SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
the first interview IMO is always the key. his demeanor in describing in detail how and why he touched the bodies (in between the snorting and "distress') and can clearly explain PM's cell phone and his interaction AND thoughts about PM's phone...that detail is a red flag. considering the horrendous crime scene.

the "ever ready to lie AM" made sure he mentioned the phone in his first LE interview IMO because of where/how the phone was discovered.

that trailing off in the first LE interview about discovery of the bodies, he tells how he tried to turn paul over and cell phone popped out. then says: quote: "started to trying to do something with it thinking maybe...but then I put it back down really quickly". didnt finish his maybe sentence.

....well....reasonable questions: thinking maybe what???? do what with it???? when the video/audio surfaced he concocted a 'new story' concerning his whereabouts and tried a round peg square hole story. leaving Paul's phone: did he forget about the audio/video and the possibility his voice was on it? why take MM phone and not both?

Ah, that is why Buster doesn't care about finishing law school, and shows up to court each day with a driver who opens his door. He has income from the trust. Which, he doesn't have to share with his brother.

I personally don't buy that AM tried to get killed so Buster would have the $10 million in insurance. I think it was a plan to show people were out to kill him. AM doesn't think of anyone but himself.

Agree completely

AM is amoral. He cares about no one but himself.

AM was looking for an out because his company had just opened the lid on his massive financial crimes and he was going to go to jail. As an opiate addict, he was probably in severe panic about being cut off.

I wonder if LE ever got a toxicology report from his admission to the hospital after the fake assault.

The Buster thing was just another cynical ploy for sympathy.

Like in the Idaho murders, yet another crime that might've gone unsolved back in the old days. How ironic that Paul, the less-loved son, might get to send his dad to prison.
I'm curious about the less-loved son part. I know Paul's ex-girlfriend said that in the Netflix documentary but that was the first time I'd heard it.

At the beginning of Alex’s testimony he talks about getting paranoid “and then I lied.” He went on to fake cry and apologize to his family members and “especially Maggie and Paul. I would never intentionally hurt my wife or son.” If he’s apologizing for lying to the police, why include Maggie and Paul? Why mention hurting them if he’s talking about lying to police? He didn’t hurt Maggie and Paul by lying to police; he hurt them by killing them. I think he forgot himself in that moment.
I assume he meant he hurt them by impeding the investigation.

About the snorting and sniffing...It is possible AM is using some actor's tricks to cry on command, one of which is applying menthol under the eyes or nose. As a generation X member, I'd like to reference the substance from my childhood called "mentholatum," the unholy *advertiser censored* child of menthol and petroleum jelly. It makes everything, including your nose, water. I think actors apply it or something similar on their face, and then use subtle movements to move it into their eyes as needed. Just a complete guess. Althoughm I think that the same hammy actor who suddenly came down with a brutal case of corny nicknames for everyone might try something this sneaky and cheesy.

Also, IIRC, dry throat is one of the involuntary physiological responses to stress. When my old job involved public speaking, I would get a weird tickling in my throat which would result in incessant coughing while speaking. Over time, the pattern stopped when I became accustomed to speaking regularly. Court itself is not stressful for A, but being on trial and lying through your teeth is.
Mentholatum ( such as in Vicks Vapo-Rub ) would be very easily detectable in the room

It's not very subtle.

At the beginning of Alex’s testimony he talks about getting paranoid “and then I lied.” He went on to fake cry and apologize to his family members and “especially Maggie and Paul. I would never intentionally hurt my wife or son.” If he’s apologizing for lying to the police, why include Maggie and Paul? Why mention hurting them if he’s talking about lying to police? He didn’t hurt Maggie and Paul by lying to police; he hurt them by killing them. I think he forgot himself in that moment.

Yeah. That was a slip-up. He didn't apologize to his other son, did he?

Possibly delivery of drugs, a jail house trick. Some drugs can be infused onto paper, as in books, and it is a way to deliver without suspicion until it is discovered.
The book itself sounds too innocent. MO - a drug delivery.
IF true, a delivery of drugs needs to keep him from going in to withdrawal during trial. Wouldn't that be something to see????

I've been thinking about why Alex is continuing to say he took an outrageous number of pills per day and came up with a theory - it's because of his drug trafficking charges which probably carry a decently long sentence so he does not want to admit it.

He's taking the chance that the sentences for the fraud charges will be run concurrently and that he will be able to get off on the drug and murder charges. Then there will be a possibility that he gets out of prison before he dies.

Thats brilliant and makes total sense! Notice how he talks so freely and is an open book about ‘taking drugs’. He wants the jury to see how transparent he is, that he was on such a high amount and how bad he was for sneaking around, hiding and causing stress for everyone!

“Been clean for 531 days” It’s all a facade to deflect attention from trafficking. Look at me I’ve done everything I’m supposed to because I know how bad I was and how it hurt the people I loved. “I was so so bad”. He is repetitive and over board on the details of his use. He wants everyone to look in this direction over here so he is going all out in a confession.

The medical commentators are pointing at the amount he was supposedly using and laughing at him because if he took as much as he said he would be dead.

CW asked if he was taking 60 a day, he said yes and sometimes more than that. CW said how much more, and he kept painting it darker. (the above 60 daily amount is paraphrased).

ETA: I failed to mention what you pointed out “this is for lesser charges”

Last edited:
I really don't know if AM pulled the trigger but I am convinced that his actions caused the death of MM and PM. Either he did it or he knows who did it, probably at his request or because he owed someone. Regardless he's involved, imo. So a guilty verdict is fine with me, he deserves to spend the rest of his life in a cell.

Edited to add: this podcast was just analyzing and explaining why things happen in the trial or their take on different things.. didn't talk about speculations or rumors or anything like that.. just analysis of his testimony and explaining various things from a prosecutors point of view of why things were done.

I was just listening to a podcast called The Prosecutors. They are both prosecutors and they did an episode on Alex testifying. It was good and explained why he had to take the stand. They said nobody else could explain why he lied about being at the kennel and since the defense wasn't disputing the fact that he was at the kennel and didn't even really ask any questions about it or try to change the mind of those that testified to that being Alex's voice.. they just didn't even touch the subject.. it was because Alex was always going to take the stand because he knew he had to explain why he lied.

They said because he took the stand, the trial does change somewhat because the jurors really just need to decide if they believe Alex or not. If they don't believe him, he's guilty (basically).

Also, another interesting point they said exactly what we all were thinking about Waters dragging out the first day talking about the financials because he wanted to have that night to review all of Alex's testimony from direct and come up with the plan to discuss the night of the 6th without breaking that part up.

They think Waters did a great job from a prosecution standpoint. They said there likely was never going to be a big perry mason moment because this man is a lawyer. They knew there wouldn't be a moment like that and that usually doesn't happen.. (just in the movies.. lol).

One other point was that Alex only pled guilty to some of those financial charges.. something about the 700,000, but nothing else and they got him to admit to each of them, the person and the specifics and that will sink him on that stuff.

Last edited:
Why in the world would she sneak that book to him? Interesting. Will any thing happen to her?
I am wondering the same.

Is the book itself contraband, as in his reading material must be scrutinized, or is it more nefarious? Did she attempt to pass him a note hidden in the book?

Worse, did she attempt to pass him drugs somehow? I don’t know how that could be done, but she took quite a chance in doing whatever she did.

Could she get charged with tampering, or contempt of court, or something?

I know very little about this.

Am I hearing things!? In Alex's testimony yesterday, at minute mark 2:42:22, when explaining why he didn't want to go to the kennels, does he actually say "when you go to the kennel, you always end up getting shot, the dogs are running around..." Does he mean "shot" as "getting worn out"? What a morbid choice of words!!! Here's the link:
L & C livestream 2/24
I think he said “shop,” which I gather is what he called the large building opposite the kennels. I think he was saying that when he goes to the kennels, he tends to get busy at the shop and so, gets sweaty and, since he claims he had just taken a shower, he didn’t want that.

Whether that is true or fabrication on the fly is anyone’s guess.

Ah, that is why Buster doesn't care about finishing law school, and shows up to court each day with a driver who opens his door. He has income from the trust. Which, he doesn't have to share with his brother.

I personally don't buy that AM tried to get killed so Buster would have the $10 million in insurance. I think it was a plan to show people were out to kill him. AM doesn't think of anyone but himself.
Exactly how I've felt since the failed 'suicide'. I've even hated that it's called a failed suicide. He was no more going to kill himself.... That suicide story is self serving and would make Buster feel obligated to him and the public would feel that he was remorseful for his evil deeds. Ha!
Don't forget that it was the addiction that caused all of his misdeeds. So after rehab, he expected to look like he's no longer a threat, he's clean. Since the drug paranoia was the motivation... He is and always will be a liar...a self-serving, manipulative liar.

About the snorting and sniffing...It is possible AM is using some actor's tricks to cry on command, one of which is applying menthol under the eyes or nose. As a generation X member, I'd like to reference the substance from my childhood called "mentholatum," the unholy *advertiser censored* child of menthol and petroleum jelly. It makes everything, including your nose, water. I think actors apply it or something similar on their face, and then use subtle movements to move it into their eyes as needed. Just a complete guess. Although, I think that the same hammy actor who suddenly came down with a brutal case of corny nicknames for everyone might try something this sneaky and cheesy.

Also, IIRC, dry throat is one of the involuntary physiological responses to stress. When my old job involved public speaking, I would get a weird tickling in my throat which would result in incessant coughing while speaking. Over time, the pattern stopped when I became accustomed to speaking regularly. Court itself is not stressful for A, but being on trial and lying through your teeth is.

It’s highly likely that he is doing something to bring on the tears and snorts. Salts or white pepper?

He didn’t snort snot when Bus Bus or MP testified. That should have brought the anguish on. He hasn’t snorted while he is at the table with counsel. It’s hard to pull that phony off when you are sandwiched between 2 people who know you are guilty.

Can defendants be frisked before testifying?

Thats brilliant and makes total sense! Notice how he talks so freely and is an open book about ‘taking drugs’. He wants the jury to see how transparent he is, that he was on such a high amount and how bad he was for sneaking around, hiding and causing stress for everyone!

“Been clean for 531 days” It’s all a facade to deflect attention from trafficking. Look at me I’ve done everything I’m supposed to because I know how bad I was and how it hurt the people I loved. “I was so so bad”. He is repetitive and over board on the details of his use. He wants everyone to look in this direction over here so he is going all out in a confession.

The medical commentators are pointing at the amount he was supposedly using and laughing at him because if he took as much as he said he would be dead.

CW asked if he was taking 60 a day, he said yes and sometimes more than that. CW said how much more, and he kept painting it darker. (the above 60 daily amount is paraphrased).
I want proof by way of tox screen. DHusband is a physician and does not believe his habit, as described.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627