GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the pattern and/or color of inmate's clothing (examples: stripes or bright orange) were/are chosen so in case of an escape their presence would stand out from the populace? This beige jumpsuit AM is wearing doesn't even have INMATE on it or bright letters to stand out. If an inmate wearing one of these escaped into the woods somewhere, good luck in spotting them from the ground or air. Just an perplexing observation for me.

So glad the jury used common sense and logic to find him guilty. I was worried there would be a hung jury—not because the prosecution didn’t do a good job. They did! But because I thought they might be too afraid to convict him. That family really had a hold on the community for so long. But that is OVER! Thank goodness.

Maggie's family have been noticeably absent from the trial, except for when her sister testified. They did not support Alex so I would be surprised if any of that side of the family shows up for an impact statement, unless it's on Buster's behalf.

Maggie's family are victims too, they can speak for themselves.

It's a disgrace if nobody speaks, even if they were just trying to avoid the limelight.

I was not impressed with SC AG Wilson giving himself props. Although his moving all around made me a nervous wreck Meadors was the closing VIP. He was powerful. And CW well he was the MVP! They worked as a team and took the victory as a team so many deserved praise. It was inappropriate for Wilson to pay his own back after he realized CW wasn’t going to. That’s not a good leader. It’s like he took on one public questioning part so he would be recognized. Helping your team doesn’t win you kudos, it should win the team accolades. He is already the boss, we get it! Sorry it rubbed me wrong.
JMHO but the tech person who got that snap out of Paul's phone is the hero. Without that the case is lost.

AM would have continued to assert he was never there, but the snapchat vid not only that he was there, but that he was there minutes before the murders and that he lied and concealed that fact.

That would have been "reasonable doubt" for many. Fortunately, that video shut the door on that doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard