Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've previously been arrested and detained in a police cell overnight under the mental health act after a welfare check (attended by police only).

Got taken to hospital/mh unit the next day, assessed by them and sent home.
Sorry to hear that.

I think that's a Section 136, I may be wrong. Its highly unlikely that services (mental health, social workers etc.) would turn up when there's an incident, especially if there is another person there who could keep control of things (e.g. partner) The services are stretched. The police and ambulance deal with first response mental health issues, probably takes up most of their work these days.

It's ironic then because LP are getting a pasting for revealing the nature of her ' vulnerabilities' atm but it might actually have been MWT /ANOther who forced their hand

Way too much media pressure and "experts" airing their views publicly , in this case.
Some of these experts should definitely know better , in my view , than to put pressure on a police investigation of this scale. Yet , here we are .

It's ironic then because LP are getting a pasting for revealing the nature of her ' vulnerabilities' atm but it might actually have been MWT /ANOther who forced their hand

I think they probably wanted to help the family control the narrative that was put out. I mean the photos the daily Mail have managed to get hold of so quickly, this was probably known about for a while.

They didn't really say too much about it unfortunately
I thought they used the word informative but I have possibly misheard it. I also thought they said that Nicola wouldn’t have been expected to speak during the Teams meeting. I just wondered if the meeting could have been connected to any possible pending investigation. She had a meeting with her boss the night before - could there have been disciplinary action pending. My opinion only.

I have a technician question which is general so I hope I can ask on here .

In autopsy cases can they detect alcohol levels in the system after a relatively long time in water
They didn't really say too much about it unfortunately
No they did confirm it was an informative session and that is why it wasn’t unusual for her mic and video to be off.

I have to say, I think that's unlikely. It will be police or paramedics that turn up, then a referral to the services, if deemed necessary. I have a bit of experience in this area, though not in Lancashire.
It's not happening in every area, but there is a drive to have more targeted support for MH related 999/111 calls. So a 'mini team' visit in a paramedic car, who can assess, signpost, refer etc rather than just conveying distressed person to a&e to wait for assessment.

How did the Police describe the Teams meeting today during the press conference - did they say it was an informative session? Does anyone think that the Teams meeting could have been related to ongoing personal issues that could impact her position in the company?
It was dismissed by the police, quite emphatically from memory. Unless the police are lying (I don't see that could be the case on this point), then the call was more of an update call, and not one of the Silicon Valley mass lay off type of call, just a run of the mill boring call. In Financial Services, there is a whole heap of compliance required, especially when recommending financial products to consumers. It sounded like the call was more in line with that, from how I heard it.

If police attended her home alongside health care professionals during an incident, it is likely that a referral to social services was made. Even if there is an altercation between adults, social services still believe that children are at risk of emotional harm. Child protection enquires can be very stressful for parents and humiliating. I am not saying this is what definitely happened here, but I'm familiar with the procedures in such cases.

Maybe (JMO) she was scared she was going to be convicted for what happened on the 10th. Which would then affect her job as a mortgage advisor. She would have to declare any criminal record to the FCA. JMO btw. But she seemed like she took great pride in her job. Ties in with her meeting her boss too.
We don’t know if it was NB or PA who was being investigated

It's not happening in every area, but there is a drive to have more targeted support for MH related 999/111 calls. So a 'mini team' visit in a paramedic car, who can assess, signpost, refer etc rather than just conveying distressed person to a&e to wait for assessment.
I didn't know that, thank you. Its good to see that sort of stuff happening, its needed. Please ignore my previous comment, which was based on experience a little while ago.

How did the Police describe the Teams meeting today during the press conference - did they say it was an informative session? Does anyone think that the Teams meeting could have been related to ongoing personal issues that could impact her position in the company?
They just confirmed that it was a call that she didnt need to take an active part in, hence the muting of the call.

Sorry to hear that.

I think that's a Section 136, I may be wrong. Its highly unlikely that services (mental health, social workers etc.) would turn up when there's an incident, especially if there is another person there who could keep control of things (e.g. partner) The services are stretched. The police and ambulance deal with first response mental health issues, probably takes up most of their work these days.
There’s the crisis team.

We don’t know if it was NB or PA who was being investigated
Or possibly both. When I watched the interview and he was speaking about her going down (assume to the kitchen) and then him going down and some of the other things he said, it almost sounded like they were living together but separately if that makes sense.

They just confirmed that it was a call that she didnt need to take an active part in, hence the muting of the call.
I'm sure I remember the detective mentioning that the call wasn't bad news, or anything other than a routine call. Its been a long day though, my mind may be playing tricks. Can anybody remember ?

I feel so sorry for the girls. IMO, if they were there when whatever happened on the 10th, it could have been extremely upsetting and frightening for them. Given the Police have said today she had vulnerabilities and they deemed her high risk, I wonder if the girls would have been questioned by Police family liaison officers after any of the incidents prior to her going missing.
Hopefully, they were at Granny's.
Or fast asleep and unaware.
MOO.

MOO but I think potential charges following the 10th Jan resulted in this - MOO Nicola believed that her children would be took off her and the partner - So again in MOO Nicola made the heartbreaking decision that day.
Unless there is obvious abuse, children aren't taken off parents that quickly. Parents are given lots of chances to improve their behaviour

They gave absolutely not the slightest hint that this was a concern in any of the other pressers. Even today vulnerabilities could have meant anything. Or nothing since we're not privy to their internal SPECIFIC criteria. I think it was about to be leaked, not by them. They couldn't just drop it without supporting evidence- their visit on 10th. They're going to be attacked whatever they do but they're extraordinarily professional so I doubt it will affect their investigation.

I don't know where she is now or how she managed to escape her dog.
It's possible she was able to exit the gate while telling her to stay. That would take a lot of training but as dog was running between bench and gate it might indicate she was waiting for her to return. Might. I have no idea how the dog was trained.
I don't train them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member