SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM I caught that too -- it was in the second day of AM on the stand but I don't know the timestamp.

I've said this before, but with each example, I'm more convinced that if you listen to AM and keep him talking, he eventually tells on himself.

- First description of Paul: "he was an intuitive little dude, like a little detective" (the murders have something to do with Paul's "detective work" in continually finding and tossing and hassling him about his pills)
- First descriptor of his relationship with Maggie: "She didn't work" (and they were having money problems -- a point of frustration for Alex as he became more desperate for money and she kept spending?)
- "When Maggie asked me to leave," (I bet that some of their confrontations involved asking him to leave, perhaps until he could agree to go to rehab - perhaps there was a version of that conversation that morning, or that night?)
- "Whoever did this had been thinking of it for a long time," (hmmmmm... how did he know that?)
- "There was no one else there, because if there had been, the dogs would have gone crazy" (paraphrase, but he said something along those lines on Friday... and of course they didn't go crazy because they knew everyone there)

And I couldn't help but wonder if he identified with Bubba... the one Maggie loved the most... the dog who didn't really mean to kill the chicken.

All MOO
100%. And can add to that, I believe from his testimony on Friday, something along the lines that he knew the murderers had his slain wife’s cell phone!
Pretty sure I heard that in some testimony from the defendant late on cross. MO.

BBM I caught that too -- it was in the second day of AM on the stand but I don't know the timestamp.

I've said this before, but with each example, I'm more convinced that if you listen to AM and keep him talking, he eventually tells on himself.

- First description of Paul: "he was an intuitive little dude, like a little detective" (the murders have something to do with Paul's "detective work" in continually finding and tossing and hassling him about his pills)
- First descriptor of his relationship with Maggie: "She didn't work" (and they were having money problems -- a point of frustration for Alex as he became more desperate for money and she kept spending?)
- "When Maggie asked me to leave," (I bet that some of their confrontations involved asking him to leave, perhaps until he could agree to go to rehab - perhaps there was a version of that conversation that morning, or that night?)
- "Whoever did this had been thinking of it for a long time," (hmmmmm... how did he know that?)
- "There was no one else there, because if there had been, the dogs would have gone crazy" (paraphrase, but he said something along those lines on Friday... and of course they didn't go crazy because they knew everyone there)

And I couldn't help but wonder if he identified with Bubba... the one Maggie loved the most... the dog who didn't really mean to kill the chicken.

All MOO
this was painful to listen to but here ya go.... I found the statement: "after maggie asked me to leave" then in the same breath corrects it "after maggie asked me to go with her".

SORRY on this link screen its 22:41

Last edited:
excuse me if this has already been mentioned...could AM have been looking for his pills in the house, couldn't find them so went down to kennels to confront MM and PM...he was in a fever pitch, perhaps at the height of withdrawal (if there is such a thing) and threatened to shoot them if they don't give him the drugs...perhaps Paul walked away an AM (by now over the top incensed and paranoid and out of his right mind) fires two shots at him not meaning to kill him and then after Maggie sees/hears, he shoots her too, not thinking of anything but getting more pills. He then pulls Paul up by his belt loop to see if he's still alive...(as any parent would do when they see their child lying on the ground covered in blood) but really wanted to see if the pills were in Paul's pants. He left his phone there instead of throwing it away, as he did with Maggie's...I keep coming back to his comment "I would never intentionally hurt my wife or child"....

How does that reconcile with the Snapchat video? They all seem relaxed on that video. I don't think there was any confrontation or fight. I think Maggie and Paul were blindsided. I think Alex was cold and planned it out to happen that night. I think that is why he left his cell phone at the house and didn't take it with him to the kennels. I don't think he planned it out super far in advanced though, maybe just the day before, but I also don't think it was a spur of the moment thing.

In the Netflix special about "Murdaugh" they mentioned an airstrip and private plane at the Moselle property. Does AM have a pilots license? I wonder who flew the plane. Sounds like quite a set up for drug smuggling.
During MM's sister's testimony she said they chartered a plane whenever they went somewhere.

My husband cannot wrap his head around AM killing PM. He gets the concept of killing the wife (hello??? should I be offended?? LOL) but not the son. He understands all the circumstantial evidence and the lies and all the "facts" of the case, but without the "smoking gun" he still sees reasonable doubt. If he was on the jury, he would probably be the reason for a hung jury. As much as I want AM to be found guilty, and I definitely think he IS guilty, I think this may be the outcome. I hope I'm wrong (although it is better than not guilty). IMO

Side note: I find myself suddenly in the market for a divorce attorney. Recommendations?? LOL
So funny! My husband went on and on about this last night. I was like stop already. My son was laughing. No issue killing me apparently. But the sassy, surly teen is safe.

Cash is Paul's friend's dog, and often would stay with the Murdaughs, because the friend's girlfriend isn't allowed any animals and he stays with her often. Paul was taking pictures of the tail to send to his friend at the time of he Murders. Sad. MOO
Thank God for Cash, the chocolate lab, and his tail, otherwise we wouldn’t have that video to prove AM was there by the kennels right before MM and PM were murdered!

excuse me if this has already been mentioned...could AM have been looking for his pills in the house, couldn't find them so went down to kennels to confront MM and PM...he was in a fever pitch, perhaps at the height of withdrawal (if there is such a thing) and threatened to shoot them if they don't give him the drugs...perhaps Paul walked away an AM (by now over the top incensed and paranoid and out of his right mind) fires two shots at him not meaning to kill him and then after Maggie sees/hears, he shoots her too, not thinking of anything but getting more pills. He then pulls Paul up by his belt loop to see if he's still alive...(as any parent would do when they see their child lying on the ground covered in blood) but really wanted to see if the pills were in Paul's pants. He left his phone there instead of throwing it away, as he did with Maggie's...I keep coming back to his comment "I would never intentionally hurt my wife or child"....

For sure and we know something was up about his pill supply because he was in withdrawals the prior day.

Very early, AM tried to confuse LE about another important detail!

Having better recall of AM's 2-day testimony, a couple of things didn't pass the smell test so I went back to read the first couple of days of testimony and found a couple more things AM lied about -- most likely to interfere with the police investigation.

When JG questioned AM about what he did with PM at Moselle, AM described that they arrived at Moselle about the same time, and they first went to the Dove Field to check on the dead sunflowers, and then rode around the property viewing the fruit trees and food plots.

When JG asked how they got to Dove Field, without any hesitation, AM stated that PM showed up at Moselle driving John Marvin's truck because they traded vehicles that day, and they drove the black truck to Dove Field. AM added the black truck was personally known to AM as "Buster's truck."

Referring back to the LIVE TRIAL BLOG for the first couple of days of the trial-- when the first responders were called to testify, I especially recalled testimony from Jason Chapman (CCSO). During his testimony, he told the jurors about how he listened to AM's 911 call while driving to the crime scene.

Traveling to the scene, Chapman wasn't certain what they had: “I don’t know if we had a active shooter, didn’t know if was a murder-suicide, didn’t know if we had people in the woods. We don’t have any idea,” he says.

Chapman also said investigators checked beneath PM's body for any weapon, and PM's arms and hands were located beneath his body.

[How did AM check PM for a pulse?]

Most significant by Chapman was his question about the tire tracks at the crime scene and wondering how MM and PM got to the kennels from the house.

This question was asked repeatedly of AM by investigators and just like AM repeatedly lied about never being at the kennels on Monday night, knowing that PM was not driving his F250 on Monday and driving John Marvin's truck, AM consistently told police that PM probably drove his F-250 to the kennels because he wasn't known to ever walk to the kennels.

IMO, AM must have been so convincing about PM driving his F-250 that CCSO issued a BOLO for PM's truck-- believing it was stolen from the property/crime scene.

PM's F-250 was found around 10:30 a.m. or 10:45 a.m. the next morning off Highway 63. It was later learned that the truck broke down when John Marvin was driving PM's truck to Moselle after he received AM's call about the murders

Det. Rutland didn't arrive at the crime scene until around 12:20 AM as she stopped in Walterboro to secure a search warrant for Moselle. SLED and Colleton deputies were already on scene. "I was basically the last one there."

Given AM's testimony that he lied about never going to the kennels because he was paranoid due to his mistrust of SLED and being told by his law partners not to talk to investigators without Danny Henderson present (AM's personal attorney), I think it significant that Henderson was already on the scene before Det. Rutland arrived at 12:20 AM, where she saw AM and Henderson behind Randy Murdaugh's truck.

Seems to me AM had sufficient time to correct his story when his lawyer was by is side within hours of the murders!

When questioned by A/G Waters about AM's last words to MM when he was allegedly sitting on the golf cart-- until he got off the cart to get the chicken out of Bubba's mouth, the best that AM can come up with is that they talked about PM's swollen feet. Except AM already used this when questioned about their dinner conversation!

AM cannot talk about the last words spoken to him by his wife. Personally, I hope they haunt him forever. MOO
He is obviously lying about MM standing next to the golf cart while he recovered the chicken, because that was the same time that PM was taking the video. So who was using the hose? Moo

We have a will but would love to know more about a living trust. Where do we find out more? We live in Indiana. Thanks!
Contact an Estate atty. We had a trust drawn up before my dh retired and because we had combined 5 children when we married and wanted to divide everything equally. At the time we had investments, his retirement, 2 homes and my dh mother's home to protect. Fast forward by the time we retired we sold 1 home and his mother's home. We then voided the trust and just went with a regular will.

Assuming he doesn’t pay off the LE, SLED, family members, lawyers and judges. That is his history. Money talks. He just inherited a ton of it. He also stole PMs and MMS portion by murdering them.

IMO, if he walks on the murder charges, he will skate on the thefts.
100 % agree. To most normal people, it’s impossible to think they’d ever get out. With him, I would not be shocked to see after years of trials he walks free.

In the Netflix special about "Murdaugh" they mentioned an airstrip and private plane at the Moselle property. Does AM have a pilots license? I wonder who flew the plane. Sounds like quite a set up for drug smuggling.
I so feel like there’s a huge piece of the story missing. Drug smuggling, child sex ring, strippers, etc.

I am really overwhelmed by the lifestyle of the Murdaugh's, multiple houses, chartering private planes, private boats, huge Moselle Estate with a gun room, hunting dogs. Staff to manage it all. Seriously, when did AM have time to work, steal money, while being addicted to opiates? It just seems like so much to me.

There seems to be a lot of people coming out lately that are willing to ignore overwhelming circumstantial evidence that AM is guilty by simply saying, they just can’t understand why AM would kill his family. It just would never happen. They think the motive put forth by the state is weak.
Those people need to look up family annihilators. There’s a long list, and not one decent motive for any of them.
I kind of suspect that Alex's wealth and status come into play here. People who aspire to AM's lifestyle find it hard to believe that he could commit such a heinous crime against his own wife and child.

Sure, maybe a blue-collar guy like Chris Watts could do such a thing. But Alex is a rich, white, respected attorney from a 'good' family. And those sorts of people don't commit crimes like this.

It goes without saying that that's absurd. But there have been class implications to this story since day 1, and I think that it's still a large part of the narrative.

Off Topic: who the heck would date a gal who didn't like dogs? Just saying. Although, the coincidence of Paul Paul doing the video at that exact time of the dog, Cash, for his friend is amazing evidence that places AM at the kennels right before the murders. 8:44.
Maybe girlfriend's appt complex doesn't allow animals

I certainly hope so.
I keep wondering if his family thinks he is innocent. how could you ever have him in your house if you know he killed close family...and you are family.
If you are a relative, how can you have family killer near you????
Perhaps they have all done bad deeds. Hopefully not Murder. OTOH, If Ms Satterfield truly slipped on the stairs, LE is Exhuming her body. The young man found dead on the highway, and Local LE assuming he was hit by a car, but proven false, and he was a classmate of Buster(and openly Gay), then the boat accident....A true Criminal Clan IMPOV

this was painful to listen to but here ya go.... I found the statement: "after maggie asked me to leave" then in the same breath corrects it "after maggie asked me to go with her".

SORRY on this link screen its 22:41
I do have to give him credit with his testimony. He caught himself immediately with this and carried on. Most of the time, he thought deliberately before he answered. He is a very masterful bs’er. Obviously years of experience, but it is impressive to watch it.

There seems to be a lot of people coming out lately that are willing to ignore overwhelming circumstantial evidence that AM is guilty by simply saying, they just can’t understand why AM would kill his family. It just would never happen. They think the motive put forth by the state is weak.
Those people need to look up family annihilators. There’s a long list, and not one decent motive for any of them.
So true, and look how many people say they could never believe their relative, friend or neighbor could kill anyone …. good grief, there are cases every day where this happens! I think people don’t want to believe people could be that evil, but they are. So many cases we follow here at WS proves that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd