Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. Would this apply when the water is so cold? I read the temp was 3C degrees .

I don't know but this Sgt who was with Sussex Diving team ( and has done a PhD) seems to

( if you go through it with Command F/ Search for the word ' buoyancy' she runs through some of the factors that impact on that & subsequent recovery & buoyancy & cold conditions)

No one seems to be considering that Nicola might actually have committed suicide...

<modsnip: no links to information stated as fact> The police seem absolutely certain she in the water and hinted at the press conference they have more evidence that points to that... could she have taken a load of pills with her from the house that morning? Left a suicide note or sent a text ?

Seems the Police know exactly why she's in the river, just with holding that evidence back from the public snd media for whatever reason

Last edited by a moderator:
I was a child in the 1977 heatwave that went on and on. I remember a news headline (never ever left my mind) of a man jumping into a river or pond to cool down. Due to the shock of the water he had a heart attack and sadly died. There is also every possibility that this was a "medical" episode. Having seen two brain haemorrhages happen in real life to loved family members I can absolutely guarantee these things happen in seconds and I mean seconds. Sadly Nicola could have easily toppled into the River as a result of a medical episode and would have been in no fit state to do anything. Having said all this I do hope, especially for the children that any remains are found for closure.

Even without a medical episode:

Water temp (~38F) + Depth of water (at least 10 feet at bench area) + heavy bulky clothing + wearing ankle length wellies / wellingtons which fill with water instantly and then become like leadweights = drowning, probably within 30 seconds.

No one seems to be considering that Nicola might actually have committed suicide...

<modsnip: no links to support information stated as fact>

The police seem absolutely certain she in the water and hinted at the press conference they have more evidence that points to that... could she have taken a load of pills with her from the house that morning? Left a suicide note or sent a text ?
People have written similar here - but IMO this is the kind of harmful speculation the police have warned against.

There’s 40 people on the investigation - I’m sure they’ve thought about this theory.

She posted that she was taking a break from social media.
Sorry can’t share the link to the post, as it’s now been closed down. :-/

Could have moved to the lane without any cctv
What is suspicious about a red van as opposed to any other vehicle parked in the area that day? Genuinely puzzled as to its relevance.

Is witness A the 70 year old man with the white dog? From what I remember his wife stated I think to the Mirror that there were 3 people in the field including her husband. I don't recall it being stated that his wife was there too so who was the third person - the 70 year old man, NB and ? Or have I just got this completely mixed up? These witnesses are utterly confusing.
Two witnesses who claim to know NB. Chap with the dog who spoke to her and said she was 'normal' and another that saw her.

She posted that she was taking a break from social media.
Sorry can’t share the link to the post, as it’s now been closed down. :-/

Could have moved to the lane without any cctv
What is suspicious about a red van as opposed to any other vehicle parked in the area that day? Genuinely puzzled as to its relevance.

One thing I can't believe is that she took her own life. To log onto a meeting just before? To text a mate re playmates for kids? To plan a spa date with her sister? Plus always a risk of being saved by some well-meaning stranger. MOO.

Even without a medical episode:

Water temp (~38F) + Depth of water (at least 10 feet at bench area) + heavy bulky clothing + wearing ankle length wellies / wellingtons which fill with water instantly and then become like leadweights = drowning, probably within 30 seconds.
Also cold water shock. Other people have explained it in a more scientific way earlier on in threads, but it's not just being cold. It can be like paralysis. I have experienced it mildy; fortunately I wasn't on my own but for a short while, I just gasped, nothing else moved, I wasn't in control of my limbs, so if that had happened after a trip/fall/medical episode and you had your face in water its easy to understand how you would drown quickly and silently.
I just hope it this is the case Nicolas' body can be found quickly.

One thing I can't believe is that she took her own life. To log onto a meeting just before? To text a mate re playmates for kids? To plan a spa date with her sister? Plus always a risk of being saved by some well-meaning stranger. MOO.
Plus I wouldn't have thought she would take the dog she obviously loved with her if she was going to do that knowing that the dog would just be left there abandoned.

Also cold water shock. Other people have explained it in a more scientific way earlier on in threads, but it's not just being cold. It can be like paralysis. I have experienced it mildy; fortunately I wasn't on my own but for a short while, I just gasped, nothing else moved, I wasn't in control of my limbs, so if that had happened after a trip/fall/medical episode and you had your face in water its easy to understand how you would drown quickly and silently.
I just hope it this is the case Nicolas' body can be found quickly.
Yes, hence my reference to water temp of 38F.

I've fallen in enough times to know about it and how wellies / wellingtons act like lead weights. Lucky for me each time I fell in the water wasn't deeper than me and I was able to get out quickly.

In response to my 'essay' from earlier, someone asked me what I think of the red van (apologies, can't find the post to reply to it). Anyway, I think the red van is absolutely nothing.

A tatty red van is a tatty red van. Without anything linking it to NB, it's almost completely irrelevant. Also, it's not 'new' as the media would have you believe from their sensationalist headlines, it's just new to them. As stated in the reports, the witness sent it to LE ages ago, which implies they quickly ruled it out.

MSM have found out about the report recently and, IMO, are sensationalising it because they fear this story is about to go dead with nothing new to report (how many papers will sell with yet another picture of 4 men in a comically-small dinghy?).

I'm confused... nothing new there! Is the 70yr old witness with the fluffy white dog the Wyreside caravan park owner, and is his wife the lady who tied Willow up? Or have I got it totally wrong?

Is witness A the 70 year old man with the white dog? From what I remember his wife stated I think to the Mirror that there were 3 people in the field including her husband. I don't recall it being stated that his wife was there too so who was the third person - the 70 year old man, NB and ? Or have I just got this completely mixed up? These witnesses are utterly confusing.
I am not sure if this is helpful but here are the two links I have regarding the 70 year old gentleman witness:

1)Police have tracked down a "potentially key witness" who may have been the last person to see Nicola at around 9.15am.
He was in the area at the time Nicola went missing while walking his own dog.
His wife told The Times: "In the field there were about three people, including my husband. He said there was nothing unusual about her and she seemed completely normal.
"I’d often see her and say hello. I always thought she looked very nicely dressed, in her bobble hat and smart Wellington boots.
"It’s just horrible to know she’s missing.”
Nicola's "normal" state in her last sighting tallies with dad Ernest's own revelation of the last time he spoke with his daughter.
5 unanswered questions in Nicola Bulley's disappearance as search enters 6th day

2)On Tuesday, police found a “potential key witness” following an appeal.
They said the man was walking a small white fluffy dog on a lead, had spoken to a woman in the area who found Ms Bulley’s dog, before he walked in the direction of Rowanwater.
Nicola Bulley: Shop owner 'found missing woman's dog running free and phone on bench'

I don't know but this Sgt who was with Sussex Diving team ( and has done a PhD) seems to

( if you go through it with Command F/ Search for the word ' buoyancy' she runs through some of the factors that impact on that & subsequent recovery & buoyancy & cold conditions)
Thank you so much. Fascinating and informative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth