SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #33

Status
Not open for further replies.

worm

Reaction score
Not much on this yet but I got it on yahoo and foxcarolina.com. This mother and son were found near a dog kennel on their property in Colleton County SC. Their family has a long history of connections to the legal system in the Lowcountry and the son, who was murdered, was currently facing charges in a boating accident causing death.

2 Murdaugh family members shot, killed in Colleton County SC homicide

APPROVED LOCAL SOURCES:
FITSNEWS
The Island Packet

APPROVED PODCASTS:
Murdaugh Murders by Mandy Matney
Impact of Influence - The Murdaugh Family Murders

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16
Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32

Last edited by a moderator:
MOD NOTE:

When referring to the attorneys, officials or other trial members, please use their names or initials. Let’s not assign them nicknames. Thanks a ton!!

With a thermometer, it's accurate (about as good as a forehead scanner), but generally done on children.
It’s not accurate, I’ve done it with a thermometer on a child. If time of death is this important to a case it should have been performed more accurately, especially with a perceived homicide.

Wouldn’t that be setting Alex up? Guns at the scene would be more indicative of a suicide. AM said in one of his first interviews he knew it was not a suicide because there were no guns present. To argue suicide now would be another lie to overcome. I think they’re trying to argue about how much the shooter would be covered in blood, etc. because of how close they were when they killed them, irrelevant in my opinion because AM had time to clean up, change clothes. MOO
Well that's what the hose and the change of clothes were for, cleanup

Absolutely agree.
And, it's been bothering me generally in this courtroom that the witness stand seems so exposed, with little room for the witness to place things or look at documents. There is no real higher desk area.

The setup makes it awkward for any female witness who wear a dress/skirt and they are raise and that's an inappropriate view from the courtroom. (I say this as a sometime speaker at conferences where they often set up stools on the stage for a panel discussion. The men were always fine with this but women quickly learned not to wear skirts. Just sayin.)
My thoughts too, weird how low the witness stand is. That said, I guess you can see what the witnesses are doing with their hands, clasping, white knuckled etc., maybe by design for that reason ?

I am no pathologist and no crime scene deconstructionist but I’ve got a reasonable amount of common sense and there ain’t no way somebody gets shot in the back of the head and their brain flies up and backward and their face remains intact
I agree, I don’t even think you need an expert to counter his testimony

I am trying to figure out where AM has the money for this defense. It seems to me that AM is busted on cash. Surprised he didn't have a court appointed attorney. This defense is bleeding cash.
Shortly after AM was incarcerated and ordering his fam & flying monkeys to sell select assets from Moselle in jailhouse calls, the prosecution motioned for a court receiver over AM to be appointed and the motion was granted. Since then, disbursements have gone through the court and the court granted his request to surrender his 401K to his attorneys to fund his defense. MOO

Dick Harpootlian asking judge to allow jury to go on a jury view of the Moselle property. He brought that up in opening statements.
Judge will ALLOW a jury view of Moselle.

Harpootlian says there have been people taking selfies in front of the Moselle residence. Just letting judge know the security measures that will need to be in place for jury view.

Jury views are not unheard of. I've been on jury views myself and we've covered plenty of them on
@LawCrimeNetwork
. It can be very helpful for a jury to get their bearings in person. Dog kennel distance to the home, etc...

A few cases that come to mind that had jury views: Pike Co. Massacre (Wagner), Parkland School Shooter, Quinton Tellis (Jessica Chambers), Brett Hankison (Breonna Taylor), OJ Simpson.

I've seen it done a couple of ways. Most of the time nothing is said at all, no one allowed to speak or explain. In the Quinton Tellis trial they brought a court reporter and the attorneys got to ask the lead detective questions at each site...that's very unusual.

First witness today for the defense is Dr. Jonathan Eisenstat - forensic pathologist. We won't see these photos as they are under seal.

Note: Waters did not want a jury view stating the property has changed, noting the tree line between the house and the kennels has grown/filled in significantly. Harpootlian said they only want the jury to see the kennels - the feed room in relation to Maggie's body, etc…

Alex Murdaugh's reaction to hearing people were trespassing on the Moselle property to get selfies in front of the kennel: (Note, if that's true, that's horrible. I understand drive by the property, etc...but breaking the law and getting a selfie where two people died..smh)

@AveryGWilks

Eisenstat agrees with Riemer on a number of things. But he disagrees on the direction of one of the shots. What Riemer described as the first fatal wound to Maggie - shot from behind - Eisenstat believes was shot from the complete opposite direction.

@AveryGWilks

Instead of the bullet entering Maggie’s chest at an upward trajectory and going up into her brain, Eisenstat says the bullet went downward. The shooter would have been facing her front.

@AveryGWilks

Eisenstat: “The explanation that I think is probably most reasonable is that she’s learning forward, most likely from pain from the abdominal wound.” The shooter fired into her head as she leaned forward toward the shooter, according to Eisenstat.

Sorry sleuth Was hanging onto the rails of the train but had to bail and roll. I spent Friday afternoon at the hospital for back surgery and nerve repair and was released yesterday, they wanted to keep me for several more days but the surgery went good and able to take baby steps. Had to get out of there lol, beds are horrible and knew the ole train would get out of control with the chicken at the wheel and you all raiding the booze box car lol. So let's do this got my meds for pain and some spirits chilling in the ice car lol.
Oh no, just saw this. I was wondering where you were yesterday. Take it nice and easy but hope you heal quickly <3

Time of death discussion seems like a "look over there" argument.

They were alive at 8:45 PM. They were not alive at 10:00 PM.

A question for this pathologist is: to what degree of accuracy is body temp in determining time of death? If the answer is : within one hour, then body temp is unnecessary. We already know the time of death to within one hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021