SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we don't talk about the family, but has any general information about Randy or John Marvin or Lynn's familes been revealed? Have they had alcohol issues? Changed schools a lot? Trouble with the law? Or was all the bad behavors Alex & Maggie's kids?
I heard a Psychologist on a Youtube podcast say that AM's Grandfather was not killed in an accident, but put his care directly onto the train tracks, committing suicide. He said they have familial pain/issues handed down through the family. Didn't get to watch the whole thing, and lost it:( MOO

Liar, liar, pants on fire, continued. IMO, it's worth watching AM's testimony -- skip over the financial crime admissions which are repetitive.

I've watched all the testimony including Friday. I was just curious if any crazy reports, etc...over the weekend that I may have missed

I remember when the first batch of jailhouse calls released, it was very obvious to me that AM adapts to his environment just fine.

As an educated, once-successful attorney, he still retains his superior mentality about himself and immediately started working on his physical self -- exercising in his cell.

From his first day in lock-up, AM was ready for his alpha male, top-dog role on the inside as he was outside. MOO
Yes Ma'am he was ;)

I agree about the phone conversation. I'm very surprised there has not been more media interviews, not to mention testimony regarding MM and who she was aside from her sister. Where are the local female friends or the Edisto female friends?? Surely she had female friends and not just the residents who shunned her as has been implied. Where are the 4th of July friends?? I don't get it.
Life with an addict is isolating, and life with a mate with ADHD is exhausting. You handle way more than half of the adulting because your mate loves to initiate projects, and someone has to complete them, as well as maintaining the day-to-day tasks that don't sound fun to the person with ADHD. Not to disparage anyone with ADHD. There are so many lovable qualities in people with ADHD: creativity, superhuman levels of extroversion, high energy, hyperfocus, athletic ability, and on and on. It is just a brain that loves to GOGOGO. The combination of the addiction, and possibly ADHD, would make wrangling AM a huge job, and MM would be very busy catching dropped balls in their lives.

Friendships take time, and they take vulnerability and transparency between people. If you come from a family where surface impressions are valued above all else, you can't make friends because you can't be real with anyone. I don't think MM was devoid of friendships, but I think she might have been devoid of real friends she could confide in. Real friends show up for you.

I think it is also probable that while MM was not engaging in secrecy on the same level as AM, she had plenty to hide. She was embarrassed when a large check for charity bounced, and I think she was gradually realizing the depth of their financial issues, not to mention the growing horror of the reality of the boat crash consequences. The boat crash must have fractured her social circle, since the kids in the boat were family friends, and the lie that PM was NOT driving probably was too big an issue between them. It is much easier to stop connecting with people than to erect a fortress of secrecy around multiple topics.

I also think that MM's friends might be terrified about getting chucked into the death mechanism that swallowed a number of other people close to the family. I don't blame them for being afraid, and I can see why they'd avoid identifying as MM supporters.

From the outside, the southern culture of polite society seems to value pleasantness and keeping up appearances above all else. You don't say unkind or uncharitable things about people to their face. I think a number of people who have testified are giving this family their best effort to be publicly fair and they are waiting for a verdict so they can leave them behind with a clear conscience.

I've watched all the testimony including Friday. I was just curious if any crazy reports, etc...over the weekend that I may have missed
He was charged with more misdemenors, but unsure what. I think people giving him contraband, and also, apparently he saw his lawyers in his cell, which is not allowed, as they are supposed to meet in a different room, with glass between them. Bunch of Slimy ...And to think Harpoot is in the State Senate or Representative I think. Barf! MOO

If AM gets convicted on the murder charges, I bet he will make a plea deal on the federal monetary theft charges, tax evasion to serve all time in federal penitentiary and skip state prison.

That strategy did not work for the killers of Ahmaud Arbery. They still wound up in state prison despite the federal convictions. I am sure this alleged murderer would like nothing better than to be in a "country club" prison though.

That strategy did not work for the killers of Ahmaud Arbery. They still wound up in state prison despite the federal convictions. I am sure this alleged murderer would like nothing better than to be in a "country club" prison though.
This is where he is picturing himself 'for the time being' till he gets himself out. His reality. OF course I mean the 'country club' prison.

This is a drone video taken the morning after the videos, but the quality is not great

You can also see some vehicles in this video, but I'm not sure who they belong to

Thanks, @Gardenista.
I watched the videos earlier and the problem here is there were so many attorneys that drove out that night /morning that also drove trucks to Moselle including Randy M. and Ronnie C. IMO, I think only MM's Mercedes SUV can be distinguished here.

And what's with the garment rack and golf clubs? It's like SLED was helping AM pack for his extended holiday away from Moselle. o_O

It's disgusting the level of courtesy extended to AM. Like they thought their jobs were in jeopardy... MOO

ETA: In AM's testimony, he alleged they (AM/PM) rode the property together (in Buster's black truck) and ended up at the shop where they unloaded a dozer and washed it down before he went to the house.

From memory, I want to say the farm truck is brown,

Also, if John Marvin and Buster are loading guns into JM's truck, then his truck is white.

But WHY do they keep letting him control them? Even if they didn‘t think he murdered them, by the time he was in jail, they knew that he had robbed SO many needy and wounded people. WHY continue taking his calls multiple times each day? WHY keep letting him tell you what to do? WHY did JMM allow AM to manipulate his wife— to insist she put money in commissary account ‘right now’, when she was putting her children to bed? Why not stand up for your own wife? She was clearly uncomfortable with the whole thing. Why does Buster continue to take orders from him? i would have stopped answering the phone altogether if he was still trying to manipulate me from jail.
All cut from the same cloth, as they say.

but why oh why not just use one gun? maybe he ran out of bullets in the gun he shot Maggie with? just seems odd. mOO
IMO it was initially in his plan to give the illusion of 2 shooters. Then I backed off that and thought that the 300 Blackout was already down there and AM brought the shotgun but only had 2 shells loaded and planned to use the shotgun on both but when Paul was still moving toward the door, AM fired the second shot and was, as you say, out of ammo at which point he grabbed the 300 and cut down Maggie. Now, with the knowledge of the golf cart being there, I've mixed thoughts about the 300 being already there.
jmo

Has there been any updates on the reports of a juror with a blanket over her head and tissue in her ears?

One of the court reporters said it's freezing in there and the blanket was over her head and not her face and she put the tissues in her ears when they were playing a video and it was super loud. So hopefully it's ok.

During AM's roadside shooting confession with his attorneys present, he alleged he got his drugs from cousin Eddie that bought them from alleged members of the Walterboro Cowboys, a violent Bloods-affiliated street gang.

South Carolina Assistant Attorney General Creighton Waters said in court that money “misappropriated” by Murdaugh went through his alleged accomplice, Walterboro resident Curtis “Cousin Eddie” Smith, 62, who’s in jail after being indicted with Murdaugh in late June on sweeping drug and conspiracy charges. From Smith, the AG said, the money “continued downstream” to Rivers and Roberts.

"More like Ozark everyday." AbsoLUTEly!!

but why oh why not just use one gun? maybe he ran out of bullets in the gun he shot Maggie with? just seems odd. mOO

AM was not thinking of convenience or that a quick getaway was required. He was thinking about painting a picture of two assailants to defer attention away from himself as a suspect. JMO

One of the court reporters said it's freezing in there and the blanket was over her head and not her face and she put the tissues in her ears when they were playing a video and it was super loud. So hopefully it's ok.

Seems as though the entire selection of jurors (minus her) didn't have a problem with hearing/temps to the extreme of placing tissues in their ears and covering their head, I find it somewhat perplexing. That may just be me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk