shooter? It seems a stretch to me that there would be more than one, though a few people are looking at the living brother as a possibility, which I seriously doubt. AM is not one to sacrifice himself for anyone else, and his actions and words S
eem to indict him IMPOV.
The shotgun he went to grab from the house and came back down had wrong ammo in it, jammed which is hard to believe since he owns an arsenal and runs a hunt club. I own my share of weapons being a hunter and part time gunsmith and know what each weapon will except as far as ammo. Thinking he purposely loaded wrong ammo so when the investigators checked that weapon they would notice as well, oh this one couldn't be fired.

I am not a lawyer but the prosecution team today was a mess...from not letting witnesses finish, to jumping from topic to topic, to mishandling of evidence...it was confusing and convoluted...a terrible display of lawyering.

It doesn't sit right with me, all this touching of evidence without gloves, discarding evidence (grassy material) into the court wastebasket. I can't help but to think fast forward. To appeal. To new and better testing. DNA, GSR, even identification of individual blades of grass to a particular field....

Maybe it doesn't matter. But it seems like it should.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member