GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #26

The movie was crap IMO. They seemed to paint her as an over-whelmed mom trying to be perfect b/c her husband was kind of bossy and that’s why she did it. Not b/c she was a lying liar. They didn’t even get her hair right. They didn’t do a good job recreating anything we’ve seen on video—police questioning at the station or her home.
Glad to know. I won’t watch then.

She will serve 85% I think. So that would be, what, 2/8/24?

Glad to have your input here!

IIRC, you practice family law.

In your opinion, with the information available in the media, is SP likely to have unsupervised visits with the children she shares with Keith after her release?

She took off once & self-harmed....

Glad to have your input here!

IIRC, you practice family law.

In your opinion, with the information available in the media, is SP likely to have unsupervised visits with the children she shares with Keith after her release?

She took off once & self-harmed....
Frankly, I don’t know that she has supervised visits before she went in!

In my experience, it’s easy for moms to get unsupervised visits despite having mental health issues, drug issues, etc.- unless there’s proof of some sort of physical harm to the kids.

But I don’t think that woman should have unsupervised visits until they’re much older and able to withstand her lies and manipulation. They’re going to need good therapists in order to navigate having a mother as sick as she is.

Does anyone know the outcome of the orders her husband requested?

Frankly, I don’t know that she has supervised visits before she went in!

In my experience, it’s easy for moms to get unsupervised visits despite having mental health issues, drug issues, etc.- unless there’s proof of some sort of physical harm to the kids.

But I don’t think that woman should have unsupervised visits until they’re much older and able to withstand her lies and manipulation. They’re going to need good therapists in order to navigate having a mother as sick as she is.

Does anyone know the outcome of the orders her husband requested?
If I recall correctly, she rejected the terms the husband requested for visitation and opted not to see her children.

Per my notes re divorce-
5/9/22 Update: The hearing was set only to review custody issues after Papini missed her supervised visitation since she was released from jail. Believe the divorce proceedings will be on hold until Papini is sentenced & her status known to the court.

And she got sentenced on 9/19/22 - but have not seen anything since then about their divorce proceedings finalized.

edited to add - Shasta County #199572 - if anyone can look it up...

Can not access the link you posted. So a trial or like a hearing for the divorce, right? TIA!
It's a Trial. Since the initial filing in your notes, there have been several hearings and requests for modification. Seems a Trial was inevitable.

22FL-0199572 | PAPINI vs. PAPINI
  • 01/30/2023 *Trial Readiness Conference
    Original Type
    *Trial Readiness Conference
    Judicial Officer
    Ryan, Summer D
    Hearing Time
    8:29 AM
    Result
    Held
    Parties Present
    Petitioner (Plaintiff)
    Attorney: SWARTZ AND JONES
    Respondent (Defendant)
    Attorney: KINNEY & KINNEY
  • 02/02/2023 Documents Received
  • 02/16/2023 *Trial: Court
    Judicial Officer
    Ryan, Summer D
    Hearing Time
    1:30 PM

If I recall correctly, she rejected the terms the husband requested for visitation and opted not to see her children.
Seriously! Oh I need to see that. That would make perfect sense considering her personality.
I looked it up, it's case 22FL-0199572. Can't see any records, but it shows there's been activity ever since last April, and there's a trial scheduled for 02/16/2023.

Yes. We can see the document titles but it doesn’t seem easy to get copies of documents. I think you have to go in person.

I am going to go ahead & post this....

Thursday, February 16th:
*Divorce Trial (@ 1:30pm PT) - CA - Sherri Louise Papini (39) vs. Keith Papini. Shasta County #199572
4/20/22 Update: Keith Papini filed divorce papers on Wednesday, with a hearing set for 5/9/22 to discuss custody issues. The Papinis have two children, ages 9 & 7 & Keith Papini is requesting sole legal & sole custody of them. He wrote that his wife is staying with a relative in Chico & has not seen the children since April 4. He said she had missed one scheduled visitation." Papini, in his filing, said that his wife was "not acting in a rational manner." According to the divorce petition, the Papinis have been married since October 2009 & separated on March 3, 2022, the same day she was arrested on federal charges. Keith is also asking to be relieved of responsibility for Papini's debts which include two unsecured loans from her mother-in-law Kathleen, 56, and 'any obligations arising from her criminal behavior'.
5/9/22 Update: The hearing was set only to review custody issues after Papini missed her supervised visitation since she was released from jail. Believe the divorce proceedings will be on hold until Papini is sentenced & her status known to the court.
9/19/22 Update: Judge William Shubb ordered Sherri Papini to serve three years of supervised probation when gets out & pay $309K in restitution, which the judge said will likely never be paid.
11/8/22 Update: Sherri Papini is now held at a medium security federal prison in Victorville, in San Bernardino County. Original Release date would have been 5/8/24. Federal inmates get credit for good behavior which shaves off about 15% of the sentence. Release date is 2/11/24.
1/30/23 Update: Trial readiness conference hearing was held before Judge Summer D. Ryan. Parties present: Petitioner (Plaintiff) with attorney Swartz & Jones & respondent (defendant) with attorney Kinney & Kinney. 2/2/23: Documents received. Trial set on 2/16/23 @ 1:30pm before Judge Summer D. Ryan.

The trial was held but can't see result.

02/16/2023 *Trial: Court

Original Type *Trial: Court

Judicial Officer Ryan, Summer D

Hearing Time 1:30 PM

Result Held

Parties Present
Petitioner (Plaintiff): PAPINI, KEITH

Respondent (Defendant): PAPINI, SHERRI

02/16/2023 Stip/Notice/Order Re Exhibit(s)

The trial was held but can't see result.

02/16/2023 *Trial: Court

Original Type *Trial: Court

Judicial Officer Ryan, Summer D

Hearing Time 1:30 PM

Result Held

Parties Present
Petitioner (Plaintiff): PAPINI, KEITH

Respondent (Defendant): PAPINI, SHERRI

02/16/2023 Stip/Notice/Order Re Exhibit(s)

Thanks!

Found no recent articles. I shall look later in the day.

@Niner -- since the 2/16/23 hearing in family court where the Stipulation Notice was referenced and all parties were present, Judge R. Summer entered an Order on 3/10/23, and a short cause on the docket:

04/12/2023 *Trial: Short Cause
Judicial Officer
Ryan, Summer D
Hearing Time
8:30 AM

Wednesday, April 12th:
*Trial: Short Cause Hearing (Divorce) (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - Sherri Louise Papini (39) vs. Keith Papini. Shasta County
Case info from 4/20/22 thru 11/18/22 reference post #456 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...on-nov-2016-arrest-mar-2022-26.620371/page-23

1/30/23 Update: Trial readiness conference hearing was held before Judge Summer D. Ryan. Parties present: Petitioner (Plaintiff) with attorney Swartz & Jones & respondent (defendant) with attorney Kinney & Kinney. 2/2/23: Documents received. Trial set on 2/16/23 @ 1:30pm before Judge D. Ryan Summer.
2/16/23 Update: Trial held. Judge D. Ryan Summer, presiding. Parties present: Petitioner (Plaintiff): Keith Papini, attorney Swartz & Jones. Respondent (Defendant): Sherri Papini & attorney Kinney & Kinney. Stipulation/Notice Order re exhibit(s).
3/10/23 Update: Trial: Short Cause hearing on 4/12/23 @ 8:30am.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back