SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Murdaugh’s FULL Confession to Murder-Suicide Scheme Played in Court​

For reference, the call takes place on Saturday -- one week after the fake drive-by shooting arranged by AM.

Prior to Agent Kelly continuing the call from AM with his two attorneys present, DH prefaces "for the record" that AM's attorneys have spent the last hour talking with AM and he is of sound mind and body and there's no issue of diminished capacity. AM is competent to answer.

DH informs he will lead the questioning of AM and SLED can ask AM limited questions (no Mosselle, no financial matters at PMPED) after DH is finished.

IMO, AM uses an almost childlike voice with DH compared to his voice when speaking with Agent Kelly.

Responding to DH questions -- AM alleges to have a large amount of life insurance but won't commit to the amount -- estimates around $10-$12M.

AM alleges he requests CES to meet him near the SUNOCO station, Varnville, where talking from their car windows, AM tells CES for the very first time, things are about to get very bad for him, and he needs CES to follow him where CES is to shoot him in the head.

But AM doesn't give CES the gun (.38 revolver kept at his mother's house) until they make a very brief stop on S..Rd. but they don't talk [before his life is ending] because AM is worried about passing traffic!

This ends the questions by DH. (around 14 min).

AM doesn't tell Agent Kelly where CES was getting the pills until prompted by DH & JG.

AM also adds more names of pill providers only after prompted by DH.

AM says the majority of the money for pills came from ill-gotten gains.

AM does not hesitate whatsoever when responding that Buster is in no danger (i.e., AM doesn't owe any drug dealers).

DH interjects AM had the Life policy for 10 years but AM interrupts DH and doesn't answer any questions about the alleged life insurance.

(Sounds to me like AM had LW&T/docs in the Mercedes with him when shot. Where's the inventory from the vehicle?).

ETA: IMO, it's clear in the recorded interview that AM does not say/imply caregiver B Mixon looked after mom "sometimes" but that he only received pills from Mixon occasionally -- i.e., AM isn't referring to the caregiver's work schedule.

The state on Friday entered into evidence the transcript of a voicemail Paul left his father on May 6, 2021 – roughly a month before the killings.

“I am still in EB (Edisto Beach) because when you get here we have to talk,” the message said. “Mom found several bags of pills in your computer bag.”

Cell phone records showed that on the same day, Maggie Murdaugh searched on Google “white pill 30 on one side rp,” prosecutors said. The description matches a 30 mg Oxycodone Hydrochloride pill. Maggie then deleted her searches for the pills, the prosecution said.

Paul Murdaugh confronted his father about finding pills a month before he and his mom were killed, prosecutors say | CNN
Deleting searches: I wonder if deletions occurred at a later time.
Perhaps AM checking MM's findings.
Was it clear, if searches were deleted when initially made?

My opinion, based on experience and pill reference guides:

Pills for the same substances come in many different colors and shapes. Over the years, different manufacturers have manufactured oxycontin (just to use one example). Looks to me like the 80 mg is usually pale green, but also comes in white, pale blue and gray (depending on manufacturer and whether time-release or not). Further, it's not clear that AM had been on that high dose for the entire period of use. "Still taking pills" means he was taking them before, but he might have abused a different opiate in the past (very common).

If I were going to confront a drug abusing spouse (which actually, I have done), I'd for sure cross my T's and dot my I's and yes, I'd look up the pills to make sure. He could have had many, many different kinds of opiate pills over the years.

View attachment 403762View attachment 403760
That's the green and gray ones, and here are some dark gray/purple ones:

View attachment 403761

At any rate, I don't think many people go directly to 80 mg of oxycontin without working their way through many colors of pills. And percoset, vicodin, etc are often entry level opiates. It's hard for anyone but a pharmacist to keep all the pill types clear in the mind.

Source: Pill Identification Wizard from Drugs.com
Excellent 10!
Interesting to me about Eddie Smith having a PDR in his house as well

Agreed.

What makes no sense in the taking the pulse claim is that it was clear to all who testified that his son's brain matter was not connected to his body? Why claim you took his pulse? Or, claim you took MM's pulse, except if either were still alive, he would have to wait to call 911. I think it is only because he was trying to get a hold of the phones and make sure the scene was as clean as he could make it. Or, alternately, he could make the scene contaminated as possible by touching everything he could find while saying he was trying to help PM and MM. I think he tried to open both phones and used the popped out to explain his prints on PM's phone if it was tested for prints--good way to contaminate the evidence by saying he touched it. Can't imagine that PM's phone popped out. He probably was able to see it had little to no battery so maybe he thought he was in the clear for the data or thought no one would be able to get into it. He knew that he and Maggie had longer history info between the two of them, any texts to her family, banking info, etc on her phone. Her phone was critical to get off that scene.

If the reason for the killing was the boating accident, a perp would want PM's phone before they would want MM's phone. PM's phone might have incriminating information or have conversations between whoever wanted to hurt PM and themselves. Taking her phone made no sense at all except if it about issues that relate to AM.

I think he had the murder planned. He had both guns on his person or near his person. Each of them were shot with a gun he chose for them, IMHO.

I do think he had time to kill them because he made the time/plan work-- guns at the ready, being on the scene with the two at the kennels meant he knew where they were and what they were doing, the explanation that guns were left everywhere as an indicator that an unknown person would be able do the killing (but it didn't account for PM or MM being able to shoot someone in self-defense if there were truly guns left haphazardly on the property).

It bugs me that he thought he was so smart that he could get away with it. Even with the phony attempt on his life--- either it was never meant to kill him (so then it would call all of the LE off of him for the family murder with another careless Murdaugh gun in someone else's hands) or he chickened out and moved so that he would not die from the scripted scene he devised.
Last night on Murder Trial Recap Feb. 17: The Murdaugh Murders, Money & Mystery | Unsolved South Carolina, very early in the podcast, former S.C. AG Charlie Condon pointed out that Alec had trust going for him and that's why he thinks shooting two family members with two firearms was so doable. Paul and Maggie wouldn't think twice about seeing Alec with a gun.

Paul probably didn't see Alec aiming the shotgun before the first fire since he seemed to be looking for something related to Rogan's dog Cash. As CW said "pop, pop," Alec takes Paul down, crouching on a knee and to the side of the feed room door for the second shot that adds another trajectory.

I seems like Maggie may have been pacing around behind equipment and focused on her phone at this time (footprints in crime scene photo). She then must have emerged, startled by the shotgun blasts, but if she saw Alec coming toward her with the AR, she may have thought he was coming to protect her (she certainly wouldn't have thought he was Paul's shooter or advancing to shoot her) until he shouldered the rifle. If this is what happened, that trust is what bought him time. AG Condon's opinion. MO, too.

It's possible that MM didn't share with her sister any marital woes sparing her sister and parents any worry. But MM had visited a Charleston divorce lawyer about 6 weeks prior to her murder. I don't think things were all wine and roses.
This is the media…with their anonymous ‘sources’…but nothing like this has been testified to under oath.

The media has proven to be untrustworthy and unreliable once again. “Sources say”…really, ‘anonymous’ sources? Will any of these media geniuses ever OUT these lying sources or explain why they led the public astray? Or was it just made up for $$$$$?

Did their sources lie to them or did these media outlets lie to us? Because it is one or the other.

Will any of them apologize to the public for spewing garbage from people who would only talk if they didn’t put their OWN name to it?

Nah…

I think the media hyped expectations to such a point about blood spattered shirts and divorce lawyers and forensic accountants…that they almost sank the prosecutions case!

NONE of this did the prosecution have for their case UNDER OATH! But thankfully, the last witness probably sealed the deal for a guilty verdict. I am thankful that, at the last minute,such powerful evidence came through.

But hey, the media made their bucks and some became STARS! No accountability to how that might have undercut the trial. Hopefully, we will remember this THE NEXT TIME when we are asked to trust their ‘sources close to the investigation’ hype.

Last edited:
Another observation about AM and pills-- in the confession interview, he references learning about a pill supplier from an injured individual (client?) having trouble getting medication.

I wouldn't be surprised if AM used his "inventory" to keep ailing clients happy as he robbed them blind of their settlements. All the while playing on their weaknesses to endear himself as their champion. MOO :mad:

I seems like Maggie may have been pacing around behind equipment and focused on her phone at this time (footprints in crime scene photo). She then must have emerged, startled by the shotgun blasts, but if she saw Alec coming toward her with the AR, she may have thought he was coming to protect her (she certainly wouldn't have thought he was Paul's shooter or advancing to shoot her) until he shouldered the rifle. If this is what happened, that trust is what bought him time. AG Condon's opinion. MO, too.
^^rsbm

Dr. Kinsey (forensics expert) opined that MM was facing toward the feed room when she was shot. I prefer OP's quoted source because I shudder at the idea that MM had a visual of MM getting shot and dying. MOO

I am very confused about the cooler though. Was there any more testimony about it besides from Owen, because I didn't understand what they meant.

This is cued up to where he talks about it.

So CB Rowe says there was a cooler there on Tuesday that was not there on the Friday before when he was there. And Owen also says he saw the cooler there. Are they saying that Alex may have put something in the cooler and then left it at the scene? That doesn't make sense to me.

Was anything else said about it besides that little bit from Owen?
I was very excited to hear this testimony with Johnny Meador introducing the cooler. Bingo!

At some point someone on the stand is questioned -- I think later -- as to whether a cooler would be a good place to stash wet, bloody clothing and shoes to transport them -- implying that Alec could have used a cooler to take his wet incriminating clothes to Almeada for later disposal.

Defense has made a point of noting that the cargo area and back seats of Alec's SUV weren't wet and there was no evidence of blood or GSR on them (adding to his innocence) and when the cooler was mentioned it connected some dots.

Does anyone recall when this came up?

Deleting searches: I wonder if deletions occurred at a later time.
Perhaps AM checking MM's findings.
Was it clear, if searches were deleted when initially made?
I don’t know if they can tell when they were deleted. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

If you read this from the bottom up. MM googled the white pills on 5/6 the same day PM told his Dad “ Mom found several bags of pills”

The next to the last column has a Yes for deleted on that day’s search.

Then on 5/26 MM googled the green pills and that search does not show as deleted.0727F5D4-3C25-47B3-A616-D6E5E7836CE7.jpeg

I've been reading through Rudofsky's full timeline, and I'm shocked I tell you, just shocked that AM lied! The information he received that afternoon about Randolph was *not* that he was terminal, it was that a pulmonologist thought he had pneumonia and not cancer, and they were going to do some tests to verify if he was right or not. So AM getting out of the confrontation with the CFO by saying he's just received terrible news about his Dad was utter bullfeathers.

Okay, not surprised at all, and it backs up CW's theory that whenever AM is in a tight squeeze, he does something to get sympathy/distraction of the problem. Rock star Creighton, who knew he was so multi-talented?
Wait so AM's didn't have cancer?

If he did put the cooler in his car, then the theory would have to be that he took it to Almeda, removed whatever was in there and then took it back to Moselle. It would still be hard to understand why he wouldn't just leave it at Almeda. Perhaps with chaotic Alex, he just forgot it was in his car, then noticed it after the 911 call and removed it.
Wonder if it was tested for blood or DNA?

Wait so AM's didn't have cancer?

He died of heart disease and lung cancer (Former South Carolina Solicitor Randolph Murdaugh III Passes Away - FITSNews) but the issue that sent him to the hospital before the murders was thought to possibly be pneumonia which could have been treated with antibiotics.

My guess is that the cancer was advancing and they were trying to determine whether to do more radiation/other treatment or hospice. When the thought came up about possible pneumonia they decided to check it out. It is not uncommon for people with lung diseases to get pneumonia and with advanced disease the question about treatment for infections is one that is posed to the patient and families.

This is the media…with their anonymous ‘sources’…but nothing like this has been testified to under oath.

The media has proven to be untrustworthy and unreliable once again. “Sources say”…really, ‘anonymous’ sources? Will any of these media geniuses ever OUT these lying sources or explain why they led the public astray? Or was it just made up for $$$$$?

Did their sources lie to them or did these media outlets lie to us? Because it is one or the other.

Will any of them apologize to the public for spewing garbage from people who would only talk if they didn’t put their OWN name to it?

Nah…

I think the media hyped expectations to such a point about blood spattered shirts and divorce lawyers and forensic accountants…that they almost sank the prosecutions case!

NONE of this did the prosecution have for their case UNDER OATH! But thankfully, the last witness probably sealed the deal for a guilty verdict. I am thankful that, at the last minute,such powerful evidence came through.

But hey, the media made their bucks and some became STARS! No accountability to how that might have undercut the trial. Hopefully, we will remember this THE NEXT TIME when we are asked to trust their ‘sources close to the investigation’ hype.
Sadly this has become a way of life these days. It happens all too often in many areas: entertainment, politics, legal cases and everything else. I personally don’t believe the media anymore without doing my own research. Too much of what is posted is pure sensationalism, and some of it is an outright lie.

What strikes me as odd about Paul's message to his father is that he tells Alex to talk to him about the pills. He doesn't tell Alex to talk to his wife about it, but to his son - almost a role reversal of parent and child. Was Paul the in-between communicator for his parents?
IMO Paul is what some mental health professionals refer to as "an adult child of an alcoholic" (but you can substitute alcoholic with addict -- same dynamic). Adult Children of Alcoholics & Dysfunctional Families

AM and MM's nuclear family was very dysfunctional (duh), and yes, the parent/child role is reversed. Ironically, I think Paul is an alcoholic, too, but he has had to reverse the role of the adult with his father -- trying to manage AM's addiction to protect his mother. From what I have read, codependency goes along with families living with addiction.

To learn more, Google:
parent codependency, parentification, symptoms of a dysfunctional family, unhealthy boundaries

I am not a professional -- just stuff I picked up with life expereince. OMO. MOO.

Just watched Emily D Baker, Law and Lumber+, and they all complained about this trial, how both sides have played fast and loose, asking Leading questions, which are not generally allowed. Emily, a former California Prosecutor said this case should not have been brought, as there is much Info/Proof missing, and AM is already in Jail, so no rush. They also noted that it's obvious the Prosecutor was hungry to convict AM. Emily also thinks it's very possible AM knew the actual Killers, but may have not done the crime himself, so she might have charged him with complicity. They all also have doubts about the exact times of death. The podcast is Friday Night Frenzy/ Murdaugh Murder Trial-Prosecution Rests (Law and Lumber) on Youtube.
Listened, and can see some of their criticism, but You All and I have watched, gone back and forth, pointed out what WE have noticed, and I still feel he is Guilty as sin, But while one lawyer thinks Guilty verdict, the others thing perhaps Hung Jury. If I were a taxpayer in SC, I would be furious if they my tax dollars were wasted. Just MOO
Wanted to make you aware and get Your input. Stay safe, and have a Happy Presidents Day:)
You should probably give us a link. Thanks!

One thing i noticed is alex hair in tape of him emed after getting to scene, calling 911 and interview in vehicle. If you pay close attention, while in vehicle being interviewed 1st thing i noticed is it looks like he had gotton hair very wet and never brushed it after. It dried clumped as it would be if quickly washed in a hose or whatever. Not normal for him. Any guys have opinion on this?
Look at his hair in 1st interview at dog kennels in vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member