UK - Constance Marten & Mark Gordon & Newborn (found deceased), Bolton Greater Manchester, 5 Jan 2023 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes with flat/house maintenance, it's what you don't do that causes the most damage. What you're too depressed to do, too physically unable to do, too distant to do, or just.. don't care anymore to fix or allow others (mentally as much as physically) in to fix.
I have depression and yes life can just get too much at times and I find myself not bothering so much with things.

So, no loss of appetite? speculation.
''RUNAWAY aristocrat Constance Marten and her rapist lover used a foodbank days before their arrest - but did not ask for nappies which were available.

Volunteers at the site screamed in horror after realising they had given goods to Marten and her partner Mark Gordon last week.''

“The baby was not with them. We have supplies here but they didn’t ask for anything for a baby.

“But they came asking for help for themselves. She did the talking and the man looked shifty at the back with his hood up.

“She asked for help. She was wearing a lot of layers and looking back she looked like she’d been outside for a while.''

He looked shifty. He was checking the area.

“He stood back and would not make eye contact.

“She did the talking. We didn’t take any details, we just gave them food because we thought they needed help.

“He was wearing a baseball cap. It was very shifty.”

He told The Sun: “She was wrapped up in a coat, possibly had a scarf on, and I think her hair was brown. She was slightly underdressed for the weather too.''

“She looked scruffy. I didn’t really pay that much attention because I didn’t think much of it at the time.

“I was with my baby and I smiled at the woman but she didn’t smile back.

“I remember thinking it was weird she didn’t smile, and she looked at my baby in a strange way.

Sometimes with flat/house maintenance, it's what you don't do that causes the most damage. What you're too depressed to do, too physically unable to do, too distant to do, or just.. don't care anymore to fix or allow others (mentally as much as physically) in to fix.
I assumed it was probably more slumlords to be honest. I remember going to look at a cheaper flat in Bristol and there was stairs missing and holes in the floor. And my partner's last property had used cheap fibreboard as a floor surface in the bathroom, which inevitably crumbled as soon as wet. The kind of landlord that accepts cash is probably not great at maintenance, and is probably keen to blame all stuff like this on tenants.

I assumed it was probably more slumlords to be honest. I remember going to look at a cheaper flat in Bristol and there was stairs missing and holes in the floor. And my partner's last property had used cheap fibreboard as a floor surface in the bathroom, which inevitably crumbled as soon as wet. The kind of landlord that accepts cash is probably not great at maintenance, and is probably keen to blame all stuff like this on tenants.
Yeah, I tend not to put too much stock into comments on the state of accommodation after leaving. Obviously only anecdata, but I have friends who've been blacklisted from renting with specific estate agencies because they left a place in a bad condition...a condition entirely unavoidable due to the poor maintenance and care on part of the landlord. It's one of those things where yes, it could be a sign of abuse/misuse/whatever else in a property, but it could equally be a case of a poor quality property rented out illegally/illicitly.

So going forward...if they find no baby, cm and mg aren't giving anything up, what happens? Will they be released?
No. They're still guilty of child neglect and it's possible to go forward with charging them for manslaughter without a body. They're unlikely to get out on bail because of their clear history of running away.

Who referred them to the food bank?
Community groceries are different, anyone can use them but in my experience FBs you need a referral for?
Some local foodbanks give out supplies without referral, often out-of-date or excess supplies, or have a self-referral process for absolute emergencies. I personally haven't used foodbanks, but have friends who rely on them, and some regularly access them without referral.

So going forward...if they find no baby, cm and mg aren't giving anything up, what happens? Will they be released?
Personally I don't think that will happen for a long time not when a baby's life is at stake. From what I gleaned off that Conference they are still not talking. Only a vague suggestion but would it be worth her talking to a mental health professional in the hope she might reveal something to them. I only say this in the hope that someone professional in this line might know which button to press on her mentally.

No. They're still guilty of child neglect and it's possible to go forward with charging them for manslaughter without a body. They're unlikely to get out on bail because of their clear history of running away.
Now they are separated from each other hopefully one of them will crack and say what happened and where baby is now

Must differ by district as I work alongside a lot of fbs and make referrals, I personally don't know any (other than some church ones) that don't need a referral of SOME kind. Thank you both for clearing that up.

''RUNAWAY aristocrat Constance Marten and her rapist lover used a foodbank days before their arrest - but did not ask for nappies which were available.

Volunteers at the site screamed in horror after realising they had given goods to Marten and her partner Mark Gordon last week.''

“The baby was not with them. We have supplies here but they didn’t ask for anything for a baby.

“But they came asking for help for themselves. She did the talking and the man looked shifty at the back with his hood up.

“She asked for help. She was wearing a lot of layers and looking back she looked like she’d been outside for a while.''

“She did the talking. We didn’t take any details, we just gave them food because we thought they needed help.

He told The Sun: “She was wrapped up in a coat, possibly had a scarf on, and I think her hair was brown. She was slightly underdressed for the weather too.''

“She looked scruffy. I didn’t really pay that much attention because I didn’t think much of it at the time.

“I remember thinking it was weird she didn’t smile, and she looked at my baby in a strange way.

"She looked at my baby in a strange way."

:rolleyes:

Must differ by district as I work alongside a lot of fbs and make referrals, I personally don't know any (other than some church ones) that don't need a referral of SOME kind. Thank you both for clearing that up.
Yep, all our local foodbanks just require you to turn up. It is mostly TT and the like that have restrictions. Independent ones generally will give to anyone, no questions asked, which is better, IMO as eg the TT ones limit the number of times you can access them, and for whatever reason, people may be vulnerable for less pernicious reasons (eg escaping DV) and therefore not keen to offer details.

I wondered if they had got baby supplies or not from the food bank, as they often have them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow