Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get my head round why, if NB walked voluntarily or otherwise out of the bench area, as some are suggesting may have occurred, the dog did not follow given that it was untethered. The gate and fences are not high enough to prevent a dog of that breed jumping over. I'm drawn back to the river and a tragic accident. The young lad drowned in a tributary of the Wyre in the 1970s ended up 7 miles down stream of St Michaels in the tidal area and only surfaced after 2 months. I would imagine starting off at St Michaels that a body could have been already tidal by now if not well beyond. IMO.

Couldn't she swim to safety, and was she swept out to sea? As the hunt for missing Nicola Bulley continues, the 10 questions that remain unanswered

The search for Nicola Bulley has entered its 14th day with her devastated family still no closer to knowing what happened to the missing mother-of-two. Yesterday diving expert Peter Faulding halted his search of the River Wyre near to where Ms Bulley's mobile phone was found and does not believe she fell into the water. Police, meanwhile, believe that is still the most likely scenario but say it remained a 'possibility' that the 45-year-old left the area by one path not covered by CCTV cameras - but added that 'every single' suspicion or criminal suggestion had so far been discounted. Here we look at 10 unanswered questions...

police have suggested the phone left on the seat may be a decoy, if they are saying there is no other person and she is possibly in the water, are they suggesting she may have intended to disappear?
Police haven’t suggested that, that suggestion came from the entrepreneur whose company helped with the search, before he had agreed to help assist the search.

Couldn't she swim to safety, and was she swept out to sea? As the hunt for missing Nicola Bulley continues, the 10 questions that remain unanswered

The search for Nicola Bulley has entered its 14th day with her devastated family still no closer to knowing what happened to the missing mother-of-two. Yesterday diving expert Peter Faulding halted his search of the River Wyre near to where Ms Bulley's mobile phone was found and does not believe she fell into the water. Police, meanwhile, believe that is still the most likely scenario but say it remained a 'possibility' that the 45-year-old left the area by one path not covered by CCTV cameras - but added that 'every single' suspicion or criminal suggestion had so far been discounted. Here we look at 10 unanswered questions...

Was this mentioned before?

The article questions if NB's body passed the weir (Question 5) and states Locals said that whenever sheep fall in, the weir 350 yards away prevents them from drifting downstream.

lots of people saying it doesn’t even look like Nicola in the CCTV but a friend.

New here but long time lurker.

I think I tend towards the view of the police. The simplest answer is usually the correct one. It seems plausible that she headed back to the bench from the upper field and let Willow off the lead. Having had Springers, I know they like to run off and don't always stay close by. She probably sat down to concentrate on the meeting. She might have heard Willow barking in the distance, stood up to look out for the dog as she knows that there are issues with dogs off of leads, then turned her ankle at the top of the bank. Easy to do, she's wearing wellies. Willow comes back and has no idea where she has gone.

It's quite the tumble. It doesn't matter how strong a swimmer she is if she's dazed and has cold water shock, plus is wearing jeans, a coat, and has undercurrents to fight.

The fact that they haven't found her in the river yet is meaningless IMO. It's large, has pockets of weird depth, and has currents. I think the private search company has created a lot of unnecessary confusion. In my line of work, I deal with pushy experts all of the time and they can be wrong sometimes, no matter how clever and self-assured they are. It rings alarm bells for me that a person of this level of experience would have the audacity to say that anything is categorically true or false.

It's a horrible case and my heart goes out to the family.

MOO

Unless the potential abductor lived on the caravan site and stopped it working himself.
I wonder how many permanent residents this caravan site has?

Even if the park was closed, usually owners can visit during the day (to check on it in cold weather, collect something etc). It’s to do with council tax that you can’t live in it the whole year round. Well that and the fact it’s freezing and pipes will burst if it’s not drained down.

A park I had a caravan on would let you on all year round but you weren’t allowed to stay overnight in Dec-Feb.

Presumably LE have checked who had access that day?

