GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would even give victim impact statements besides Maggie’s sister?
It's a sad thought. Who was speaking up for Maggie during the trial?? Alex's family sure wasn't.

I know that it is difficult for family to not believe a fellow family member, but surely some of them must have known in their heart that he was guilty of this horrendous crime. My opinion of the entire Murdaugh family is pretty low, and that is even relative to my going-in expectation that they were privileged and often played that card.

In hindsight I'm now looking back to this morning. I have a weird feeling Alex and the rest of the defense team knew they were done for. If you go back there were several posts about the way Alex looked this morning and a difference in the behavior of the lawyers. DH was remarkably silent today and JG really didn't give a good performance in his rebuttal. He was all over the place this morning. I'm really starting to wonder if they got some kind of read on the jury or some kind of info, perhaps from the juror that was booted today or perhaps from some of the other jurors that were replaced. Things were different from the defense today. They had no swagger like they did in the previous weeks. They just seemed off.

What do ya'll think?

Last edited:
Incredibly ironic that Paul's cellphone video was crucial in convicting AM.
Testimony from the grave.

I'm a little confused about Bubba the dog. Was he barking as if something was amiss? People are online crediting the dog for helping. ??

Would the verdict have been different if AM had not testified? I wonder what the energy is between the defense team now based on what appeared to be a split for him testifying.

He definitely didn’t help himself with what he chose to say and how he said it. In the end credibility was a key factor. He lied for the last 20 months and lied again on the stand. His confession was hollow and self serving.

Thanks to the draining battery on Paul's phone, that he had enough juice to record his video, placing his murderer at the kennels.

The mighty 6'4 Alec brought down by two dogs.

Maybe somebody'll come twice a day and wash down Alec's kennelcell.

It was said upthread -- he could've had a good life. An honest day, an honest dollar. He wrecked it.

The choice was his.

JMO

The wildest moments of the trial for me:

Bomb threat
Jurors with Covid
Dismissed Juror today taking her eggs with her

It's been amazing and unexpected
Omg I missed that she had eggs! I missed early morning court. She literally had eggs with her!?

My impression after hearing what happened and the defense not wanting to dismiss her is that she was leaning towards no guilty. I wonder if we will ever know? Well, apparently she likes to talk …so maybe she’ll give an interview and tell us!

He definitely didn’t help himself with what he chose to say and how he said it. In the end credibility was a key factor. He lied for the last 20 months and lied again on the stand. His confession was hollow and self serving.
He was so cringy on the stand. Not only did he lie after lie …but he seemed so fake and put on up there on the stand. It was pathetic.

In hindsight I'm now looking back to this morning. I have a weird feeling Alex and the rest of the defense team knew they were done for. If you go back there were several posts about the way Alex looked this morning and a difference in the behavior of the lawyers. DH was remarkably silent today and JG really didn't give a good performance in his rebuttal. He was all over the place this morning. I'm really starting to wonder if they got some kind of read on the jury or some kind of info, perhaps from the juror that was booted today or perhaps from some of the other jurors that were replaced. Things were different from the defense today. They had no swagger like they did in the previous weeks. They just seemed off.

What do ya'll think!
I agree, there was an obvious difference in their body language and demeanor today.

Would the verdict have been different if AM had not testified? I wonder what the energy is between the defense team now based on what appeared to be a split for him testifying.
IMO, the dual defenders will be united now as they deal with AM trying to manipulate them using the guilty verdict to fight them over defense fees. We know AM is no stranger to bilking others. JMO

I'm sure we will hear more about it. I think we can take out what her view was and look at what we told to us and she was speaking with not 1 or 2, but 3 different people about this case weather discussing guilt or specific pieces of evidence and what she thought it meant or didn't' mean, it was enough that one of them or someone reached out to the judge to share that she was communicating about the case. Then the judge brought them all in after talking to her. So I'd say he took it seriously and looked into the allegations. I wonder if the fact it was 3 people helped his decision. 1 person it could be said it wasn't what it seemed, but 3 people makes it hard to say someone was mistaken. If that juror would have voted not guilty, then it still isn't on the judge or the state to not remove them when the misconduct was brought to their attention.
I too was surprised to hear that it was 3 people. I suppose the Judge told her that someone had reported her, and she was asked to provide the names of all people she had discussed the case with. When she was finished guessing who had reported her, she gave three names.

The Judge told her that it had nothing to do with her ex-husband in court this morning, so we know that he was one of the people she spoke with.

I thought the defence mentioned that they didn't agree with the decision to remove the juror. One reason that the defence would do that is because the defence believed the juror favoured them. If that juror was going to decide not-guilty, or perhaps discussed that with people, keeping her mouth shut would have changed Murdaugh history. A hung jury would have meant the bold family's status in the community was intact.

Just looking at the financial crimes AM perpetrated...he has absolutely no conscience. So glad he is going to prison. He stole money from people who trusted him. There is something so wrong about this type of abuse. Too bad he didn't get the death penalty, he really deserved it.

Law and Crime talking heads pretty much ignoring the GUILTY verdict---they are still arguing that AM probably hired someone to beAt up Paul, to gain public sympathy about the boat trial.

OK, even if he did, it would be Felony Murder against AM because of the deaths.
It’s infuriating, I’m not sure if it’s because their ‘experts’ are essentially touting to a national audience or if they simply don’t understand the key issues. I would have really liked to get the perspective of a reputable criminal psychologist.

What do ya'll think!
Agree. The email from yesterday…may have been about juror telling friends/family that it wouldn’t take long bc they were all on the same page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong