Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if she walked to the spot near Rawcliffe Rd and jumped into the river

Yes, based on the info available this seems plausible: left Willow where she was more likely to be found; went out through the gate; back along the path, across Blackpool Lane onto the riverside path out to the west of St Michael’s and into deeper water further down. The Fitbit device (if recovered) will no doubt give more specific information regarding this possibility.

I was sceptical about the falling into the river theory but after my experience the other day I completely changed my mind. We were sat not far from sea at a river and a middle aged woman was with her friend walking the dog. The dog was paddling in the low river and lost the ball the two got close to the side and were walking around. The friend then headed back upwards and said come on lets go and then the woman behind slipped on a rock and ended up stuck in water, mixture of shock and cold water plus too slippery to stand back up alone. Imagine if she had banged her head and been alone close to deeper water. Its just so easy to have such an accident. Luckily the woman was okay and my partner went to help her up.

Some seem to think it's like going into a temperature controlled Swimming pool for some reason. With that you can obviously brace your body for suddenly entering a cool body of water and you quickly gauge the depth.

No such way to do that if you accidently fall into a river/stream especially with clothing on.

Thinking of the family who will be going through some of the worst moments of their lives right now, waiting.

Searches in water are notoriously tough. Predictions and calculations as to search areas and water movements, even in estuaries, are never an exact science. I get very cynical when I hear any searcher talking in definite terms for that reason.

Despite thinking absence of evidence didn’t mean evidence of absence & that Occam’s Razor would prove to be the case, I’d been increasingly hopeful since the perimenopause revelations that Nicola may have taken time out.

So sad for her family but thankful that she has been found.

S

I was sceptical about the falling into the river theory but after my experience the other day I completely changed my mind. We were sat not far from sea at a river and a middle aged woman was with her friend walking the dog. The dog was paddling in the low river and lost the ball the two got close to the side and were walking around. The friend then headed back upwards and said come on lets go and then the woman behind slipped on a rock and ended up stuck in water, mixture of shock and cold water plus too slippery to stand back up alone. Imagine if she had banged her head and been alone close to deeper water. Its just so easy to have such an accident. Luckily the woman was okay and my partner went to help her up.
Yes goes to show how easily an accident like that can happen. Thankfully she was with her friend as well as you and your partner saw what happened, for then your partner to offer any help needed.

You mean, when the dog finally tells investigators about what happened?

Just being cheeky.

Sadly, the most likely scenario is that NB ensured there were no witnesses. IMO, if she could have explained everything to everyone's satisfaction, she would still be home.

Words, explanations, trying to pin everything down, trying to get everyone to understand, that can seem like an exhausting, never-ending effort. Or, there's silence.

JMO

That’s very profound, and comes with real insight I imagine. Yes, I understand, and So sad.

I feel so sorry for the police ..I feel the problems started when he started talking to the press. I feel his actions were a catalyst leading to the police having to defend themselves in that lengthy press conference..which the led to disclosing personal information
Strongly agree. Absolutely he could have used his extensive expertise to assist the police and family. The at one point daily interviews on TV and with newspapers, followed by podcast episode and even Jeremy Kyle was it?

That was selfish and unnecessary and undoubtedly stirred the masses.

If he says anything today I shall be very annoyed!

You mean, when the dog finally tells investigators about what happened?

Just being cheeky.

Sadly, the most likely scenario is that NB ensured there were no witnesses. IMO, if she could have explained everything to everyone's satisfaction, she would still be home.

Words, explanations, trying to pin everything down, trying to get everyone to understand, that can seem like an exhausting, never-ending effort. Or, there's silence.

JMO
"Ensured there were no witnesses"?? What?!!

I believed she had accidentally fallen in at the start of the investigation but started to lean towards her going missing after the Jan 10 revelation. I think the LP have been right from the start.
I was hoping and praying she would be found alive.
Very sad. I hope her family are now left alone to grieve.

Hmm, they also said it was 'the body of a woman'. I assume they could see the water from where they were, so perhaps the body was in the middle of the river? ......

Ashen-faced vaping after discovery was made​

The man and woman who found the body in the River Wyre were later seen sat on the wall vaping, looking ashen-faced, as police frantically called for reinforcements.
The man told the first response officer: “It was a body. It is down there. It was a body of a woman. There is definitely a body down there.”

Sounds like it's Nicola.
:(
Who else would it be ?
Thinking about her devastated loved ones today.

Can I ask what or who is Occam Razor seen it mentioned several times?
Occam's razor, Ockham's razor, or Ocham's razor (Latin: novacula Occami) in philosophy is the problem-solving principle that recommends searching for explanations constructed with the smallest possible set of elements. (Taken from Wiki).

So, the simplest theory, ie a slipping accident, is often the most likely thing to have occurred.

I'm so glad they found her before she ended up in the sea. At least the family will be able to say goodbye and lay her to rest, even if they can't find closure over the circumstances. Her poor little girls, family and friends.

I've been surprised at the amount of people on social media (even on these thread imo) who have been hearing hooves and are expecting it to be a zebra - or hell, even a Pegasus in some extreme instances - instead of a horse. A woman goes missing during a short window of time, next to a body of water with steep banks, and her body is found within a mile of where she was last seen.

I wonder if believing - beyond all available evidence - that there is an abductor / perpetrator / third-party involved is sort of a protective mechanism; freak accidents and/or mental health problems are issues that could happen to any of us, and could cause US to become a victim of a senseless tragedy, too. An "evil" person having to be involved makes us somehow feel safer and more separate.

On the darker side, I do get the feeling that for some on the fringes of social media (not fringe enough for me), the obvious explanations simply aren't exciting or dramatic enough. Or people are so married to a particular theory they refuse to give it up, despite the preponderance of evidence, because that would mean admitting they're wrong and they're not a super special and clever detective.

Sadly the media circus isn't going to go away any time soon for these poor, grieving people who have arguably just received the worst news of their life. They have my deepest sympathy.
Hello everyone, I've just logged onto my Facebook and both LBC and ITV news are saying that a body has been found in the River. I'm taking this without any credence except from the kind posters on here. At the risk of sounding uncaring I might hope that if true it is the lady in question for the sake of her daughters.

Assuming they'll do a thorough autopsy.

Although I suspect an accident firstly and possible suicide secondly; if there was foul play, they'll be able to determine this with an autopsy.
I don't think it's completely outside the realm of possibility that she could have been killed.
There are many deranged people out there these days.
If no one was seen on camera and she seemed to be alone the entire time, then the 1st or 2nd scenarios are more likely.

Still terrible news for her family !

Imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads