GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, the dual defenders will be united now as they deal with AM trying to manipulate them using the guilty verdict to fight them over defense fees. We know AM is no stranger to bilking others. JMO
I don't think that Alex was paying -- I think that one or both of the brothers were paying and they still have plenty of money. There is nothing the Murdaughs understand better than the importance of connections, so I doubt they will stiff Jim and Dick; Jim is a powerful attorney and Dick is a politician and attorney.

I also think that more important than money to Dick and Jim, is that they got a national stage.

JMO

Gosh it did my heart good to see Laura Rutland and Officer Greene waiting for the convicted Alex to show up in his prison jumpsuit and florescent flip-flops. Bless them and all LE for their service.

UGH<. I wish he wasn't talking about this before sentencing tomorrow. It is SOOOOOOOO easy for a juror to say the wrong thing----then the defense gets a hold of it and it is suddenly jury trouble, etc.

If they decide the jury did something incorrectly, this verdict can be nullified.

I don't like the way this juror worded this :

"When he and his colleagues arrived at the deliberation room late on Thursday, Moyer said they passed over the small talk they had entertained during their six weeks of sworn silence and took a poll on Murdaugh’s guilt.

Nine, including Moyer, believed the defendant was guilty, two thought he was innocent, and one was unsure, according to Moyer.

He said the jury then watched a responding officer’s body camera video taken at the crime scene. The heart of their brief debate surrounded shotgun shells, which he said the not guilty voters put forward as evidence of Murdaugh's innocence. During trial, the defense suggested there were two triggermen but the prosecution maintained the only man who was in the position to commit the crime was Murdaugh.

It only took Moyer and the majority 45 minutes to turn the holdouts, he said."

That final sentence could be problematic. The defense could latch on to it and demand the jurors are polled by the judge about if they felt pressured or forced to change their minds.
I agree the juror could have waited a day for this interview. As much as I want to hear from jurors after a verdict, it always makes me nervous.

When the clerk polled each juror last night, I thought what she asked was a little unusual … she asked “ Was this your verdict AND is this still your verdict”

I’m glad she did now as I think it covers this.

I am thunderstruck that Court TV showed an interview with OJ commenting on the trial….what the heck are they doing!? Giving his “analysis”. OMG

look at it this way.......... Of all the publicity trials in our lifetime, what are the top five?

I think Murdaugh will be in that number going forward......

Gosh it did my heart good to see Laura Rutland and Officer Greene waiting for the convicted Alex to show up in his prison jumpsuit and florescent flip-flops. Bless them and all LE for their service.
i Feel the same way seeing the deputies who were there on the Night of June 7th waiting for him to arrive …. A reminder of “we got you!” :)

Court TV Takes You Inside the Colleton County Courthouse

Check out how close the witness chair is to the jurors!
i wanted him to be found not guilty. I hoped they could find someone else who did this...ANYONE! I couldnt see my way clear to find him not guilty in my heart, but i hoped i had maybe missed something. He is a monster, imo. This crime cries out for the death penalty but I think the prosecutors didnt think they would get a guilty verdict if the death penalty was attached. He deserves to be in an orange jumpsuit forever. Actually, he deserves to be in a shroud.....jmo

Wildest moment in the trial for me so far, in a trial with many wild moments, was the "let's stage the Moselle property for the jurors with Maggie's bike, a random flowerpot with Buster's name, an empty shirt in the window and a stuffed chicken in the dog pens" moment. o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Buster really gives off a snarky vibe and I hope it is a coping mechanism but in spite of that I pray he finds peace. The tragedy that is his life is sad. I have no doubt both families will rally around him. It comes down to the old fable and about good and evil - it depends on which side you feed.
I hope SLED starts working on justice for Stephen Smith ASAP. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23