SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I'm seeing online, when someone goes to detox from opioids, the doctors usually wean the patient off the drugs rather than having them go cold turkey. I can't imagine you could go from 2,000 mg a day to nothing in the seven days he said it took. The addict story doesn't hold up for me, which makes me wonder what he was doing with all those pills. Selling? Dealing?
My hubby had to go cold turkey from oxycontin. It was a six week excruciating withdrawal. Not a 7 day and it's over type thing. A good 14 years ago. I know he was up to 80 mg pills then. 3-4 times a day. There's no way AM was taking the dosage he claims. moo from personal experience.

@Seattle1 or anyone that might know. Was it ever said WHEN CBR requested off for that day? Was this known in advance or the day of? I am curious with Alex staying at Moselle till noon or so, maybe this is when he decided today was the day. The guy who is normally there wouldn't be so he could prepare anything he needed to that morning after Maggie left. Makes me wonder how far in advance Alex knew CBR wouldn't be around the property that day.
Wasn't it a doctor's appointment?

I believe it was taking his dad to the doctor. I was curious if he told them weeks ahead, days, that day? Did Alex know he would not be there that day? I would think this makes the perfect day to commit a crime like this because he could plant things as he needed them ahead of time and no worries the groundskeeper comes in and moves things or changes them. He had the entire morning before he left for work at noon to do what he needed to do and nobody was there until 4 or so I forget the guys name, but he came to take care of the dogs or clean the kennels out. He testified. So I think whatever Alex staged was not going to be around the kennels that day, but there was plenty of places to put guns or have things set up for his perfect crime.

but why oh why not just use one gun? maybe he ran out of bullets in the gun he shot Maggie with? just seems odd. mOO

Just me, but I think it was more spur of the moment than it’s being portrayed.
I also think AM was hoping to shoot MM more from a distance, which is why he had the 300 Blackout. But everything went very wrong for PM and MM’s murder.

I saw a comment online and now I can't unthink about it. lol

How did Alex know it would be important to lie about where he was at 8:44? If he left and it was all as normal until he went to Almeda then how did he know they were killed during the time he was there? He was gone so what if they were killed at 9:30.. what difference did it make if he was at the kennel at 8:44? He only had to lie because he knew when they died, if he didn't know then he wouldn't know that time was crucial.
Great point. Hope it comes up in closing.
You say this well. I realized when he was blabbering on the stand , if the jury is hung or comes back NG …I will be okay with it. Because he really is not getting away with anything. Every photo of their bodies and every digital & time trace of what he did has been shoved in his face and shown to the world. I think he’s always been a Narc. He just masked it by paying attention & being what people were looking for in his persona. I’m sure he will ride his story until he dies. He is comfortable with dominating, controlling & getting away with deceit.
He’s being exposed right now. That is the ultimate wound.
His voice on the kennel video…that badge hanging off his pocket at the hospital.That’s the real AM. I do hope the jurors who have empathy can see that AM deserves none.

MOO
I hope he’s found guilty and goes off to jail forever. But I do wonder what his plan would be if he wasn’t going to jail. Live off family money? He lost his law license. What else could he do?
In the Netflix doc., the Smith family reported that AM's brother showed up to the scene asking to photograph it AND that he had approached the dad as part of his ongoing workman's comp case. Don't know the accuracy of those statements but the M family did approach according to them.

But, it is one way to keep tabs on the investigation which is very similar to what AM would do.
Smith’s mother (in the HBO doc I think) that AM’s brother also called her and said he needed all of Stephen’s social media passwords. I find that real odd AND interesting.
Paul provided the evidence that proved his father a liar, and proved that he was at the scene of the murders at the time of the murders. Without that dog kennel video, police had no proof that Alex was not sleeping - as he claimed - between 8-9 p.m.
Also (in the 2nd police interview where he’s seated at the police station) the cop asks him if he was there b/c Rogan told the cop he thought he heard AM while on the phone w/Paul. AM denies that of course.
This fact (below) may result in additional charges for Alex. I'm guessing that no one told him about the Netflix series which focused on Alex and his father going to the hospital on the night of the boat accident in an attempt to stage a cover-up of facts surrounding the accident. They manipulated the injured victims in an attempt to frame Paul's friend as the driver.

Under oath, Alex strongly denied that he attempted to interfere with the boat accident investigation. Perjury.

"[Alex] also briefly addressed accusations that he tried to stage a cover-up in the 2019 boat case — a huge part of the Netflix series' narrative — saying they were untrue."​

Insider news
I hope one of the rebuttal witness is one of the boat kids.

I heard a Psychologist on a Youtube podcast say that AM's Grandfather was not killed in an accident, but put his care directly onto the train tracks, committing suicide. He said they have familial pain/issues handed down through the family. Didn't get to watch the whole thing, and lost it:( MOO

Is there any proof of a doc appt or a mani/pedi? What if she met with a divorce atty? Alec may have caught wind of it and feigned ignorance/lied to the police to hide the marital issues.

I believe it was taking his dad to the doctor. I was curious if he told them weeks ahead, days, that day? Did Alex know he would not be there that day? I would think this makes the perfect day to commit a crime like this because he could plant things as he needed them ahead of time and no worries the groundskeeper comes in and moves things or changes them. He had the entire morning before he left for work at noon to do what he needed to do and nobody was there until 4 or so I forget the guys name, but he came to take care of the dogs or clean the kennels out. He testified. So I think whatever Alex staged was not going to be around the kennels that day, but there was plenty of places to put guns or have things set up for his perfect crime.
Agent Owen testified that CBR told him that he lied to Alex about taking his Dad to a Dr appointment because he actually had a job interview that day.

I saw a comment online and now I can't unthink about it. lol

How did Alex know it would be important to lie about where he was at 8:44? If he left and it was all as normal until he went to Almeda then how did he know they were killed during the time he was there? He was gone so what if they were killed at 9:30.. what difference did it make if he was at the kennel at 8:44? He only had to lie because he knew when they died, if he didn't know then he wouldn't know that time was crucial.
This a very good point. An innocent person would simply tell the truth and let the chips fall where they may. AM *KNEW* at the time of the interview that he could remove himself from the scene of the crime by simply stating he wasn't there. After all, there wasn't anything that could REFUTE this claim. So...KARMA intervenes and he's caught flat footed in a LIE. This is the *kernel* of this case and I'm hoping that none of those in the Jury buy his lame excuse for doing so.

Is there any proof of a doc appt or a mani/pedi? What if she met with a divorce atty? Alec may have caught wind of it and feigned ignorance/lied to the police to hide the marital issues.
LE agents confirmed MM’s appointment with the Doctor’s office. Whoever they talked to there also described the dress she was wearing at her appointment- it was same dress she was wearing when she was killed.

I’m sure they confirmed the pedicure and MM’s entire day.

JMO

Not sure.

Paul and his uncle switched vehicles because Paul's grandfather was going to hospital. The uncle drove Paul's truck to Almeda, Paul drove his uncle's truck to Moselle. Paul's truck broke down on the side of the road around Almeda/Moselle. Where was the uncle's truck parked in the morning? That's the truck that Paul had, and the truck that should have been at the kennels - since Paul always drives to the kennels. Was the uncle's truck at the cabin? That might explain 283 steps. Did I read upthread that Paul didn't have a truck at the kennels?

How was Paul lured to Moselle? Perhaps the plan was for Paul to have dinner with mom and sleep at the Moselle cabin, switch trucks in the morning when he went to work for his uncle? or Paul went to Moselle because his mother would be there? or Alex told Paul to show up to discuss his fat feet?

Maggie was asked to go there that day, there was no pre-plan. Maggie was unsure, and discussed it with her sister before deciding to go. Her sister encouraged her to go, which means that Maggie was reluctant to go. That means that Paul had to be arranged first, then Alex had to guilt Maggie into showing up using Paul as incentive.

... trying to make it make sense

AM's misrepresentation of taking off work early because PM was coming home, implying the pair had a leisurely afternoon of farming together-- which could not be further from the truth, made for some confusion here.

From AM's interviews, we know that PM did not attend the baseball tournament weekend with his parents and brother, and girlfriend, and spent Sunday night sleeping at John Marvin's residence (Bellinger Bluff Rd. Okatie), NOT to be confused with JM's Hunting Lodge aka Greenfield located about 3 minutes from his parents at Alameda.

JM's residence in Okatie to Alameda is more than an hour's drive. It follows that the truck exchange took place at John Marvin's residence at Okatie.

From the June 7, Timeline by S/A Rudofski, SLED, we know that AM arrived at Moselle at about 6:42 PM, and PM arrived shortly after around 7:04 PM.

From AM's testimony at trial, AM states PM arrived at Moselle driving John Marvin's truck because they exchanged vehicles for Monday.

AM provided they rode the property to inspect the sunflowers at Dove Field, and check on the corn and fruit trees -- including the leaning tree where PM took the video of AM.

When JG asked AM how they got to Dove Field (to see the dead sunflowers), AM reluctantly replied they drove the black truck, explaining this truck was personally known to AM as "Buster's truck." [AM sharing irrelevant details].

Relative to the truck exchange between PM and John Marvin, we have no idea of the hour the exchange occurred but if John Marvin was driving RM3 to Savannah, GA for a morning appointment with the pulmonologist, it was likely early, and probably before PM left for work at John Marvin's business.

We know that RM3 was admitted to St Joseph hospital in Savannah following his appointment with the pulmonologist and John Marvin was most likely still in Savannah or heading back to Okatie in PM's truck when PM arrived at Moselle at 7 pm driving John Marvin's truck.

From the testimony by CCSO's Jason Chandler, we know that PM's F250 truck was not on the property when police arrived even though AM told police that PM most likely drove his truck to the kennels. [AM knew that PM did not have his truck at Moselle and lied to investigators].

After repeatedly telling investigators PM drove the missing F250 to the kennels, investigators issued a BOLO for PM's F250 truck -- suspecting the assailant(s) drove away in PM's truck.

Police located the truck in the morning parked off Hwy 63 around 9:45 AM. It was then learned that John Marvin was driving PM's F250 to the emergency at Moselle when it broke down, and he left it on the Hwy.

Murdaugh Murders Timeline of Events S/A Rudofski, SLED:

6:42:54 PM
– Alex Murdaugh’s suburban arrives at 4147 Moselle Rd (GM/OnStar)

7:04 PM – Paul Murdaugh at residence at 4147 Moselle Road (com.appl.routined/Cache.sqlite database and contained Lon/Lat coordinates) (PM Extraction)

Last edited:
@Seattle1 or anyone that might know. Was it ever said WHEN CBR requested off for that day? Was this known in advance or the day of? I am curious with Alex staying at Moselle till noon or so, maybe this is when he decided today was the day. The guy who is normally there wouldn't be so he could prepare anything he needed to that morning after Maggie left. Makes me wonder how far in advance Alex knew CBR wouldn't be around the property that day.
I think that AM had knowledge of CBR being away in advance because when CBR was interviewed by LE, in addition to taking his dad to the doctor, he also had a job interview that he did not share with AM. MOO

ETA: I'm reading here that there was no doctor appt, only the job interview. Nonetheless, his alibi obviously checked out.

Last edited:
I heard a Psychologist on a Youtube podcast say that AM's Grandfather was not killed in an accident, but put his care directly onto the train tracks, committing suicide. He said they have familial pain/issues handed down through the family. Didn't get to watch the whole thing, and lost it:( MOO
It was Alex's great grandfather, Randolph Murdaugh, Sr., who pulled his car to a stop while on top of the train tracks in 1940. The train pushed his car 900'. His son, Buster Murdaugh, Jr., sued the train company which propelled the family into power and wealth. This article is a nice source regarding how the M's law firm succeeded until Alex's demise brought it asunder.

FEB 16, 2022
Legal Revenge

Within a week of the fatal 1940 train crash, the 14th Circuit had a new Solicitor, Randolph “Buster” Murdaugh Jr., who would continue to grow the Murdaugh family legacy and fortune. He would start by taking legal revenge of sorts for his father's death.

Randolph Jr., as executor of his father’s will and estate, filed a summons and complaint against the Charleston and Western Carolina Railway Co.

From 1992 to 2002, PMPED filed four dozen personal injury cases against CSX, and from 1995 to 2002, CSX paid $18.8 million in verdicts and settlements..

Trouble with Trains: The crash – and lawsuit – that helped launch the Murdaugh dynasty

What was Alex doing during the train lawsuit era?

Murdaugh says he became an assistant solicitor around 1998. Waters asks if he got a badge. Murdaugh says yes. From 1998 to 2021, Murdaugh thinks he was involved in around five jury trials, all with his father.

Waters presents Murdaugh’s assistant solicitor badge and his grandfather’s assistant solicitor badge, which Murdaugh inherited when he died. Alex Murdaugh testifies in double-murder trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks