Found Deceased IA - Xavior Harrelson, 10, neighbor reported X missing, Montezuma, 27 May 2021 #2

Updated: 8:38 PM CST Jan 30, 202

POLK COUNTY, Iowa —
Sarah Harrelson, the mother of Xavior Harrelson, plans to plead guilty to selling methamphetamine to an undercover officer.

Court records show that Sarah Harrelson will be sentenced in March for her guilty plea. Prosecutors are recommending a 10-year suspended sentence and probation.

FEB 1, 2023
Sarah Harrelson, 43, of Des Moines sold $620 worth of meth to an undercover police officer in February 2022, according to a criminal complaint. Last month, Harrelson pleaded guilty to one count of delivery of a controlled substance.

Her plea agreement recommends a suspended sentence of up to 10 years in prison. She is scheduled to be sentenced March 14.

Did she mastermind this? Probably not? Did she step up and prevent/intervene in the death of Xavior? No! Was she complicent in his death? Imo..most likely! She failed xavior on many levels! I pray we don’t fail as well! Justice for those that whose passings happen without our eyes and ears but may their passing be no less blessed and may they know that in their passing there names are said! Today may the name be Xavior!
Not giving up on justice for this little guy!

Not giving up on justice for this little guy!
So strange how time goes…I sometimes feel that it has been weeks before I have checked in and seen updates on cases dear to me! Then I come across a thread that says that I just checked in on Saturday and it hasn’t been a week and there’s nothing new!? I feel certain that it has been longer and there must be some new update, some hope! It haunts me that there is no update when with the speed of internet and social media we are exposed to lightning flashes of instant news, we think there should be instant progress. I can‘t begin to think of the despair a family member must feel! I can only say I will keep checking back and that I pray Justice will be served!

Tuesday, March 14th:
*Sentencing Hearing (@ 9am CT) - IA – Xavior Christopher-Tyler Harrelson (10) (went missing May 27, 2021, last seen at 11am riding his bike near his home, Montezuma, found on Sept. 30, 2021 by a farmer tending his bean crop near 110th Street & Ewart Road, about 4 miles from Xavior's home; id confirmed on Oct. 15, 2021; his birthday was May 30, 2021). Poweshiek County
*Sarah Kay Harrelson (42/now 43) arrested & charged (10/31/22) & arraigned (12/16/22) with 2 counts of controlled substance violation & 1 count of failure to affix drug stamp. Plead not guilty. Bond @ $10K, $5K & $25K. Polk County
Trial was set to begin on 2/13/23 was cancelled. Plea hearing on 1/24/23 & plead guilty, sentencing on 3/14/23.
Missing information on Xavior & court info on Sarah from 5/29/21 thru 12/16/22 reference post #558 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...issing-montezuma-27-may-2021-2.578920/page-28

12/21/22: Notice of additional/substituted witnesses. 1/9/23: Hearing on 1/12/23 was cancelled. Plea hearing on 1/24/23 @ 10am.
1/24/23 Update: Harrelson sold $620 worth of meth to an undercover police officer in February 2022, according to a criminal complaint. Last month, Harrelson plead guilty to one count of delivery of a controlled substance. Her plea agreement recommends a suspended sentence of up to 10 years in prison. She is scheduled to be sentenced on 3/14/23 @ 9am. Order to accept plea. Order for PSI.

This is the first I’ve learned of SH’s meth charges. It’s probably not looking great for her to be indicted on charges for X’s death. She will be locked up (for a while) though, so there’s that, I guess.

I’m so grossed out by the way justice does not always prevail.

FEB 1, 2023
Sarah Harrelson, 43, of Des Moines sold $620 worth of meth to an undercover police officer in February 2022, according to a criminal complaint. Last month, Harrelson pleaded guilty to one count of delivery of a controlled substance.

Her plea agreement recommends a suspended sentence of up to 10 years in prison. She is scheduled to be sentenced March 14.

She was facing 2 Controlled Substance Charges and 1 Failure to affix a drug stamp where all 3 charges are Class B Felonies. That's some serious jail time, and the plea agreement recommending a suspended sentence of up to 10 years is a good deal.

While a suspended sentence was recommended, I'm wondering if the Court is in agreement since the DOC- Central Office actually filed a Presentence Investigation Report PSI with the Court on 3/6/23. In my experience, this is typical in federal court but State courts don't generally have the resources to order a PSI if there is not going to be any time served.

I guess we have to wait and see on 3/14/23. And I'm still curious about the unnamed woman that was part of this arrest.

She was facing 2 Controlled Substance Charges and 1 Failure to affix a drug stamp where all 3 charges are Class B Felonies. That's some serious jail time, and the plea agreement recommending a suspended sentence of up to 10 years is a good deal.

While a suspended sentence was recommended, I'm wondering if the Court is in agreement since the DOC- Central Office actually filed a Presentence Investigation Report PSI with the Court on 3/6/23. In my experience, this is typical in federal court but State courts don't generally have the resources to order a PSI if there is not going to be any time served.

I guess we have to wait and see on 3/14/23. And I'm still curious about the unnamed woman that was part of this arrest.

Today is her sentencing.

POLK COUNTY, Iowa —
The mother of missing Montezuma boy Xavior Harrelson was sentenced Tuesday morning on a felony drug charge.

Sarah Harrelson pleaded guilty to one count of delivering methamphetamine back in January.

The judge gave Harrelson a 10-year suspended sentence and two years probation.

Her lawyers explained in court that she's been homeless since bailing out of jail. She's been living at shelters in Des Moines, according to her lawyers.

She's also been diagnosed with a nervous system disease and had her left leg amputated.

Sarah Harrelson's 10-year-old son, Xavior, disappeared from his Montezuma home in May of 2021.

His body was found four months later in a field just outside Montezuma.

This must depend on each state, in one state where I worked we did PSIs for every felony. In another state we did PSIs for every misdemeanor and felony. Granted in the second state nearly every case that came across my desk was originally a felony that was pleaded down to a misdemeanor.

This is what google has to say about PSIs in Iowa:

For all Class "B," "C," or "D" Felonies, the Court is required by the Code of Iowa to order a Presentence Investigation (PSI) to be completed by the District. The Court may order Presentence Investigations for misdemeanor cases.

POLK COUNTY, Iowa —
The mother of missing Montezuma boy Xavior Harrelson was sentenced Tuesday morning on a felony drug charge.

Sarah Harrelson pleaded guilty to one count of delivering methamphetamine back in January.

The judge gave Harrelson a 10-year suspended sentence and two years probation.

Her lawyers explained in court that she's been homeless since bailing out of jail. She's been living at shelters in Des Moines, according to her lawyers.

She's also been diagnosed with a nervous system disease and had her left leg amputated.

Sarah Harrelson's 10-year-old son, Xavior, disappeared from his Montezuma home in May of 2021.

His body was found four months later in a field just outside Montezuma.
IMO, her current conditions don't exactly sound ideal for somebody on probation. Tragic. I wish she'd talk about what really happened the night her child lost his life. MOO

I find it weird she was selling drugs just a few short months after her son was found deceased. This woman was portrayed has incapable of committing a crime but yet she has,she plead guilty. He was found like 4 miles from home . Mom knows idc .

I find it weird she was selling drugs just a few short months after her son was found deceased. This woman was portrayed has incapable of committing a crime but yet she has,she plead guilty. He was found like 4 miles from home . Mom knows idc .
I don't think she was ever really portrayed as incapable of committing a crime, was she? I really doubt she's physically capable of what happened to her son and there was certainly no benefit for her. It's just a sad deal all the way, hard for me to even really understand what a life full of hardship to that degree must be like.

I don't think she was ever really portrayed as incapable of committing a crime, was she? I really doubt she's physically capable of what happened to her son and there was certainly no benefit for her. It's just a sad deal all the way, hard for me to even really understand what a life full of hardship to that degree must be like.
We still don't know what happened to Xavior and how he died.

Probably not capable of harming her child, but a disabled person can definitely do plenty of other terrible things.

Where is this coming from that she was incapable of harming Xavior? I haven't read that anywhere, I'd agree she'd probably need assistance to move his body where it was left, but I think she could have killed him.
IMO, this was the opinion of other.

There was certainly nothing by authorities ruling anybody out including SH-- and certainly not citing her limited mobility.

We still don't know what happened to Xavior and how he died.
She clearly could have a direct connnection to what happened to her son. There was arguing and then there was silence. She knows what happened and her silence is and was damning. He died because of her action or inaction…justice For this child…always..not giving up!

IMO, this was the opinion of other.

There was certainly nothing by authorities ruling anybody out including SH-- and certainly not citing her limited mobility.
There was a history of abuse where Xavior was removed from the home. So, that would even give credence to the ability to harm. I'm with you. Her abilities do not rule her out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteRaven
Back