GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he just stashed that stuff along the trees/bushes at Alemeda, what a chance he took. He surely never expected LE to search their home or consider him suspect initially. All these loose ends drive me nuts sometimes.
drives me crezzy the house wasnt roped off immediately. which resulted in the housekeeper moving items around, 'cleaning up' at AM's request the next day.

drives me crezzy the house wasnt roped off immediately. which resulted in the housekeeper moving items around, 'cleaning up' at AM's request the next day.
Same! I could go on and on about those loose ends. Part of me thinks It wasn’t laziness or shotty police work, but that some of the SLED team were still being controlled and manipulated by the Murdaugh family.

Reposting my post from a week ago. Seems the judge was thinking this too. BBM:

The defense is trying to raise doubts about basically every piece of evidence -- the replacement gun, the angle of the shots, when Maggie's phone was thrown, parking on the grass at Almeda... it goes on and on. But to me there almost seems like a subtext of if Alex did it, it was an addicted, crazy Alex and he would never have done this intentionally, i.e., in his right mind, so almost hoping for jury nullification, while throwing out these reasonable doubt snippets for a juror to cling to. Not sure if this makes sense. JMO.

But for whatever reason, they didn't use a voluntary intoxication defense (claiming he was unable to form intent, so it could not be first degree murder; it was second degree murder or even voluntary manslaughter). Nope, they didn't want to plead out to a lesser charge, using lack of intent/voluntary intoxication.

That's their own fault. And let's face it, we were all on tenterhooks here, wondering if Alec would be convicted. The same youtube lawyers who predicted he wouldn't be, are now whining that the jury didn't deliberate long enough to truly consider all the digital evidence.

The jury spent a month or so immersed in that evidence. Why would they need a bunch of time to go over it again? Defense completely failed to bring up any reasonable doubt. ABCNews has an interview with a juror already:

Wherein the juror states that the actual deliberation took 45 minutes and that the kennel video was basically the key piece of evidence.

I figure this means 45 minutes from the first vote to the second.

IMO.

I was a little confused on this.
Was it leaked by someone or was it, like the jury being filmed, accidentally filmed on camera.
I know that at one point there was an autopsy picture of MM that was visable on camera and, apparently, there was one of PM that was visable but I did not see that one.
I would hope no one there would leak those horrible pictures.
I saw the one of MM when it happened, a prosecutor, really quite off-handedly, flipped the paper covering the screen that was on the prosecutor's table, facing the court reporter, flipped it off then back on. I looked away, not wanting to see. It seemed very unintentional to me, their actions. I did not see, thank God, anything done when they were talking about PM's injuries...glad to have missed it. I sure hope, if it's anything more than those two incidents, they find whose responsible.

Pleased that justice has been served with the verdict yesterday and sentencing today.

Grateful to see such competent, eloquent and fearless prosecutors win this victory.

Truly sad that there were no victim impact statements.

The lack of impact statements tells me that there is either great fear of going against the Murdaughs in Maggie’s family and beyond or there is huge denial still present.
I can understand Maggie’s sister and parents not wanting to upset Buster- he’s all they have left of Maggie.
It just seems so irreverent though that nobody that knew or loved Maggie or Paul had the guts to say a word to Alex in court.
Maybe only a very select few were given the option to speak and declined.
It’s sad to me that not a single family member or friend of Maggie’s or Paul’s told Alex off.
Either there is great respect for the Murdaugh family members other than Alex that are still left or everyone for miles around is scared ******** of the Murdaugh clan.

Gives me even more respect for the fearless prosecutors including Mark Tinsley who are fighting for justice.

It takes tenacity and great bravery to stand up for what is right and true.
I agree wholeheartedly with your last sentence. Thank God for those who stood up. I was hoping to hear some impact statements, but perhaps those who testified for the prosecution felt that was their safe way of essentially speaking out to AM, and speaking for MM and PM … just a thought FWIW

Keep up with the appeals I guess.
I'll def be on ALERT for anything going on with that family. I saw that SLED said they would go after whoever aided AM in this. That will be wild in itself for sure. Looking forward. Must mean ridding the gun, bloody outfit anything he requested. Hoping too for justice for Steven Smith and Mrs. Satterfield, those both are being further looked into, with Mrs. S even being exhumed. Someone in law there means business.

I'll def be on ALERT for anything going on with that family. I saw that SLED said they would go after whoever aided AM in this. That will be wild in itself for sure. Looking forward. Must mean ridding the gun, bloody outfit anything he requested. Hoping too for justice for Steven Smith and Mrs. Satterfield, those both are being further looked into, with Mrs. S even being exhumed. Someone in law there means business.
Keel's comment made me wonder if they think someone did aid Alec.

I hope they jump right into Stephen's and Gloria's cases ASAP. My feeling has always been there was a crime in both.

If he just stashed that stuff along the trees/bushes at Alemeda, what a chance he took. He surely never expected LE to search their home or consider him suspect initially. All these loose ends drive me nuts sometimes.
Count me among those who would not be in the LEAST surprised to someday discover the guns used are buried with RM3.

A man who would go from murdering his son in cold blood to laying his head alongside that of his dementia-ridden mother's in her bed to use her as an alibi would do anything.

Late to the finale all. But did manage to get my car dealership where oil was getting changed, to put on CNN this morning at 9:30 am EST. Saw the judge pronouncement. Wow, amazing and his choice of words. There are no words to describe.

I‘ve just caught the live interviews with Mr. Waters and the AG on CourtTV. And then a quick word from Dr. Kinsey. As I’ve noted in earlier posts his dialect, demeanor, and choice of words during testimony were superb and I believe pivotal and quite credible too towards the end.

And then it just hit me now….. in a way Dr. Kinsey‘s speaking voice and enunciation reminds a bit of the late Shelby Foote. A renowned Civil War historian. Oh how I loved to listen to him describe historic events in his beautiful southern voice and manner during the Ken Burn’s series on the Civil War.

ETA: Dr. Kinsey. Sorry.

Last edited:
But for whatever reason, they didn't use a voluntary intoxication defense (claiming he was unable to form intent, so it could not be first degree murder; it was second degree murder or even voluntary manslaughter). Nope, they didn't want to plead out to a lesser charge, using lack of intent/voluntary intoxication.

That's their own fault. And let's face it, we were all on tenterhooks here, wondering if Alec would be convicted. The same youtube lawyers who predicted he wouldn't be, are now whining that the jury didn't deliberate long enough to truly consider all the digital evidence.

The jury spent a month or so immersed in that evidence. Why would they need a bunch of time to go over it again? Defense completely failed to bring up any reasonable doubt. ABCNews has an interview with a juror already:

Wherein the juror states that the actual deliberation took 45 minutes and that the kennel video was basically the key piece of evidence.

I figure this means 45 minutes from the first vote to the second.

IMO.
I have felt for a long time that Alex has wanted to see this as it was not "the real me" -- the stress and drugs made me into a different person. JMO.

A juror who convicted Alex Murdaugh on Thursday told ABC News in an exclusive interview that the piece of evidence which convinced him the disgraced lawyer was guilty, was the cellphone video placing him at the scene minutes before the murders of his wife and son.

“I was certain it was [Murdaugh’s] voice,” Craig Moyer, a carpenter, said as he recalled the background voice he heard during his first watch of the video captured by Murdaugh's son. The video was taken at the family's dog kennels by Paul Murdaugh, 22, who later that night was brutally murdered along with his mother Margaret, 52.

MORE: Alex Murdaugh found guilty in murder of wife, son

“Everybody else could hear [Murdaugh’s voice] too,” Moyer said, referring to the other jurors.

I have felt for a long time that Alex has wanted to see this as it was not "the real me" -- the stress and drugs made me into a different person. JMO.
I agree with this.
In his mind, he is able to seperate himself from the acts of June because of his drug use.
In his words, "I would never intentionally hurt Maggie or Paul Murdaugh"

Funny that DH said the financial stuff should have never been allowed in because it influenced the jurors into believing AM was a horrible person. And yet the juror interviewed said the kennel video is what solidified their decision because it placed AM at the murder scene. He also said Alex’s own testimony did him in because the jury did not believe him to be truthful and that he was faking emotion and tears.

I hope his sister got some of his "drug" money because she showed her tail and complicity by trying to break courtroom rules. I have never seem a group of people act so privledged in my life. And the Beaver taking the stand for Wally - golly gee we are just so stinkin normal - BS! At least Randy was smart enough not to make a spectacle of himself. Not sure what I expected but they are classless - money does not buy everything. Prayers for MMs family - no one deserves to die but lay down with dogs..... They knew Paul was driving that boat and someone's child died. All the while they lied and tried to hide assets. It really is disgusting.
LOL…”the Beaver taking the stand for Wally” (my generation of TV shows) :)

I wondered why RM didn’t testify on his brother’s behalf. I also wondered why I didn’t see him yesterday and today. RM is still a practicing attorney so maybe he’s trying to salvage his reputation even though he has the Murdaugh name.

I’m not confident at all as to who might have protected AM, but perhaps we will find out some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77