GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one spoke on behalf of Maggie and Paul! Does this mean they don’t think he did it? I can’t imagine any other reason.

Judge is so disgusted with AM and has no doubt he did it! Consecutive LWOP!

I will say if I were innocent and in front of the judge sentencing me to life I would be shaking/losing my mind. AM was so composed and rehearsed in his denial!
The way I look at it, the witnesses spoke on behalf of Maggie and Paul during the trial. Especially those who identified Alex’s voice on the Snapchat video.

What was that about his Grandfather's portrait? It had been in the courtroom and taken down during the trial? Will it be put back up?

Two consecutive life sentences. Harshest available. I bet AM wishes he had a pocketful of oxi today.

Well he def got Smoked! A shame he still believes in his innocence. No emotion. At least the judge made him squirm for a few minutes. What an epic fall from grace! This is going to be looked at as the Great American Tragedy. It had a little bit of everything and I suspect we've only scratch the surface of this man's depravity. I hope the truth of everything comes out one day. For now, I tired of looking at this monster's face.

I have never heard a summation of sentencing like the one done by Judge Newman. He was so truly heartfelt, and seemed saddened by the entire case. He was having none of Alex's lies, he held him accountable for once in his life.

I loved this Judge before this case, followed him on other cases, but admire him 100 x more now. I hope he continues in good health and honorable conduct for many years to come. We need more like him.

MOO

No one spoke on behalf of Maggie and Paul! Does this mean they don’t think he did it? I can’t imagine any other reason.

Judge is so disgusted with AM and has no doubt he did it! Consecutive LWOP!

I will say if I were innocent and in front of the judge sentencing me to life I would be shaking/losing my mind. AM was so composed and rehearsed in his denial!
And, importantly, he didn't deny killing them -- he denied hurting them. IMO in his mind he didn't hurt them -- he ambushed them and executed them so quickly that they were dead before they could even fully process what was happening.

If the Murdaugh's really believe that AM didn't do it will they spend the rest of their lives and millions of dollars looking to find the ones they believe did it? I don't think so - this will go down as a family legend about wrongfully accused and sentenced Alex Murdaugh told for the next generations, just the next chapter in the Murdaugh family saga.

I hope in subsequent interviews about this case somebody asks Rogan or others if Paw Paw was a common nickname used. I know it’s a small detail, not relevant to the evidence but dang I’m curious if he made that up for the witness stand which it appears to me he did. Hearing him use it today made my skin crawl Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ulanov911