SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I"m sorry - but who testified (aside from today's witness) that the gun made contact with his head? I need to catch up.
The expert forensics guy today from CT. I don’t recall his name. From what he stated in such a clear understandable way, I don’t see how a gun like that could have blown out his brain if it was a few feet away as by the time the shot made contact with his head, the power would have dispersed and caused damage, but not sending most of the brain out in a large intact portion. He seemed to convince me, anyway.

The expert forensics guy today from CT. I don’t recall his name. From what he stated in such a clear understandable way, I don’t see how a gun like that could have blown out his brain if it was a few feet away as by the time the shot made contact with his head, the power would have dispersed and caused damage, but not sending most of the brain out in a large intact portion. He seemed to convince me, anyway.

Was that the guy who thinks the owl did it in the Michael Peterson trial?

Replying again to @10ofRods ... He only seemed to contradict the initial report where that expert said the point of entry was opposite what he feels it was. So I assumed she also felt it was a gun pressed against the skull.

I saw a watermelon explode from a gun on you tube from feet away. Eye opener what damage it can do. Any hunters or police view on this?

Wouldn’t she have contacted WC already if it’s legit?
She may have contacted them already and we just don't know about her yet.

When I read about the PMPED lawyers surrounding Crighton after the trial today, I sense something is up.

The brother on the stand today (sorry my mind is filled with initials in this case and I'm drawing a blank) mentioned what a loving relationship Alex and Maggie had. That opened the door for the prosecution to rebut with this lady's testimony.

There might be a lot of nauseous men tonight in SC.

well he did say, "when Maggie asked me to leave. Oh when I was gonna leave..." so how would he leave???...in the dang golf cart.

Honestly, like I said only one person knew they would be there...because he required them to be at the house and walked them to the kennels.

Yes...one person could do this, clean up and get away.....OJ did.

I saw a watermelon explode from a gun on you tube from feet away. Eye opener what damage it can do. Any hunters or police view on this?
Well sure. I guess it depends on what type of gun or ammunition used? So what caused his brain to leave his head but not blow his face off?

And this was after SLED & LE released the victim's vehicle, supposedly having double-checked it? Left the wedding ring under the seat (which was found by the housekeeper, who cleaned it out)

Plus a piece of the young man's skull/brain left on scene, being overlooked? And the house/residence/property wasn't on immediate lock-down & was thoroughly cleaned the next day for the gathering? huh IMO. JMO. no coincidences please.

Both of these things are very peculiar. The part about the skull tells me that whoever responded initially was likely quite distraught and relatively untrained on collecting body parts. Again, there's this chaos surrounding the situation.

For some reason, people sometimes think that crime only occurs among the poor or lower classes, so when it occurs on the estate of a wealthy landowner, I guess people use different rubrics.

The lack of a lockdown and the failure to retrieve all the parts of the skull (!) are distressing to me. There should have been an ME or forensic anthropologist on hand to retrieve the parts of the skull, because either would know when most of the skull had been retrieved (that defense witness who testified that he found a part of Paul's skull was probably on the stand for just that reason).

At the same time, an ordinary person with only a bit of LE or EMT training will be so overwhelmed by a case like this, that it's not uncommon for them to miss something (and not every bit is essential to establishing cause and manner of death - but in this case, now there's uncertainty about which direction the shots came from).

WHO pulled the trigger is the question though (not whether the shots were fatal or how - the shots were fatal).

IMO.

Except to date we have no testimony on either side that they had less than a loving relationship. (Whether what went on behind closed doors is what family and friends thought was the case.) Even her sister said she thought things were ok between them. If Maggie had approached a divorce lawyer at some point, we havent heard from them. So if a new witness appears saying Alex was their lover, what will that prove? Many cheat and still remain married for years. If a friend of Maggie’s knew an affair was hurting her and she wanted out, wouldn’t the prosecution have brought that up by now?

I hate to say this but I think there is still real fear and intimidation for people who know them. It’s that old adage not to get involved but in this case I think people are genuinely afraid of the Murdaughs.

Look what they are doing with Sled right now. They have the power to make life miserable for anyone so I think there are some people who won’t come forward for fear of retaliation.

Hmm. Well, brains can be outside the skull from a number of different wounds - none of which require the gun to be against the head. I thought the guy said, "Too bad the ME didn't shave Paul's head to find out," not that "we're sure the gun was against the head."

The problem I have is that entry wounds are always smaller than exit wounds (for the reasons this guy stated). So ANY shot that comes from up under the chin or neck (where there should be a small, pre-expansion entry hole) would blow out the other direction (in this case, the top/back of the skull - such that the brain was evulsed fairly intact).

I suppose it could have been done from the front or back of Paul's head, but the small entry wound (on his neck area) is the entry wound, IMO. It can't be changed to an exit wound. The exit wound is the exploded area of the skull (found in pieces) that made the skull explode into pieces. As that happened, the less dense material (the brain) is evulsed in the direction of the shot (upwards, as it lands near his feet).

Sorry to be so graphic. But I don't find today's witness to make much sense.

Still, it doesn't matter - we need to know WHO administered those shots. Paul was killed and his brain was evulsed. It's not like there is alleged to be a team of people there shooting him. Someone shot him (with a shotgun) and then shot his mother (with a rifle).

I think Paul was shot from up under his neck/throat/voicebox into the top of his skull, resulting in a cracking of the skull along its usual lines, with the exit wound evulsing the brain because (not mentioned by today's witness) the pressure inside the skull obeys the laws of physics.

IMO.

Update/revision to the truck exchange between Paul M and John Marvin on June 7 per John Marvin's testimony:

On June 7, PM's F150 truck was NOT available because it was in the repair shop near Varnville.

On Monday, John Marvin drove RM3 to his doctor in Savannah, GA using RM3's vehicle, not PM's truck as previously believed. (PM's F150 truck was in the shop and his F250 was parked at John Marvins in Okatie).

PM left his F250 farm truck at John Marvin's residence on Monday and drove John Marvin's F150 truck all day.

PM was still driving John Marvin's white F150 truck when he arrived at Moselle-- as AM testified.

When John Marvin got the call from AM about the emergency at Moselle, he left his house driving PM's F250 farm truck because PM had his F150 truck at Moselle. (John Marvin testified his F150 was parked at the house and not at the kennels when he arrived at Moselle).

John Marvin had phoned Yemassee Police Chief Alexander and told him about the shooting at Moselle. When the F250 farm truck broke down on Hwy 63, Chief Alexander was just ahead of him and rescued John Marvin and took him to Moselle.

What has not changed in the vehicle exchange story is that AM lied to police when he told them PM likely drove his F250 truck to the kennels-- knowing all along that PM was driving John Marvin's F150 truck when he arrived at Moselle.

IMO, the facts about the vehicle exchange were intentionally vague if not misleading because AM lied to investigators about how PM got to the kennels from the house. MOO

I have no idea... Owl? Never heard of the Peterson trial

Oh, you're in for a real true crime deep dive if you ever get into that one. A man killed his wife (long story) and she was found destroyed on the staircase of the family home. Man claims an owl attacked her.

Unfortunately, the mark left by owls (on the rare occasions where they attack people) do not look like the victim's wounds. And AFAIK, no owl has managed to cause damage like alleged by the defense in this case (the defendant eventually took an Alford plea, IIRC).

That’s not what John Marvin testified to. jmm contacted Greg alexander and asked him to help him get to Moselle.
1:31:58

testimony regarding his truck breaking down and the chief: 'we were riding separate cars but together'..." at that point I had to call him and tell him to turn around"

he testified he did not know AM gave this officer loan(s). interesting.

Well sure. I guess it depends on what type of gun or ammunition used? So what caused his brain to leave his head but not blow his face off?
EXACTLY!
there should have been a huge hole out of his jaw and no more face. There was nothing sufficient to prevent a gaping hole on the other side and cause blow back from the entry point.
That's BS...just like death by owl.

Update/revision to the truck exchange between Paul M and John Marvin on June 7 per John Marvin's testimony:

On June 7, PM's F150 truck was NOT available because it was in the repair shop near Varnville.

On Monday, John Marvin drove RM3 to his doctor in Savannah, GA using RM3's vehicle, not PM's truck as previously believed. (PM's F150 truck was in the shop and his F250 was parked at John Marvins in Okatie).

PM left his F250 farm truck at John Marvin's residence on Monday and drove John Marvin's F150 truck all day.

PM was still driving John Marvin's white F150 truck when he arrived at Moselle-- as AM testified.

When John Marvin got the call from AM about the emergency at Moselle, he left his house driving PM's F250 farm truck because PM had his F150 truck at Moselle. (John Marvin testified his F150 was parked at the house and not at the kennels when he arrived at Moselle).

John Marvin had phoned Yemassee Police Chief Alexander and told him about the shooting at Moselle. When the F250 farm truck broke down on Hwy 63, Chief Alexander was just ahead of him and rescued John Marvin and took him to Moselle.

What has not changed in the vehicle exchange story is that AM lied to police when he told them PM likely drove his F250 truck to the kennels-- knowing all along that PM was driving John Marvin's F150 truck when he arrived at Moselle.

IMO, the facts about the vehicle exchange were intentionally vague if not misleading because AM lied to investigators about how PM got to the kennels from the house. MOO

Alex may not have lied. He may not have realized the truck switch out. JM said that JM and Paul had identical trucks. Maybe Alex didn't pay attention.

Oh, you're in for a real true crime deep dive if you ever get into that one. A man killed his wife (long story) and she was found destroyed on the staircase of the family home. Man claims an owl attacked her.

Unfortunately, the mark left by owls (on the rare occasions where they attack people) do not look like the victim's wounds. And AFAIK, no owl has managed to cause damage like alleged by the defense in this case (the defendant eventually took an Alford plea, IIRC).
I've seen an owl attack a large dog on the head before and the wound looked pretty close. The dog went to the vet to get patched up but certainly did not die. Um and managed to get up the stairs on the deck just fine I might add.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288