SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't know if AM pulled the trigger but I am convinced that his actions caused the death of MM and PM. Either he did it or he knows who did it, probably at his request or because he owed someone. Regardless he's involved, imo. So a guilty verdict is fine with me, he deserves to spend the rest of his life in a cell.
While anything is possible, for me it is not probable - it’s just too tight of a window and too coincidental for a third-party to get so lucky to find Paul and Maggie at the kennels alone when they weren’t even planning on being at Moselle that night, find them in the few minutes between Alex leaving the kennel and leaving the property to go to Almeda and using the same type of weapons the family owned. Add in Alex lying about that specific timeframe, why was that necessary for him? Only the killer knows that is when they were killed. He could’ve easily said we were all together at the kennel and when I left them they were alive. If he had been honest, it would have given LE a more accurate timeline, I believe he lied, because he killed them. I also believe that he had hired out the killing he would not have been anywhere near where they were killed. MOO

Last edited:
Exactly how I've felt since the failed 'suicide'. I've even hated that it's called a failed suicide. He was no more going to kill himself.... That suicide story is self serving and would make Buster feel obligated to him and the public would feel that he was remorseful for his evil deeds. Ha!
Don't forget that it was the addiction that caused all of his misdeeds. So after rehab, he expected to look like he's no longer a threat, he's clean. Since the drug paranoia was the motivation... He is and always will be a liar...a self-serving, manipulative liar.
I actually think it was possibly a set up to kill Eddie because I think Eddie knows a lot of things. I think Eddie was a loose cannon though so they didn't put him on the stand because of it, but that man likely knows about more than just Alex's drug stuff. I think it's hard to believe Eddie or Alex, but at this point I'd believe more of what Eddie said about that night than what Alex says about it. I think Eddie was afraid Alex was trying to shoot him.. maybe they did fight over the gun and it just so happen to graze Alex. I think if Alex could have, he would have shot Eddie and made up some ridiculous scenario where the same people after Paul were after him and Eddie just stopped to help him with the tire and Eddie was shot instead of Alex. Or he could have said Eddie tried to kill him and that Eddie is the one that killed Paul and Maggie.

I am wondering the same.

Is the book itself contraband, as in his reading material must be scrutinized, or is it more nefarious? Did she attempt to pass him a note hidden in the book?

Worse, did she attempt to pass him drugs somehow? I don’t know how that could be done, but she took quite a chance in doing whatever she did.

Could she get charged with tampering, or contempt of court, or something?

I know very little about this.

I hope there is some punitive measure taken. An example needs to be set that it doesn’t matter what your name is, you are held accountable like every other person.

She may say ‘I didn’t do anything wrong, I did what I did”

These are such good points. This entire family is completely dysfunctional IMO. It reminds me of Ruth Madoff. Eventually she cut ties with Bernie after he was in jail but it took a while. Even at the cost of her relationship with her sons.
Ruth finally cut ties with Bernie when she learned of his affair (while he was incarcerated). She was loyal until that information was exposed and validated by her. Hopefully, Buster will do the same now that he's aware of the truth of his fathers true character. It's not only dysfunctional, it's toxic. IMO.

Possibly delivery of drugs, a jail house trick. Some drugs can be infused onto paper, as in books, and it is a way to deliver without suspicion until it is discovered.
The book itself sounds too innocent. MO - a drug delivery.
But would that be a misdemeanor? I’d love to see another Murdaugh arrested. Lol

I want proof by way of tox screen. DHusband is a physician and does not believe his habit, as described.
What makes his habit as he described so far fetched is he claims not a single person in his familyl (except his dad father) knew he was on drugs. How did he go to a week long detox at least twice since 2017 and many other times he was trying to detox at home on his own and in that time he never looked sick, had issues that prevented him from working, had to call in or show up looking bad? His brother he worked with, his mother, or her caregiver as she progressed in her disease?

In the Netflix documentary it was shared that Gloria had found some of his pills in a baggie taped under his bed once. I think it was said she told Paul about it and didn't want to tell Maggie for fear Maggie would think she was snooping. People would have seen something if they were all as close as Alex claims they are (his siblings and extended family).. yet he said nobody but Buster, Maggie, Paul, and his dad ever saw him with withdrawals or something like that. So he never was without pills then or what?

Mentholatum ( such as in Vicks Vapo-Rub ) would be very easily detectable in the room

It's not very subtle.
Good point! I also think it'd be obvious if suddenly he started ordering it from the commisary. I do think menthol is in other products like chapstick that might have an additional fragrance.

I've conducted a thought experiment about what alternatives I might find in prison for this project...

Maybe jalapenos or some other type of pepper? Black pepper in a pinch? Aftershave? Hair products like hairspray?

I did read that one actor yanks out a nose hair for this purpose. That makes my eyes water just thinking about that. I think that would be difficult to accomplish undetected.

I just don't know what is possible after this trial, and it has started to make me entertain some odd ideas about what AM is capable of doing. Once you've seen the human mask slip and expose the lizard man, you just can't rule anything out.

What makes his habit as he described so far fetched is he claims not a single person in his familyl (except his dad father) knew he was on drugs. How did he go to a week long detox at least twice since 2017 and many other times he was trying to detox at home on his own and in that time he never looked sick, had issues that prevented him from working, had to call in or show up looking bad? His brother he worked with, his mother, or her caregiver as she progressed in her disease?

In the Netflix documentary it was shared that Gloria had found some of his pills in a baggie taped under his bed once. I think it was said she told Paul about it and didn't want to tell Maggie for fear Maggie would think she was snooping. People would have seen something if they were all as close as Alex claims they are (his siblings and extended family).. yet he said nobody but Buster, Maggie, Paul, and his dad ever saw him with withdrawals or something like that. So he never was without pills then or what?
There's no one left to corroborate his withdrawal stories except Buster. How convenient. Withdrawal isn't easy. There's a tissue tolerance and every cell in the body is screaming for more. Detox is also dangerous and there have been many heart attacks during hospital rehab. AM would be climbing the walls and doing all he could to get his hands on the substance. That also tells me that his 'addiction' wasn't as described.

Whoever, the Trustee is, that person is certainly in Alex's pocket

He's the trustee most likely. The trustor is usually the initial trustee. He will be trustee till he is either unwilling, unable or dies.

Trusts protect your estate from probate. Without a trust, it would be up to the probate court to decide what happens with your property.

It’s highly likely that he is doing something to bring on the tears and snorts. Salts or white pepper?

He didn’t snort snot when Bus Bus or MP testified. That should have brought the anguish on. He hasn’t snorted while he is at the table with counsel. It’s hard to pull that phony off when you are sandwiched between 2 people who know you are guilty.

Can defendants be frisked before testifying?
As soon as the defense request for AM to use the lavatory before he took the stand, I was like “He’s got to get a hit of something!”.

There's no one left to corroborate his withdrawal stories except Buster. How convenient. Withdrawal isn't easy. There's a tissue tolerance and every cell in the body is screaming for more. Detox is also dangerous and there have been many heart attacks during hospital rehab. AM would be climbing the walls and doing all he could to get his hands on the substance. That also tells me that his 'addiction' wasn't as described.
But he was successful in making people talk about something besides the murders. I believe he trafficked in drugs so therefore he is rsponsible for the deaths of MANY addicts. Then he murdered his wife and son. They better find this man guilty!

Yes. I believe nothing that AM says. JMO.
Same here, and just to be safe, I am skeptical of anything coming from anyone in his near-circles of friends, attorneys, law-partners, associates who worked with him in the 14th District Solicitor’s office, and family (Murdaugh side), unless it can be independently verified outside of those circles. They all seem to serve themselves and the truth only when it is consistent with that.

So, not cousin Eddie, not brothers RM4 and JMM in the GMA public relations appearance or any public statement since, not JG and DH, not any of the law partners who took the stand, not Chris Wilson (except to the extent his statements and testimony could be independently verified/corroborated), not the Palmetto Bank official (was it CEO or Board Chairman who testified?…and how the heck did a bank which is subject to periodic examination manage to escape detection of LaFitte’s wrongdoing for so long?), not the longtime family employee Barbara Mixson who unfortunately seems so Intertwined with Murdaughs that she has been duped by them (if being kind…it may just be that she knows where her bread is buttered and that Is the extent of her commitment to truth).

I want proof by way of tox screen. DHusband is a physician and does not believe his habit, as described.

Same here. Documentation from rehab, proof from where & who supplied the drugs. I don’t think he has been asked where he purchased the drugs-the source, manufacturer, fake storefront, middle man, guy on the street corner, etc.

Considering the amount he claims to have taken there should be a genuine concern of the origin of the drug ring supply. If he were stopped in the airport he would have been faced with all sorts of inquiries.

Where is the DEA??

“Breaking Bad”

At the end of Day 24 in a trial that was supposed to last three weeks, Murdaugh probably convinced at least some of the jurors who teared up during his emotional testimony that he couldn’t be the killer. His tears and sniffles were real. But so are the tears of sociopaths, who can cry while feeling no emotion if it serves their interests. I wonder if anyone else noticed how swiftly Murdaugh could switch from emotional devastation to focused, factual recitation. At times it seemed as if two different people were on the stand.

Either Alex Murdaugh is one of the world’s most talented unrecognized actors — and, therefore, one of the most highly functional sociopaths in criminal history — or he’s just a conniving drug addict who bilked vulnerable clients of millions to feed his habit and underwrite a high life, and whose wife and son were brutally murdered by precision-trained assassins using two guns exactly like those owned by the Murdaughs.
It was a high-risk gamble, indeed.

Good point! I also think it'd be obvious if suddenly he started ordering it from the commisary. I do think menthol is in other products like chapstick that might have an additional fragrance.

I've conducted a thought experiment about what alternatives I might find in prison for this project...

Maybe jalapenos or some other type of pepper? Black pepper in a pinch? Aftershave? Hair products like hairspray?

I did read that one actor yanks out a nose hair for this purpose. That makes my eyes water just thinking about that. I think that would be difficult to accomplish undetected.

I just don't know what is possible after this trial, and it has started to make me entertain some odd ideas about what AM is capable of doing. Once you've seen the human mask slip and expose the lizard man, you just can't rule anything out.
Remember, just before taking the stand for the first time, AM was looking around desperately for something for his lips. Someone passed him a chap stick that he used immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member