SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty convinced his attorneys came up with this opiod addiction thing to explain all the gray area...not saying he did not take them from time to time but I find it hard to believe he maintained that lifestyle with the addiction he is now claiming

I'm from the deep South and think of it as being polite/courteous. I've been fortunate to travel the world and try to be polite to all people I come in contact.

My father (WW2 veteran, from the Plains) would not tolerate it. He said it was un-American. Customs do not always translate across even our own nation, much less the world.

He said calling people "sir" in particular was a military thing and he, though a patriot and a decorated veteran, did *not* want military methods used in polite company.

And my mom's family (Southern) totally agreed - citing this as a reason to leave the South. We're not all Anglo-Europeans, though. If someone uses "sir" or "ma'am" for every person of the same rank, I find that okay - but I don't like that people have to telegraph rank. So, growing up, all of us kids (cousins to the Nth degree) were banned from using it and taught it was a sign of hierarchy.

Cultures differ.

IMO. (I personally try to tolerate ma'am and sir, but...it's not culturally a part of my own Western US community - nor many European or Latin American communities - I haven't been or studied elsewhere).

People cut Americans a wide swath, fortunately, as we all make mistakes when abroad.

IMO

Ya'll this documentary on Netfix is sharing some things that already in the first 18 minutes are just like wow...

I know each documenery is going to be slanted one way or another, but these were Paul's friends, those closest to him sharing their thoughts on Paul and the family dynamic so I think we can assume their thoughts are at least true for what they observed/where part of.

His girlfriend say Paul didn't get the same love/attention that Buster did. Buster wanted to be a big lawyer like his dad.. She shared that Maggie doted on Buster more and that Paul felt like the black sheep of the family. He didn't want to be a lawyer.

Already the explanations of the drinking that Maggie and Alex allowed is disturbing. Paul was an alcoholic as a teenager.. no doubt in my mind. What is being shared is so extremely disturbing. :( They have videos of him and the family during some of his drinking.

Then Paul's girlfriend said that Gloria gave Paul what Maggie didn't.. she was Paul's second mother.

Watching this now. Wow. Paul literally had no parents. He had "friends" who let him drink underage, gave him every toy in the world. Gave alcohol to his underage friends.

Any surprise that this ended badly? With him driving a boat intoxicated? And Mallory Beach, dead.

I'm from the South and never hunted but I can hit a target. My brother is a big hunter and can toss up an Aspirin and hit it with a pellet gun.

And you can *not* hit something if you wish (like someone's brain). Alex relied on CE to miss. Which is easier.

IMO.

Watching this now. Wow. Paul literally had no parents. He had "friends" who let him drink underage, gave him every toy in the world. Gave alcohol to his underage friends.

Any surprise that this ended badly? With him driving a boat intoxicated? And Mallory Beach, dead.
That accident when he was drinking and driving his truck. His girlfriend calls 911 and he hangs the phone up and calls his grandpa and then his dad.. they show up and take all the guns from the truck and all the alcohol.

This should have been the wake up call.. seems it wasn't. They just scolded his girlfriend for calling 911 because it could have gotten Paul into trouble.

I just have to wonder how AM got into SC law school...bet Daddy had lots to do with that too
I have a vague memory of reading an article a few years back that a lot of AM's cases at the law firm were referrals from his father, who was also at the law firm at the time. If that's true, maybe his income dropped when his father stopped practicing law. JMO.

You can now add a jailhouse contraband charge to the ‘Murdaugh Murders’ crime and corruption saga …

According to Colleton County authorities, Murdaugh is staring down this misdemeanor charge in the aftermath of receiving contraband material from a family member earlier during the trial.

<snip>
In addition to improper communication and contact with the defendant, “one family member is alleged to have passed an ‘undisclosed item’ to Murdaugh through one of his attorneys – resulting in a court-ordered drug test of the defendant, whose alleged addiction to opioids has become one of the themes of these proceedings.”

It is not clear whether the family member who passed the book to Murdaugh will also be charged …

News of the misdemeanor was first reportedby Avery Wilks of The (Charleston, S.C.) Post and Courier.

According to our sources, Colleton County sheriff’s office deputies had intended to wait until the conclusion of Murdaugh’s double homicide trial to formally charge him with the misdemeanor but for some unknown reason the warrant was entered this afternoon.

That accident when he was drinking and driving his truck. His girlfriend calls 911 and he hangs the phone up and calls his grandpa and then his dad.. they show up and take all the guns from the truck and all the alcohol.

This should have been the wake up call.. seems it wasn't. They just scolded his girlfriend for calling 911 because it could have gotten Paul into trouble.

Insanity. It isn't like this family didn't have the resources to get help for their son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rhysiare