Found Deceased WY - Gabby Petito, Grand Teton National Park #86

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see cuts just below her eyebrow.

Blood probably smeared when she wiped her tears.

:(

JMO

That's what it looks like to me. Remember how witnesses saw her lunge through the partly open window of her own van, as Brian tried to drive it away? Looks like he might have fought her off.

The pair seemed to have the notion that this battle was mutual, that they were both out of line, but Gabby probably felt more responsible than Brian, as abused women often do. It's so embarrassing to admit your "forever guy" is actually violent and cannot control impulses. Long trips/van life are very hard on any relationship.

By the time the police are with them near Moab, it looks like Gabby had wiped the blood off (or did this happen after? I wish we knew).

The officers clearly state in this video that "she has marks on her too." I don't think it was that the Moab LE completely ignored her injuries, but by both their admissions, it was a mutually combative situation. Unfortunately, that stop doesn't give the whole picture of their relationship nor the ultimate outcome in the works. :(
Uh huh. I was answering a post wondering if he wore rings (that might have cut her face).

Uh huh. I was answering a post wondering if he wore rings (that might have cut her face).
It's weird to me because I can't see any marks on her face in that video. Is it just the quality of the video? Because supposedly the injuries and selfie occurred before the stop. I wonder where she took the photo, though, because she got into the car and they drove off, where LE shortly after pulled them over, didn't they? Did she take the photo right in the vehicle with B driving, I wonder?

At about 3.40 min on the video she is turning her head to the side, and one can see the left cheek as well as the left eye area pretty well. There are no red marks around her eye at that time.

The shirt on the photo has a different fabric (ribbed) vs. the one she is wearing at the time of the traffic spot (smooth and shiny). Also, the jewelry does not match - the photo shows a necklace with a black string. At the time of the traffic spot I do not see such necklace.

It's weird to me because I can't see any marks on her face in that video. Is it just the quality of the video? Because supposedly the injuries and selfie occurred before the stop. I wonder where she took the photo, though, because she got into the car and they drove off, where LE shortly after pulled them over, didn't they? Did she take the photo right in the vehicle with B driving, I wonder?
I seemed weird to me as well, because the time stamp was moments before according to

So it could have been the lighting and the camera quality. I am unsure about digital footsteps, like if it had happened earlier and she edited it like cropping or lighting would it give a new time stamp? She had an iphone. The clearer body cam footage you can see the scratch on her cheek. Could she have had a little time to cover up the eye area?

Also makes me wonder if she was planning on leaving him or telling someone. Why take photos if you were not planning on using it as proof?

Moo...i am pretty sure that is ezcema on her forehead. Her eye is not blood shot..there is no swelling or bruising . .there is no black eye on the way. There are 2 tiny cut under eye brow, could be from her own nails or his. I agree they had an emotionally volatile relationship. They also had a mutual combat slap relationship. She was not a battered woman, she was not beaten to death.
It is sad enough that she died there is no need to dramatize her life....moo
I agree, there is no need to dramatize Gabby's life because the facts are horrible enough on their own.

First, the definition of a battered person is not dependent upon how they died. The definition applies to how the victim lived. Battery is a pattern of behavior for an abuser and most likely happens more than once.

Strangulation is certainly a form of battery. In my state, it is specifically "aggravated domestic battery".

Witnesses saw Brian hit Gabby. It was recorded by the police that Gabby said Brian hit her face and she was in pain.

I see a raised bump on her forehead, and slightly raised scratches on her cheek.
Swelling and bruising are obviously not visible immediately after an event, that is why victims are encouraged to continue taking photographic evidence as they heal from their wounds.

I agree, it's possible that all the red marks on Gabby's face could be abrasions (scrapes) caused by Brian. Even abrasions can bleed a little. Abrasions on the face and head bleed a little more.

Also, ask any actor how long they have to sit in a makeup chair to obtain the look of real injuries... this is not makeup. And I think it is insulting to insinuate that the victim is FAKING her injuries.

I think the real drama is in the police department who promotes an officer that used his municipal tools to stalk, harass, intimidate and threaten his civilian ex-girlfriend (Pratt pulled her over using a police siren attached to his personal truck).

Moo...i am pretty sure that is ezcema on her forehead. Her eye is not blood shot..there is no swelling or bruising . .there is no black eye on the way. There are 2 tiny cut under eye brow, could be from her own nails or his. I agree they had an emotionally volatile relationship. They also had a mutual combat slap relationship. <modsnip>.
It is sad enough that she died there is no need to dramatize her life....moo
LOL IMO it is a huge goose egg. There is indeed swelling and bruises take a bit to show up. Also, only one was murdered by the other. Defending yourself is not 'a mutually combative' relationship. IMO

Also makes me wonder if she was planning on leaving him or telling someone. Why take photos if you were not planning on using it as proof?
RSBM

EXACTLY. This is the first time I think we have documentation that Gabby was planning to exit the relationship.
This is when most abusers kill their victims, when they try to leave.

I agree. My first thought was the lower mark next to her mouth looked like a scratch. The thing is, I don't see a scratch on her in the Moab body cam so it appears he smacked her afterward. Probably wasn't laughing or joking like he did with the officers beforehand. <self-censors myself or this site will do it for me>

Poor dear girl. :(

View attachment 400965

I captured at 49:35 in:
Not in those photos but she has always clearly had scratches in that video. IMO

I seemed weird to me as well, because the time stamp was moments before according to

So it could have been the lighting and the camera quality. I am unsure about digital footsteps, like if it had happened earlier and she edited it like cropping or lighting would it give a new time stamp? She had an iphone. The clearer body cam footage you can see the scratch on her cheek. Could she have had a little time to cover up the eye area?

I agree. It was as if she was documenting her injury.

Here is a screen grab from the stop. I can see the scratches, maybe, but definitely not the red streaking around her eye or the red on her forehead.

Screenshot 2023-02-07 1.59.30 PM.png

Every time I see a picture or footage of Gabby with the police, I just want to pull her out of there. That idiot police officer who acted like he was Brian’s buddy, spent all the time disclosing private medical information about his wife, when it was obvious to anyone with eyes, how vulnerable Gabby was.

At about 3.40 min on the video she is turning her head to the side, and one can see the left cheek as well as the left eye area pretty well. There are no red marks around her eye at that time.

The shirt on the photo has a different fabric (ribbed) vs. the one she is wearing at the time of the traffic spot (smooth and shiny). Also, the jewelry does not match - the photo shows a necklace with a black string. At the time of the traffic spot I do not see such necklace.
It's clearly the same outfit lol. Not sure why ppl are all of a sudden not believing Gabby was an abused woman who was eventually murdered by her abuser. Because this is a fact. You can see her scratches clearly here at 1:02.00

Last edited:
Every time I see a picture or footage of Gabby with the police, I just want to pull her out of there. That idiot police officer who acted like he was Brian’s buddy, spent all the time disclosing private medical information about his wife, when it was obvious to anyone with eyes, how vulnerable Gabby was.
IMO, he mansplained to Gabby the entire time, and was buddy/buddy with BL, bonding of how 'crazy' women are. Disgusting. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519