Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to police timeline

8:47am (approximately): A dog-walker – somebody who knows Nicola – saw her walking around the lower field with her dog. Their two dogs interacted briefly before the witness left the field via the river path

Do we know if this witness saw anybody walking back up the river path towards Garstang/Blackpool Ln?

9.10am (approximately): A witness – somebody who knows Nicola – saw her on the upper field walking her dog, Willow. Work is ongoing today to establish exactly what time this was.

Where abouts on the map was this witness and Which direction was this witness walking?

Where abouts on the map was NB when the witness could see her and which direction was she walking?
All we know is contained in the timeline alas.

Further info would be crucial imo, especially the 9:10 (or is it now 9:20) witness.

I have found the Google camera work by John Boase of Wyre Web Design useful for the river landscape at the top fields. Also, these videos of a Land Rover fording the Wyre at Garstang
Could a vehicle have been in the river near the top field, bundled Nicola in and gone out via a lane that was not covered by CCTV. Does anyone know the precise location of this bridge in the You Tube vid?

Just checking I haven’t missed anything -
If the river turns up empty and alt theories need to be looked at…

Is there anything to say the following couldn’t have happened:

- Nicola pops her phone (on an irrelevant work call) and harness on bench, and heads into main open bit field to run Willow around, eg with a ball or just to run her (I believe a witness saw her up the top of the field, so maybe part of her routine)
- Nicola is grabbed by someone - or lured by someone she knows - towards the caravan park exit which is not covered by CCTV.
- Nicola is loaded into a car here. Or into one of the caravans where she could still be.
- Willow runs back to the bench where her owner’s belongings are

Seems like an abduction could be really straightforward? Just my opinion.

I have found the Google camera work by John Boase of Wyre Web Design useful for the river landscape at the top fields. Also, these videos of a Land Rover fording the Wyre at Garstang
Could a vehicle have been in the river near the top field, bundled Nicola in and gone out via a lane that was not covered by CCTV. Does anyone know the precise location of this bridge in the You Tube vid?
I think that's "Wyre Lane" off Lancaster Road, Garstang.

But you can kind of turn this question on its head though. If she didn't drown and was taken by an abductor, what kind of abductor targets a woman who's
  • nowhere near a vehicle or building she can be hidden in,
  • on the phone to someone, so possibly raises the alarm or is missed instantly, and
  • has a potentially aggressive and / or loud dog with her?
It's kind of Occam's Razor isn't it? Which is likelier - the above, or that the search has been c0cked up?
An ‘abductor’ is rarely a professional abductor who fits a mould r works to a certain skill set. Normally any person who has a massive grievance or hated or passion for another person that is driving him to act in this manner. Do in this case an abductor would probably be someone intensely attracted to her / outraged by something/ jealous / driven to extreme behaviour … maybe because they’ve stopped thinking rationally. So my natural inclination thinks that it is a relative newcomer into her life who has become a little obsessed. She is extremely attractive I think and sadly would draw admirers

Could Willow have run off and NB (with phone, I believe) went to find her? Did she meet someone whilst trying to find Willow? Although unless premeditated there would be fingerprints on the phone if planted on the bench?

You couldn't distract a dog with a bone while quietly walking away with someone holding a weapon to them? Hardly absurd is it?
Yes, it is. It's about the abductor's behaviour. What sort of abductor assumes this would work? What if it's the wrong sort of bone? I've had dogs that crunched through chicken bones in seconds like they were crisps, but that ignored pork bones because they made them ill. I would assume the dog would either ignore the bone, or pick it up and follow its owner. I wouldn't assume that it would flop down on the spot, attack the bone and ignore the rest of the world. What's the abductor's fallback plan?

If I were planning to abduct someone with a dog I'd arrive with a baseball bat or a tyre iron, not a bone. That's a much surer way of silencing the dog.

Lancashire Police have provided an update on CCTV. They've been able to rule out NB leaving the field "during the key times via Rowanwater, either through the site itself or via the piece of land at the side… along Allotment Lane or via the path at the rear of the Grapes pub on to Garstang Road". I'm not always a fan of the police but I have to say, I've been impressed by their methodical approach. The evidence they continue to gather seems to add credence to their working hypothesis.

They now intimate that the only abduction possibility is along the footpath back to Garstang Rd (the one she used to access the field), for which they're continuing to gather and analyse dashcam footage. They also say they've searched the abandoned house across the water, and empty caravans in the caravan park.

Do we know where this is?

Doesn't look anything like anywhere near to St Michael's.

I think the repetitiveness of a lot of these posts are due to the different reports of the details, and some changing from the police themselves. There just seems to be some confusion out there, and as we have pretty much zero evidence of anything having gone on, we're picking holes in the details we have. We're all at a loss and just trying to talk things about.

Yes, it is. It's about the abductor's behaviour. What sort of abductor assumes this would work? What if it's the wrong sort of bone? I've had dogs that crunched through chicken bones in seconds like they were crisps, but that ignored pork bones because they made them ill. I would assume the dog would either ignore the bone, or pick it up and follow its owner. I wouldn't assume that it would flop down on the spot, attack the bone and ignore the rest of the world. What's the abductor's fallback plan?

If I were planning to abduct someone with a dog I'd arrive with a baseball bat or a tyre iron, not a bone. That's a much surer way of silencing the dog.
I used the bone as a example. Anything a dog would run to and chew on. The dog was a spaniel it wasnt a violent pitbull dont think a baseball bat would of been that necessary

Just checking I haven’t missed anything -
If the river turns up empty and alt theories need to be looked at…

Is there anything to say the following couldn’t have happened:

- Nicola pops her phone (on an irrelevant work call) and harness on bench, and heads into main open bit field to run Willow around, eg with a ball or just to run her (I believe a witness saw her up the top of the field, so maybe part of her routine)
- Nicola is grabbed by someone - or lured by someone she knows - towards the caravan park exit which is not covered by CCTV.
- Nicola is loaded into a car here. Or into one of the caravans where she could still be.
- Willow runs back to the bench where her owner’s belongings are

Seems like an abduction could be really straightforward? Just my opinion.
Grey that’s exactly the sort of thing I’m thinking. Pretty simple but entirely plausible

Exactly, a middle age woman being kidnapped by a stranger is extremely rare.
Yes, rare, but unfortunately there will always be men attracted to nice-looking women. She was very attractive and still young, in her forties. If a man wants to assault a woman he'll have to drag her somewhere first. I do of course hope this is not what happened.
Edited to clarify that I'm not referring to classic kidnap stuff where somebody is taken for ransom money. I'm talking about somebody grabbing a woman and taking her off elsewhere for whatever reason, usually sinister.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member