I think for the dive team to stop their searches now because they haven’t found anything is kind of ridiculous. After almost two weeks missing, NB could have floated miles downstream. And now for experts to be saying she might not even be in the water at all is crazy. From what I’ve been seeing online, people want to make this case something it’s not, and it’s sad.
MOO

I think for the dive team to stop their searches now because they haven’t found anything is kind of ridiculous. After almost two weeks missing, NB could have floated miles downstream. And now for experts to be saying she might not even be in the water at all is crazy. From what I’ve been seeing online, people want to make this case something it’s not, and it’s sad.
MOO
I tend to agree about the ‘people want to make this case something it’s not’ but with absolutely no evidence to say she went in the river and even the ‘experts’ questioning it, I can see where they are coming from.

Guess time will tell

The police seem very confident she is in the water, or has been in the water, IMO they must have a piece of evidence to back this up, to make such a statement. It does feel like this case is turning into a circus with people turning up taking selfies, TikTok’s etc where has the respect gone, NB is sadly missing but she is still a mummy, partner, sister, and daughter.

I am still not sure about eyewitness testimony. About a year ago my husband and I were in the car and we saw our daughter. I was about to roll down the car window and call her when she disappeared in a queue of people aoutside a shop. I was so sure it was her and was puzzled as she should have been in work over 75 miles away (she lives approx 80 miles away). I wondered why she was near our house and hadn't called in to see us - this was so unlike her. So I phoned her - and guess what? She was over 75 miles away at work. She thought I had gone off my rocker ringing her, thinking she was near my house. Yet the woman we saw looked and even walked like our daughter - she was her doppelganger - the spitting image. She was the same build, same hair, and from a distance the same face! The point is, God forbid my daughter had gone missing that day, both my hubby and I would have sworn blind to the police that she was less than a mile from our house when we last saw her at 11am that same day - but she wasn't! It wasn't her - but had I not called her I was 100% certain (mistakenly) that it was her. So we can assume things and eyewitnesses can be mistaken.

I am not saying that NB was not by the riverside that day walking her dog, but the people who thought they saw her at certain times may have been mistaken, so the timeline may be off quite a bit. We know she was on the Teams call, sent texts etc, but can we really be 100% sure she was where people think they saw her at those specific times. We sometimes see things and our brain deduces what they are based on previous knowledge etc, but we can be totally wrong.

JMO

MOO. I just don’t buy the theory that she accidentally fell into the river and never have.

I am a similar age to her and walk my spaniel along my local river path most days. The drop looks very similar. In the hundreds of walks I have done, I have never once come remotely close to falling in.

I mean, realistically what are the chances of a young, fit adult, not under the influence of drink or drugs, in daylight, not doing anything silly like trying to walk across stepping stones etc, falling into a river accidentally….

Most of the other tragic cases I have read have been at night, in poor visibility, involved alcoho, or being chased etc.

I think this is probably what the family are thinking (MOO) In my mind, if she is in the river it is intentional or criminal.

Disagree honestly, I think tying someone else’s dog to a bench and leaving it for an hour is inexplicable.

In hindsight sure, but how would they know the dog wouldn't be found or the owner come back for an hour? Not to you personally but lots are applying the gift of hindsight to these witnesses and analysing their accounts (to which we don't know the entirety of) because there isn't much else to go on IMO. If I was on my way to an appointment or whatever I'll be honest I would at most tie the dog up if I saw one and post on fb or something similar as to whether anyone knew who's it was. The phone being present can suggest either that it's suspicious both have been left, or make it less suspicious as in ah someone's just popped round the corner for something they'll be back if there phone is there. Again, in hindsight sure, but I doubt many would jump to a disappearance on a mundane, run of the mill Friday morning going about their usual business. JMO.

I tend to agree about the ‘people want to make this case something it’s not’ but with absolutely no evidence to say she went in the river and even the ‘experts’ questioning it, I can see where they are coming from.

Guess time will tell
what evidence would you need?

Other thougets….

Why did she not wear a hat when it was cold? Did she not want her hair to be messed up for some reason or just couldn’t find it? Did she want to be seen more clearly?

Did she search anything on her phone Or scroll while she was walking, despite being on her meeting? I would quite commonly do this every so often but not sure if you can while on A meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44