Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or with the consent of the owners, which, frankly, I’d very much hope was given immediately.

But the value of this idea is more imagined than real.

I agree searchers look in obvious places that could be illicitly or easily accessed

So in a back yard, outbuilding, shed etc where someone could have thrown evidence away or hidden something - but there is no purpose to searching occupied residences.

Indeed as we saw in the croucher case, the killer had hidden the victim in an unoccupied house to which he had access - but no basic search would have revealed anything, even if it had been possible.

Apologies if already mentioned previously, trying to catch up. The police are launching more appeals for dashcam and door video. My question is - after 11 days, won't the images have been overwritten by now? I understand that the typical dashcam will over-write any files which aren't saved already with new imagery. How many days does a dashcam hold images before they are lost (assuming typical vehicle usage and depends on memory card size)

Though the debate about whether the phone was on the bench or on the ground has gone on some time. A phone on the ground has more likely been dropped, a phone on a bench may just have been put there by someone sat on it. Though someone else could have put it on the bench. Who knows.

Fitbit wearers - are you usually always wearing them or like me an Apple Watch wearer a bit less frequent. If so do you keep a regular synching? Just wondered why it was last updated three days before going missing and if this is perfectly reasonable as a wearer?

The Superintendent said the phone was found on the beach at 09:20 “Through telephony enquiries that we've done, relative to the phone itself, rather than through a witness.”

So, it was found on the bench at 09:20
No, it was known to be in the area of the bench at 9:20 not physically seen on the bench. This has been gone over multiple times

Fitbit wearers - are you usually always wearing them or like me an Apple Watch wearer a bit less frequent. If so do you keep a regular synching? Just wondered why it was last updated three days before going missing and if this is perfectly reasonable as a wearer?
I wear my Fitbit 24/7 and manually sync mine several times a day. Even if I haven’t moved very far! I think it depends on the user. IMO.

Exactly. Many people let the police search their homes in the search for Libby Squire. No warrants sought or required, they wanted to help.

OK but in this case, how do you imagine it adds any value?

If people live in the house - clearly NB will not be in it.

Unless the point is to eliminate all the houses in the local village except the ones who don't let police in?

Compare this with the probability of being abducted while walking a dog, and the phone connected to a Teams call being left behind, and the dog not following the abductor. Which has a higher chance?
I'd say it was fairly easy to distract a dog for 2 minutes with a bone or a ball. And take a woman at gun or knife point on a teams call with no camera or mic on

But the value of this idea is more imagined than real.

I agree searchers look in obvious places that could be illicitly or easily accessed

So in a back yard, outbuilding, shed etc where someone could have thrown evidence away or hidden something - but there is no purpose to searching occupied residences.

Indeed as we saw in the croucher case, the killer had hidden the victim in an unoccupied house to which he had access - but no basic search would have revealed anything, even if it had been possible.

In the Libby Squire search many occupied houses were thoroughly searched. We have a family friend who lives near the park and the police did look in their loft. Those lodges at the caravan park require a thorough search IMO, just to rule them out. Even underneath, or in a septic tank (if they have them), could be a hiding place.

The opening of this interview is bonkers.

Why is he talking to the husband about stalkers?
Unfortunately I wonder if he's looking for nuggets he can later give to the media - 'potential stalker' gets a new headline
Also gob-smacking that after many days of criticising the police he's now claiming that he's supporting them

Three days ago he said:' "I don't know how the police can say there's no evidence of third-party involvement in this disappearance when they haven't actually checked."
and
' said officers were too quick to decide there were no suspicious circumstances and described their investigation as 'a mess'

Stay in your lane Mr Faulding, you're not LE or trained as an investigator

John Darwin lived next door for years and no one checked there.

Of course I know it's very different, but crazy things do happen.
I get that, but he didn't move in there whilst there were sniffer dogs searching for him 20ft away!

Hi all, This is my first time posting and I'm totally in awe of everyone's sleuthing skills! I've been trying to keep up with the fast moving threads and don't think this has been covered previously...apologies if it has!

JMO MOO....What if NB was sitting on the bench at around 9.20am, listening to her Teams call with her phone on the bench and air pods in. Willow off lead still from the walk around lower/upper fields, investigating everything and potentially being momentarily out of view.

Suddenly NB glances up and sees someone who appears to be approaching Willow with threatening intent (I'm thinking about the 'dogs on leads' sign and somebody who was angered by seeing an offlead pooch). NB jumps up, leaving her phone on the bench, grabs the harness (and lead?) and rushes towards the riverbank to go to Willow's defence.

She approaches her dog and the person, and stands between them to protect Willow from whatever this person might be threatening. Willow is understandably confused and agitated by what is happening and perhaps cross words are exchanged between the person and NB.

NB attempts to hurriedly attach Willow's harness but in doing so accidentally steps backwards, loses her balance and goes cleanly into the river. The other person is shocked and stunned - they have unintentionally caused this - but does nothing as they believe NB will climb back out fairly easily. In the meantime they depart the scene....all MOO.

Do we know what type of lead Willow had that day? A retractable or just a normal one? Also, did she have a collar which remained on, so a lead (to attach her to the bench) could easily be attached to this without need to put her harness back on?

Like everyone else I'm so invested in this terrible puzzle and just hope that for the sake of NB's family and friends, she will soon be found.

Edited to remove a reference that might not be allowed.

Last edited:
I still have concerns over the witness that saw her at 9.10 and if the cctv was working it may have corroborated (or not) that witness. IMO.
I think the superintendent said the phone data supported NB being in the area the witnesses said she was at 9:10?
Or the timing was corroborated by phone data. So the phone at least seems to have been at the upper field at 9:10 and then at the bench area at 9:20. We have no idea if there was any NB specific activity etc on the phone between 9:10-9:20 but the police presumably would.
If anything happened up by the top field where NB last seen, the phone and dog have been brought to the bench area somehow by someone.

Compare this with the probability of being abducted while walking a dog, and the phone connected to a Teams call being left behind, and the dog not following the abductor. Which has a higher chance?
Why would a dog follow someone?

Perhaps. But without the phone and harness, who would have noticed? When would they have noticed? Where would they have pinpointed a place to start searching?
Precisely, without the phone and harness, the police wouldn’t have a starting point.

That’s why I feel, and have always felt, these items are decoys. I can’t think of a plausible situation where NB would’ve put these items down, then gone off to do something which caused her to have a tragic accident.

IMO someone has tried to fabricate the scene - which means the body could be anywhere.

My gut feeling is that she’s been snuck out the back

OK but in this case, how do you imagine it adds any value?

If people live in the house - clearly NB will not be in it.

Unless the point is to eliminate all the houses in the local village except the ones who don't let police in?

There are many cases where bodies have been hidden in houses where people are living. In the Rachel Moran case, she was snatched off a street by a stranger and found stuffed in a refuse cupboard at his house *four weeks* later. And, yes, he was living there the whole time.

I thought you meant she'd dropped it and carried on walking unawares. What you said is possible, but to me makes no sense. The phone, dog, and harness were in the same location.
The harness could possibly have been left by Nicola at the bench when she first entered the field. No point carrying it around when she knows she’ll be passing back half an hour later IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500