Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: the phone I have a jacket where the angle of the pockets mean my phone falls out at every single opportunity. I know most likely NB had her phone on loudspeaker so unlikely to be in her pocket. Just highlighting the literal many reasons the phone could be on the floor vs bench, not all nefarious.

IMO there are too many variables/scenarios around the phone for it to count for evidence as foul play in the absence of anything else.
This is true, there are so many reasons why. If it was me though and I was on an active call I would never put the phone in my pocket in case it ended the call accidentally, or unmuted or enabled the video whilst in my pocket. But maybe others would. I would either carry it or have it down on a surface next to me.

I guess we may never actually know this, even if she is found.

Suppose if you did find a phone, you'd put it on a bench near a gate that takes you away from the area, thinking the owner would come back looking for it.
IMO the phone could have been found anywhere on the trail of NB's walk with someone picking the phone up and continuing their walk to see if they come across the owner of the phone. They end up not seeing anyone so placing it on the bench before leaving the area would make sense. I found a camera on a dog walk once which I kept with me to see if I could see anyone nearby and I ended up finding the person, if not I may have placed it down somewhere noticeable. Again JMO and a possible scenario.

Fair enough but it doesn't help when the official statement is so confusing:

"the last confirmed sighting and at 9:20, when Nicola's phone was found on the bench... sorry, not found on the bench, Nicola's phone was on the bench believed to be on the bench found at around 9:33"

MOO
The latest police update gives an updated timeline of events, I think this is the only information we can go on currently. IMO

Lancashire Constabulary - Missing Nicola Bulley - latest update

Yes, that's true. But depends on what was going on. If there was a struggle, did they want to stop to pick up a phone to throw it, and risk her getting loose, or just get out of there quickly without being seen.
More likely if that was the case that the attacker would subdue her and tell her to place the phone one the bench then lead her away.

I had no idea anyone could determine the location of a mobile phone exactly. I thought it was far less specific in terms of location. I’m highly impressed. That must make a phenomenal difference to missing person cases. If someone has a phone on them, they’ll be found. I’m thinking this may be the same tracking information that I use to enable my location to be tracked. I believe people have to specifically enable tracking.

Even so, I had no idea it could place the phone to the inch. When I’ve lost my phone and checked it’s location, it simply states it’s just somewhere in the house. I lose my phone all the time, so need this amazing technology myself!

Depending on location settings in the phone, the data can be extracted from the phone. And in an open field, the GPS will more accurate than in a house because it can lock onto more satellites.

The theories about it being staged or there being an attacker, while both possible, I just find that it must have had to have been the most perfectly planned operation or the most incredible luck in the world to have not been seen by anyone, left any evidence, avoided cctv etc. It just seems so unlikely. Which is why my mind goes to the accident. But I keep going around in circles.

You can’t take newspaper articles as gospel, especially in the beginning of a case as they often get facts mistaken.

The Chief Superintendent said the phone was found ON the bench, and had it really been found on the ground this would have gone a whole different route immediately.
She does not say it was found on the bench. In fact she corrects herself when she does say it. I’ve shared a video above of this.

IMO the phone could have been found anywhere on the trail of NB's walk with someone picking the phone up and continuing their walk to see if they come across the owner of the phone. They end up not seeing anyone so placing it on the bench before leaving the area would make sense. I found a camera on a dog walk once which I kept with me to see if I could see anyone nearby and I ended up finding the person, if not I may have placed it down somewhere noticeable. Again JMO and a possible scenario.
Again good point but why was the dog near the phone , they would have to have found the dog and the phone then left both at the bench.

Gyroscopics - they can tell if a phone has been moved, tilted, picked up, put down etc. it’s not just about GPS / triangulation.

I'm really getting confused now. Do we have any official police statement that says the phone was found on the bench?

I believe I have only seen them say that it was in the area of the bench. And it is other news outlets that have reported the second walker saying it was on the bench.

Who knows? The police might keep these details deliberately vague because it may turn out to be important.

The phone may have been "found" on more than one occasion by different witnesses, and the initial movements of it might only be known by a possible perp so the police would not make that public.

I don't think it's in the best interests of the police to clarify the exact phone movements.

Yes. UNLESS, someone placed all of the items on or around the area of the bench. We have similar where I walk my dog - sort of like a lost and found area. However, a phone that is actively on a call is unlikely to be left on a bench (unless found and left by someone who is not au fait with the workings of mobiles - which narrows it down quite a bit, if you get my drift).

If the phone was found on the floor/ground the 'two feet' quote makes it unlikely that the phone fell off the bench due to vibration (e.g. incomming calls), so it may have been dropped. The only scenario I can think of that places N at that bench is if she threw the phone in the air as she fell, but it seems strange that it was found close to the lead and harness.

I too am baffled.

Agreed

One of the issues with making hypothesis is sometimes unusual things happen - and if we don't have all the info we can make the wrong inferences.

The Superintendent said the phone was found on the beach at 09:20 “Through telephony enquiries that we've done, relative to the phone itself, rather than through a witness.”

So, it was found on the bench at 09:20
The language around this has changed since the presser. The latest update from Lancashire Police:

9.20am Her phone was back in the area of the bench

9.33am (approximately): Nicola’s mobile phone and Willow were found at a bench by the river by another dog-walker.

There is no on the bench.

Is it possible that LE wanted to keep the information of the phone being on the ground quiet for operational purposes and a friend let this information out by accident? Or it could be just Chinese whispers! JMOO (BBM)

Lancashire Constabulary - Missing Nicola Bulley - latest update

could they do DNA on phone to see if anyone else other than Nicola handled it that morning, would not be definitive either way though I guess .....cant believe there is still no trace :(

what are the chances of a person floating 13 miles all the way out to sea? surely would have snagged and stayed at the turns or at least items of clothing and what not. Too sad to contemplate no recovery
You would like to think the tested the phone and harness for DNA but has the police believd she fell in the water from day 1 it wouldnt surprise me if they didnt

This is incredibly unlikely. She was in a Teams meeting and would have almost certainly been at least half-listening.

This is incredibly unlikely. She was in a Teams meeting and would have almost certainly been at least half-listening.
I don't get what you're referring to. I know she was in a teams meeting but the facts are Nicola and her phone was separated as her phone has been found and she hasn't. I'm saying that just because it was on the bench, doesn't mean she left it there. It possibly could have been found elsewhere on the trail. Meaning she could of fell into the river at a different point or the other alternative of third-party involvement. Just the issue of Willow...

From what I can make out the page was not authorised by the family and was closed and people refunded as a result. Just a well meaning friend, trying to help.
I'm sure that is exactly the case..I just keep thinking that with absolutely no trace of her falling in, the dog being dry, the oddly left phone and lead. It all looks like an attempt to cover something up.
But that's probably just my conspiracy theory mind!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim