GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think it is strange that he is not allowed pens, but he can carry out a big 3 ring binder every day? Is that some special kind? Because 3 ring binders are already weapons of themselves- many innocent fingers can attest.
He never gets in the van with the binder though but a pen could easily be hidden

In this article first poll nine guilty, 2 not guilty, 1 undecided. The two not guilty based their opinion on the shell casings, that pointed to 2 gunmen, I viewed the shell casings as pointing to his guilt. moo

Last edited:
Law & Crime are still saying there's more to this. I really don't think so at this point, I wanted to believe it when it happened that there were 2 stranger shooters but the actions after that lead in another direction. He did it and it's sickening to think so but it's time to accept it. Judge was great!
What the heck do they think there is more to? It seems so clear. Or, can they just not stand to be wrong?

As a lying liar who lies, AM has already figured out that the judge is too smart to fall for his shenanigans and attempts to gather the upper hand through looking him in the eye and weeping (as in his ad for the video services). I think he will either be stoic(ICK) or have his lawyers be defiant. The only people he cares about are the ones on his side and he knows the judge is not. Today we will find out if MM's family is still on his side or not. So, it will be interesting.
He lost and he’s a lawyer. The judge & staff must be disgusted with the -AM show-
The twirling lifesavers, the coat over his cuffed hands, him smiling coming out of the van cage, DH acting like it was HIS courtroom.
OVER.

Moo

This is where the 45 minutes is coming from.

The jury then watched a responding officer’s body camera video taken at the crime scene. The heart of their brief debate surrounded shotgun shells, which he said the not guilty voters put forward as evidence of Murdaugh's innocence. During trial, the defense suggested there were two triggermen but the prosecution maintained the only man who was in the position to commit the crime was Murdaugh.

It only took Moyer and the majority 45 minutes to turn the holdouts, he said.

He lost and he’s a lawyer. The judge & staff must be disgusted with the -AM show-
The twirling lifesavers, the coat over his cuffed hands, him smiling coming out of the van cage, DH acting like it was HIS courtroom.
OVER.

Moo
Yeah. I noticed as he was leaving the court house, after the guilty verdict, that he didn't bother to continue the ruse of innocence by covering his cuffs! He was found guilty, and he looks like he isn't arguing with that. Shows me the jury came to the right verdict.

And Buster will only be ok because he was in Rock Hill, SC on 6/7/21. If he would have been at Moselle, he’d probably be with Mags and Pau Pau.

I hope Buster goes on to have a productive life and doesn’t continue to get manipulated by AM (I won’t refer to him as his father). He will still have many more privileges than most, so I hope he uses them for the good.
I feel the same way about Buster. He has a lot to overcome emotionally at such a young age and I hope someone good takes him under their wing and keeps guiding him in the right direction.

Both towns are hotspots for sure and can travel nation wide if needed and wanted.
Reserve me a spot, @Edvis. I'll be hopping aboard with my deviled eggs this morning at the Whistle Stop in Bugtussle, Alabama. (Don't blow by me!) I'm recovering from an all-nighter, spent hovering over a hot stove -- a burlin' dem eggs for today's celebration!

Last edited:
Special call-out to all the members of SLED that took a real beating here. They did right by MM and PM.
Did y’all see the very stoic bailiff nodding to Meador’s rebuttal whenever law enforcement was mentioned? And especially when he said “Thank you!” to LE? It was kind of a picture of their vindication.

Interesting that the juror who spoke out so far said the kennel video sealed his fate. He made no mention of the financial crimes aka motive. That was a REACH for sure and clearly it didn’t make an impression. I’m conflicted still bc I don’t feel like the state met it’s burden. But I also can’t imagine anyone else doing this - it just makes no sense either way. Why did he do it?? With Tex McIver I bought the financial motive but here it just doesn’t make sense!!

I'm sorry I wasn't here for the justice last night! BF and I had just settled in for dinner and I'd shut my computer for the evening. When the "breaking news" alert came on the TV, I knew it would be good news. I can't wait to see the no-tears sentencing shortly! I really enjoyed being here to see this case followed to completion and "meeting" so many smart folks with great takes on crime and law. After this, on to the next malfeasants!

Interesting that the juror who spoke out so far said the kennel video sealed his fate. He made no mention of the financial crimes aka motive. That was a REACH for sure and clearly it didn’t make an impression. I’m conflicted still bc I don’t feel like the state met it’s burden. But I also can’t imagine anyone else doing this - it just makes no sense either way. Why did he do it?? With Tex McIver I bought the financial motive but here it just doesn’t make sense!!
I feel slightly conflicted too but if the video places him there roughly 4 minutes before their deaths, his actions afterwards sealed the deal for me. No surprise, shock, horror, relief or anything that he left 4 minutes before the killer and he's the luckiest SOB alive to not also being shot. And no comments about "I just left, I can't believe I didn't hear the gun shots"

Last night thoughts after conviction wandered over to hoping that AM will forgive himself for the wrongs that he’s done. He knows what he did. He can’t bring MM and PM back, but he can take accountability.

I also wonder if in death PM wanted to make AM’s wrong, a right, justice. After all it was “little detective” PM’s phone key evidence that came to light. PM’s way of letting his dad know at some point to maybe take responsibility for what happened… for what you did. Unlike the scene at the hospital after the boat crash. And probably for many other times while growing up there never was any discipline …only cover up … protect the family name. But, this time AM went too far with murder.

Justice prevailed for Maggie and Paul!

:)Of course this is speculation on my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado