SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had weeks of testimony to that end. It makes sense that Waters would want to confront him with these crimes and humanize the victims but I think we all get it. I'm afraid he's going to lose the jury if he doesn't get on with it. IMO
I have just finished listening to Waters showing how horrid AM has been, for many years, cheating, lying, stealing: an evil creep.

I only hope, he can show AM lying about the day of the murders, kennels etc, because, proving AM lies about stealing, and has no empathy for others, may not lead the Jury, to believe he killed Maggie and Paul: a wonderful family man!!!

Hope others here, aren't as worried, so I can sleep tonight, waiting calmly for 'next episode'.
Would it be ALLOWED for Defence, to coach AM now, about his mistakes so far, and what to look out for in tomorrow's cross?
Could this be discovered, if not allowed, and occurs?

Really worried!!!!

Yuk :mad:
:mad: :mad:

I'm not fully understanding the cross on the financial crimes. The state can only use the financial crimes to show motive -- they can't use it to prove bad character. But the cross seems to be focused on his bad character. I know his credibility is in issue, but I'm finding this messy. JMO.
Why can’t they use it to prove/show bad character?

Why can’t they use it to prove/show bad character?
SC Rule 404(b): Other Crimes, Wrongs, or Acts. Evidence of other crimes, wrongs, or acts is not admissible to prove the character of a person in order to show action in conformity therewith. It may, however, be admissible to show motive, identity, the existence of a common scheme or plan, the absence of mistake or accident, or intent.

What makes you think he’s not? Who do you think had the opportunity? Because if you feel this way others may too. I am truly curious- no pressure.
He probably did it, but I am not convinced beyond a reasonable doubt. They truly botched the investigation. They likely would never have gotten an indictment had they not “accidentally” lied to the grand jury twice about the blood splatter report and the shotguns in the house. Never searched the mom’s house, though she was integral to the story from the get go. No murder weapon. Everything is circumstantial, and we don’t know who had the opportunity because LE decided from the start he was the one and never investigated any other possible suspects, of which apparently there could have been a long list. NG, in my opinion,

I find it jarring that he refers to his son as "Paw Paw". My grandfather is from the south and it is tradition in our family for grandpa's be christened "Paw Paw".
I have friends whose kids went to school with the Murdaughs and knew them.

I have been following this thing closely ever since the boat accident, and today - today is the first time I have EVER heard of him being called "Paw Paw".

I don't know what he's on about.

I have friends whose kids went to school with the Murdaughs and knew them.

I have been following this thing closely ever since the boat accident, and today - today is the first time I have EVER heard of him being called "Paw Paw".

I don't know what he's on about.
Alex was simply trying to fool the jury into believing that he loved his son so much, that he would never kill him. Cute. Or something. So transparent.

What makes you think he’s not? Who do you think had the opportunity? Because if you feel this way others may too. I am truly curious- no pressure.

I don't know..who killed them. I do know that an addictive person like AM could be like gambling addict and regarding money, also creating untold debts and problems for themselves. then coupled with an opioid addiction, a drug which completely numbs your feelings..this is typical of an addict and I know someone who
was a drug addict and she told me she had no remorse at the time over things she did to loved ones , including stealing money.

there could have been someone lurking on the property..I don't think they have the proof...or a good motive.
to make himself a simpathetic figure? to buy time? why kill your son? I just am not at all convinced. mOO

I'm not fully understanding the cross on the financial crimes. The state can only use the financial crimes to show motive -- they can't use it to prove bad character. But the cross seems to be focused on his bad character. I know his credibility is in issue, but I'm finding this messy. JMO.
He had no empathy or conscience as he stole from these people. No value or care about their lives. Only his. Ego, greed, control, power drove him.
So indeed, he possessed these things while eliminating PM & MM. Getting rid of them literally bought him more time IMO.

Two comments about the tweet and embedded video below:

1) After defense attorney DH went on a rant about how the cross-examination of AM was nothing more than denigrating AM's character over non-murder issues, Judge Newman responded that the credibility of a testifying witness is an issue in all cases.

2) Many conversations here about Law & Crime showing biased support for the defense. I just noticed Angenette Levy includes DH's senate race in her tweets! MOO

He probably did it, but I am not convinced beyond a reasonable doubt. They truly botched the investigation. They likely would never have gotten an indictment had they not “accidentally” lied to the grand jury twice about the blood splatter report and the shotguns in the house. Never searched the mom’s house, though she was integral to the story from the get go. No murder weapon. Everything is circumstantial, and we don’t know who had the opportunity because LE decided from the start he was the one and never investigated any other possible suspects, of which apparently there could have been a long list. NG, in my opinion,

Where's the doubt in the kennel video?

Was the "chicken" that AM "took from Bubba" in his testimony this afternoon like a fully feathered live running chicken snatched from somewhere, like just snagged going by from some nearby farm as Bubba had gotten loose that afternoon? Or was it like a denuded/cleaned chicken like the Murdaughs got from the supermarket and regularly fed their "huntin" dogs that they gave to them to "eat whole" or "parts thereof" when they weren't catching their own game/food or eating kibble in the kennel?

Honestly asking, as to why it sounded like a bit of a brouhaha on the video & audio on Paul's recording with Paul, Maggie, and Alex that is in evidence, with Maggie saying "oh my" or something similar about the dog having a whole chicken in its mouth?

Was it that unusual for Bubba being a "little dickens" for snatching the whole chicken that was meant for all the dogs in the kennel that was usually "cut up in parts" by the people who feed the dogs in the kennel? Or was it like a 'what the hey", why does that dog have a whole entire chicken all to himself (from Maggie), and then minutes later all he^^ broke loose with one of the main family dogs having been given a main distraction of a whole chicken?

JWIA (just wonderin is all)

They probably sent him a long task list in all of the notebooks he takes to his cell every night. JMO
It didn't look like he got to grab his files and notebook. They scooped him up and out the door. Anyone know who the gentleman was in civilian clothes who went through the door with AM and the two deputies???

I don't know..who killed them. I do know that an addictive person like AM could be like gambling addict and regarding money, also creating untold debts and problems for themselves. then coupled with an opioid addiction, a drug which completely numbs your feelings..this is typical of an addict and I know someone who
was a drug addict and she told me she had no remorse at the time over things she did to loved ones , including stealing money.

there could have been someone lurking on the property..I don't think they have the proof...or a good motive.
to make himself a simpathetic figure? to buy time? why kill your son? I just am not at all convinced. mOO

We have hundreds of cases on WS where a parent kills their offspring. There is never, ever a good answer for the question WHY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member