Found Deceased GA - Susana Morales, 16, walking home from friend’s house, kidnapped and murdered, 26 July 2022 *police officer charged*

His gun was reported missing 7/27... Susana was last seen 7/26. Where is this 6 month gap you are speaking of?
My bad I had this mixed up with another case. You would have thought just reporting a gun stolen the day after a girl disappeared in the area might have escalated the missing person investigation.

I wonder if the gun was also spotted by the people who found the body and mentioned in the recorded call to police or else it might have been "overlooked" kind of like in that other investigation.

An Atlanta-area police officer who was arrested for concealing the death of a 16-year-old girl has now been charged in her kidnapping and murder, police said Wednesday.

Miles Bryant, 22, was arrested on preliminary charges of falsely reporting a crime and concealing the death of another in connection with Susana Morales' death after the girl's remains were found earlier this month. She had been missing since July.

The reporter says he "appeared calm in court," but I don't see that at all. He's looking around in every direction, doesn't know what to do with his hands, biting his lower lip... I see a lot of anxiety. Vulnerability. Insecurity. GOOD. MOO

How is this case not national news? Why are people not completely outraged just based on what limited information is available already?

That police statement is a whole lot of nothing. They're very clearly withholding the info about what evidence led to the arrest and considering the other circumstances surrounding this case already, I have a strong suspicion as to why.

That's the thing that these kind of cases need to be examined for - to explicitly establish how creepy is too creepy to be a cop? How creepy is too creepy to be allowed to own a gun?

I expect this guy was pretty adept at keeping his homicidal tendencies concealed just well enough that if the standards were different, he would have just learned to keep them below those standards.

He shouldn't have been a cop though and the cops should have done a better job of catching him.
yes like this guy

FEB 24, 2023
A woman says the man accused of killing 16-year-old Susana Morales broke into her home to steal her underwear in 2018.

The woman, who doesn’t want to be identified said she was his neighbor on Samuel Drive in Norcross and they went to Berkmar High School together.

“I didn’t want him looking at me. I didn’t want him talking to me,” the woman said.

That’s how the former officer made the woman feel after she says he broke into her home in 2018 and stole her underwear when she was 16.

[...]

In February 2018, a police report shows another Berkmar classmate said Bryant tried to break into her home.

“The homeowner, in that case, did not want to wish to prosecute. And so that case ultimately was resolved,” Gwinnett County Chief J.D. McClure said.

[...]

FEB 24, 2023
[...]

The 22-year-old claimed he was busy working as a courtesy officer at the Sterling Glen Apartment when someone stole his Glock 19 handgun, his military ID, and his wallet with credit and debit cards in it.

Bryant also lives in the complex. It is also the same property where Morales, a Berkman High School freshman, was walking home the night before.

[...]

"We believe that Miles was armed at that night, and we believe at some point he simply lost the weapon there," Gwinnett County Police Chief J.D. McClure commented.

Police said they do not believe Bryant fired the weapon during the deadly encounter, but they do not know if he used the weapon to force the teen to go with him.

[...]

Gwinnett County Police released the police report then Doraville police officer Miles Bryant, 22, filed the day after Susanna Morales went missing in July.

Bryant had said he was working as a courtesy officer at the Sterling Glen Apartment complex when someone stole his handgun, his military ID and his wallet containing credit and debit cards. Bryant also lives at the apartment complex, as does Morales, a high school freshman who was walking home the night before the former cop filed the report.

Bryant claimed he left his truck door unlocked when the theft allegedly occurred. However, Gwinnett County's police chief said investigators found the handgun in the same wooded area where Morales' remains were discovered.

They did not live in the same complex.

per Gwinnett County Police:
"...At approximately 6:00 p.m., Morales left her home on Santa Anna Drive in Norcross, walking to a friend's house nearby. Morales had her cell phone with her, but her family had not spoken to her since leaving her home. Morales's last known location was in Oak Loch Trace."

Bryant's address is listed on the arrest warrant as Windscape Village Ln. where he lived and worked as a courtesy officer for the Sterling Glen Apartments.
Susana --according to police-- lived on Santa Anna Dr. NW. (A 17 minute walk from her friend's apartment on Windscape Village Lane)

So then did Susana's friend who she was visiting before going missing live in the same complex as Bryant? If so, still could be a long term stalking thing. Sounds like his MO based on other women's stories in the news.

The former Georgia police officer charged with the murder and kidnapping of a 16-year-old girl who went missing in July is facing new charges in connection with the alleged stalking and burglary of another woman.

He was charged with first-degree burglary in Snellville.

“The homeowner, in that case, did not want to wish to prosecute. And so that case ultimately was resolved,” Gwinnett County Chief J.D. McClure said.

[...]
Resolved isn't the word, dude. You don't get credit for a "resolution" when you haven't actually protected your citizens.

Try this: The victim didn't trust the police to protect her and therefore didn't choose to prosecute. This turned out to be a good choice since THE PERPETRATOR WAS POLICE.

Why does the county have a police department anyway? In my state, county level law enforcement is a sheriff's department and the sheriff needs to run for re-election on a term to term basis. The city police on the other hand are more known to be half-assed but even they (including the chief) can be fired by the mayor/city council who can be pressured by citizens at the public meetings. I wonder what the process would be like for county police. I have to assume that it's possible for The People to demand a house cleaning because it's hard to imagine that this police force is anything less than inept and possibly straight corrupt

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back