GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>
Judge Newman said the photos were not from the gallery/audience but allegedly from the inside and reminded all about Kobe Bryant's family and multi-million award from LA County personnel for leaking photos of the crash victims.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gloria Satterfield’s family attorney, Eric Bland, is talking on Court TV saying that he doesn’t think all of the money Alex stole was spent on opioids. He said Alex would have had to take 433 pills a day to account for the $50,000 spent per week. He said FBI will investigate but could take years.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> ... the judge warned the person who did it what the consequences could be, giving an example of Vanessa Bryant lawsuit (and Chris Chester) concerning death photos at the scene.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, a lot of those youtube lawyers were way wrong, weren't they?!?!

And most of us here on WS were right. I just want to take a moment to relish that fact.
Yes! Those commentators (and certain voices here) were starting to get in my head a little bit yesterday, I must admit. Not that I had ANY doubt about his guilt, but i started really trying to work through and understand how anyone could be concluding that hung jury/ mistrial was a possibility. All that mental Houdini work I was doing for naught!!! Hallelujah!

And most of us here on WS were right. I just want to take a moment to relish that fact.

The Court TV and Law and Crime and News Nation lawyers all seem to act like the commentators on sports shows, where they will take one side or the other regardless of who they really think should win, just to create more drama and interest.

I heard one lawyer last night saying that Alex totally "played" CW during his cross exam. And that was AFTER the 3-hour verdict! They're really all just useless with rare exceptions.

It was interesting to watch this trial. I saw many missed opportunities by the defense. But the biggest blunders INMO.
1. AM should have never testified. It opened the door for the prosecution to bring up his other crimes, lying.
2. Bringing up his drug addiction was a very poor decision.
3. The trip to Moselle, as a defense request was a complete failure.
4. The closing arguments with those graphics of his steps and phone calls, basically laid out how AM did the crime to me. It was so impossibly stupid. The closing argument seemed like it was a continuation for the prosecution.
5. AM's insisting to stay in this county was yet another poor decision.

Take off the sunglasses Harpootlian!!!

They are photos of computer screens in the courtroom. It appears someone in pew behind counsel shot over the shoulders of lawyers, probably with a phone.
Highly highly unlikely someone in the Courtroom whipped out a phone. The rows immediately behind Counsel are members of their team and Media. The Judge and bailiffs would have seen.

The screens facing the Gallery were covered whenever sensitive photos were shown to the Jury.

The leaked photos are Screenshots someone took off the live feed when the pool camera happened to catch the screen facing the Jury for a moment.
( Thev pool camera that videos AM walking out that door every day- the only camera allowed in the Courtroom)

I saw one very graphic SS on Twitter. Believe me I did not go looking for it. It showed up when I was searching AM name on Twitter. Wish I’d never seen it.

JMO

Gloria Satterfield’s family attorney, Eric Bland, is talking on Court TV saying that he doesn’t think all of the money Alex stole was spent on opioids. He said Alex would have had to take 433 pills a day to account for the $50,000 spent per week. He said FBI will investigate but could take years.
I saw that! And last night I watched the Netflix documentary. The Fitnews guy said he did the math and there’s no way all that money could have been spent on opiods. I think he said something like ..if that’s the case - AM would have bought something like 114 YEARS worth of opiods.

If you guys were jurors, would you talk to the media?

Probably not—that would be the wise thing to do. If I talked to them, it’d be to say that they were jackals at best, and sociopaths at worse, and that I wasn’t going to say one word about the case. Obviously, it’d be better to say nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda