Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire), Jan 2023 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t help but wonder if the police have now dismissed any third party involvement. I have not seen any declaration of that… but would they actually say it? Can we expect a final conclusion once all tests on the body have been actioned? To me it seems as if there has already been a conclusion that the death is not suspicious or else why leave an inquest until June? I’m a little confused.
If there was a possibility of third party involvement then surely, in theory , someone is out there who needs finding.
I still don’t think anything can be ruled out. They are getting further evaluation from a home office forensic pathologist (source https://www.itv.com/news/granada/2023-02-22/inquest-into-death-of-nicola-bulley-opens ) and they tend to look at suspicious circumstances according to this:

Last edited:
I still don’t think anything can be ruled out. They are getting further evaluation from a home office forensic pathologist and they tend to look at suspicious circumstances according to this:

Where does anything say that a HO FP has been involved?

I still don’t think anything can be ruled out. They are getting further evaluation from a home office forensic pathologist and they tend to look at suspicious circumstances according to this:

I think it unlikely that there are 'suspicious' circumstances as the Coroner has already set the inquest date.

I think it unlikely that there are 'suspicious' circumstances as the Coroner has already set the inquest date.
Would there be a longer period for any suspicious circumstances then? I know they would still adjourn the inquest whether suspicious or not.

Thanks for that. As this is the same ITV that is under fire for directly contacting PA on the day Nikki's body was found, together with Sky, forgive me if I have absolutely NO confidence in their ability to report with any accuracy. I can find no other reference to HOFP, even in the press release from the Coroner. Merely reference to 'a pathologist' - ie the one who carried out the PM. No criticism of you - just the shocking standard of 'journalism' in this country.

Thanks for that. As this is the same ITV that is under fire for directly contacting PA on the day Nikki's body was found, together with Sky, forgive me if I have absolutely NO confidence in their ability to report with any accuracy. I can find no other reference to HOFP, even in the press release from the Coroner. Merely reference to 'a pathologist' - ie the one who carried out the PM. No criticism of you - just the shocking standard of 'journalism' in this country.
I think it has been reported elsewhere Nicola Bulley inquest opening hears she was identified by dental records and Nicola Bulley identified by dental records after her body was pulled from river BUT the coroner may just be dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s with further evaluation by a home office pathologist. Just to ensure a suspicious death can definitively be ruled out. To ‘shut up’ the speculators once and for all. IMO.

I still don’t think anything can be ruled out. They are getting further evaluation from a home office forensic pathologist (source https://www.itv.com/news/granada/2023-02-22/inquest-into-death-of-nicola-bulley-opens ) and they tend to look at suspicious circumstances according to this:

Ok thanks

Would there be a longer period for any suspicious circumstances then? I know they would still adjourn the inquest whether suspicious or not.
from the attached provided by @dunkley in a previous post:
If an Inquest is necessary, the Coroner reviews and decides: -
5.1. If a referral to Police/CPS is needed for possible criminal prosecution.
5.2. If no criminal issues, fixes timetable and calls for evidence.

5.3. If needed, arranges a Pre-Inquest Review (all interested persons, including family, are invited) to discuss relevant issues, review evidence, identify witnesses required and to fix a timetable.

When the inquest was opened and adjourned earlier this week - the Coroner set a date for the Inquest (5.2). The Coroner did not state that he was making a referral to the Police or CPS (5.1).

Attachments

• CCSS-EL_Inquest_Factsheet_Final29317221_3.pdf
    194.2 KB · Views: 1
I think it has been reported elsewhere Nicola Bulley inquest opening hears she was identified by dental records and Nicola Bulley identified by dental records after her body was pulled from river BUT the coroner may just be dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s with further evaluation by a home office pathologist. Just to ensure a suspicious death can definitively be ruled out. To ‘shut up’ the speculators once and for all. IMO.
Thank you, I do appreciate it. However as the second article also states *this* ...

***A post-mortem and inquest are due to take place in due course, which could help explain what happened to the mother-of-two.***

I maintain that nothing reported by MSM can be taken as accurate.
The PM has ALREADY taken place, which is why she can be released back to her family.

A PM would take place pretty smartish after a body is pulled from the water - like the next day or so, particularly for one that been in the water for more than 3 weeks.
I have been involved in situations whereby the HO FP for the area has been called out, seen the body in situ, taken temperatures etc, supervised the 'removal', received it into the mortuary and - on occasion - conducted the PM there and then. There will also be police CSIs taking photographs, a police Exhibits Officer, and the SIO.

It is a far cry from the standard procedure to establish ID and medical cause of death which happens several times a day, all over the UK.

In point of fact the deceased's love ones themselves would surely wonder if there was something they could have done or said to keep the tragedy from happening. Even little children might think that they were somehow at fault because they were too naughty too many times. It is beyond sad, but also understandable.

In a possible defense of the "She couldn't have ended her own life because she did/didn't/would not have done this or that" responders, I believe that they, deep down, perhaps simply find it difficult to accept the actuality of a suicide because it is such a grindingly awful thing, one which wounds everyone touched by it.
Yes we do. Each and every day. It’s a huge additional and sometimes insurmountable to burden on top of ‘normal’ grief of a loved one.

With respect to your thinking it doesn't mean that at all.
My adult son was found in possible suspicious circumstances .
The coroners's assistant explained to me what would follow after the initial inquest opening (which revealed COD )
This was as explained the other day in the case of NB " to evaluate " wasn't it ?
The Inquest date was set for 9 months later and a open verdict was returned .

Last edited:
With respect to your thinking it doesn't mean that at all.
My adult son was found in suspicious circumstances .
The coroners's assistant explained to me what would follow after the initial inquest opening (which revealed COD )
This was as explained the other day in the case of NB " to evaluate " wasn't it ?
The Inquest date was set for 9 months later and a open verdict was returned .
@Zuleika I’m so sorry for the loss of your son.

from the attached provided by @dunkley in a previous post:
If an Inquest is necessary, the Coroner reviews and decides: -
5.1. If a referral to Police/CPS is needed for possible criminal prosecution.
5.2. If no criminal issues, fixes timetable and calls for evidence.

5.3. If needed, arranges a Pre-Inquest Review (all interested persons, including family, are invited) to discuss relevant issues, review evidence, identify witnesses required and to fix a timetable.

When the inquest was opened and adjourned earlier this week - the Coroner set a date for the Inquest (5.2). The Coroner did not state that he was making a referral to the Police or CPS (5.1).
Thanks that does clarify things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member