Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
"TalkTV" eh? It's been a while since I've watched TV, especially news channels, due to the poor standards displayed, can't say I'm sad I've missed this one - it looks like a live version of the Sun & Daily Fail all wrapped into one (bitter) pill.

That said, this "contacting 700 vehicle owners in the hope they have dashcams" is intriguing. Police aren't ruling anything out and nor should

Looking at this how would she of wales from last sighting to the bench in ten minutes and also fall and injur herself falling in the river? Why would she place her phone on the bench its clear that even if she had of made it to that bench there wouldn't of been enough time to relax and think lets sit down. It seems more logical thay she headed off towards the broken cctv that is closer to her. So maybe the phone and dog at bench is decoy surely
That's a decent graphic. So the broken CCTV seems a good bit away from the park bench. Would the camera even see that far? Think it's debatable.

I just heard about this last night and it's heartbreaking. I've read this thread and I'm going through the media thread. At first, I thought she had fallen into the river too, but now I'm not so sure. NB seemed to take her work seriously. She sent an email to her boss and logged into the meeting. Why would she just leave her phone on the bench during the meeting to walk along the river? That doesn't make sense to me at all.

Yeah I was staggered the entire area wasn't cordoned off, but as the fall and possible drowning was the initial conclusion, they didn't do that. It's a very challenging case, and these people turning up and breaking into properties are completely mad. Must be driving locals mad.

I did think just now though - if she was somehow lured down the path shown on TalkTV (is that Garstang Road somewhere?), by either dishonest or violent means - leaving her dog and her phone would be a good way to indicate she was taken somewhere against her will and suddenly. Perhaps whoever it was had no idea she had a dog or was on a call - this would also help indicate where they approached her - especially if she'd been on speakerphone and not holding the phone at the time.
Garstang Lane towpath at junction of Blackpool Lane

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230206-193522_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20230206-193522_Maps.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 26
New poster here so apologies in advance if this post is in the wrong place. Surely the reason why the police are adamant she went in the river is the data from the Fitbit. I can look at my fitbit app and it will tell me when I took my last step and/or when my heart stopped beating. If these times are different then they know she's sadly passed after taking her last step just before that. For me the issue is was it an accident or was she assaulted, hence why they want dashcam footage. To me the key is in the Fitbit data and that's why they are so confident about her going into the water

New poster here so apologies in advance if this post is in the wrong place. Surely the reason why the police are adamant she went in the river is the data from the Fitbit. I can look at my fitbit app and it will tell me when I took my last step and/or when my heart stopped beating. If these times are different then they know she's sadly passed after taking her last step just before that. For me the issue is was it an accident or was she assaulted, hence why they want dashcam footage. To me the key is in the Fitbit data and that's why they are so confident about her going into the water
Not synced to phone since previous Tuesday

Two aspects to that, the first is the data will be held and accessible to the police. The second is they have the phone so they can sync it
The data isn’t held anywhere but the Fitbit until it’s synched. They have the phone but not the Fitbit. They were investigating whether it was possible to download the data but it’s not stored anywhere but the device until an upload happens.

NB did this same walk almost daily- I do think they have a good idea where she went and stopped- we are all creatures of habit to a degree. They will know looking at her previous recorded walk data her routine, doubling back and sitting etc. I lived in hope for the new search- but dismissing it by throwing a stick in and stating it didn’t move- shows his lack of knowledge sadly- undercurrents are a real thing.
Also I'm fairly sure a stick that happened to be lying around would have a different buoyancy to a human who may no longer have air in their lungs/contained in their clothing ..

Agreed. My dog follows me around the house so I’d like to think if I fell into a river my dog would be right there trying to alert someone. But you are quite right it’s general pack animal behaviour to follow the “leader” which would be its human. Jmo
My dog I feel wouldn’t jump in as she hates water, save paddling. But I guess we just don’t know how they’d react. I feel she’d bark her head off and panic though.

Two aspects to that, the first is the data will be held and accessible to the police. The second is they have the phone so they can sync it

Fitbit has been discussed at great length in previous threads. Fitbit data isn’t stored anywhere but on the wearable device and the app. They can only sync if it’s near the device and we don’t know where NB who was wearing the device to be able to do that.

It would be good to ask the person who tied up the dog on finding it EXACTLY where the dog was, which direction it was facing and if it was perturbed in a way what suggested something specific, like violence, or just anxious from Nicola's sudden disappearance? It's enough to make you want to put dashcams on dogs, to be quite frank. It's just awful, and I can't stop thinking about how desperate her family must be.
He was found running between the gate and bench so the direction goes both ways.

I am aware the police said that all other exits were covered by cctv however now that the daily Mail are reporting police say it’s possible she could have left by foot across the river path which wasn’t covered by cctv.

The exit I am referring to in my line of thinking is situated directly next to the river path but on the other side of the river. My enquiry (assuming it’s possible to cross the river on foot?) was to try and understand if you can get across the river in order to reach this particular exit via the kissing gate (not the turn style). This May account for the first witness (presuming they didn’t see anything) not seeing anybody on the way out again presuming the the exit directly on the other side of the river path was also used as an entry point also? I also wondered if it was even considered as an exit or entry point or whether it was ascertained by the police if you can cross the river. I am sure and would hope they have considered this. I’ve attached an image to show you the one I mean. Looks like you could park a car in there too.
The exit the Daily Mail article is referring to is the Garstang Lane towpath exiting at the A586 at Blackpool Lane.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230206-193522_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20230206-193522_Maps.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 6
It wouldn’t need to have been synced or connected for LE to know when it left the phone’s bluetooth range.
Is this information then available via some sort of log file somewhere then, this would work even though it wasnt synced for a few days and it would provide a date and a time when they were last connected or out of bluetooth range.

The same Telegraph article states the following....
The last person to see Ms Bulley before she went missing said she had seemed “completely normal”. The man, who has spoken to police, saw her as she began her walk at 9.15am

His wife said they would see her on the same stretch of the river most days while they exercised their dogs, telling The Times: “In the field there were about three people, including my husband. He said there was nothing unusual about her and she seemed completely normal.”

A few things jump out about the Telegraph article
1. NB started her walk at 9.15?
2. Who is the Man?
3. Is his wife, who is quoted in the excerpt above, The person who tied up Willow the Dog?
4. Where was the above Woman when she could see 'about three people, including her Husband'?
9:15? Surely you can’t walk two small fields in five minutes and hadn’t she disappeared between 9:10 and 9:20?

I didn't realise the dog was tied up by someone, this strikes me as incredibly odd! I'm sure they're kicking themselves now but to tie a dog up that you don’t know and leave is a strange action IMO.

The cryptic messages about backstories do nothing to minimise speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard