GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Lindsey Edwards, the young woman interviewed about her violent experiences with Alex Murdaugh while being a victim of human trafficking, can rest easier knowing he will be in prison for the rest of his life. She experienced the monster that Judge Newman referred to during sentencing--the one who killed his wife and son. I find it hard to believe that no one else ever experienced that side of AM. I thought she was brave to do that interview, and it gave me insight into how the human trafficking industry actually works, and how it is used and protected by men like AM--who wield influence, power and money to enable a corrupt system which exploits girls and young women. Horrifying. (I will never look at a PGA tournament the same way again. For years I have not watched the Super Bowl--the biggest event/weekend for sex-trafficking in our country.)

JG says that the family has come away after 6 weeks of the trial more convinced than ever that Alex is innocent. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Interesting. after watching some of the coverage this morning and judge’s pronouncement of sentence, couldn’t help but notice I believe the defendant’s sister constantly shaking her head when the judge was making certain points.

What do some say? Denial = Don’t Even (No) Know I Am Lying?
MOO.

Count me among those who would not be in the LEAST surprised to someday discover the guns used are buried with RM3.

A man who would go from murdering his son in cold blood to laying his head alongside that of his dementia-ridden mother's in her bed to use her as an alibi would do anything.
I think they need to ask AM’s brother about the guns - the brother who is seen on Fit News drone footage removing guns and rifles from the main house at Moselle shortly after the murders. I believe it was the one who cleaned up Paul’s remains the day after the murder, but would need to rewatch the Netflix doc.

I'll def be on ALERT for anything going on with that family. I saw that SLED said they would go after whoever aided AM in this. That will be wild in itself for sure. Looking forward. Must mean ridding the gun, bloody outfit anything he requested. Hoping too for justice for Steven Smith and Mrs. Satterfield, those both are being further looked into, with Mrs. S even being exhumed. Someone in law there means business.
99 cases pending for Judge Newman. I imagine the narcissist AM will not want a plea deal but speedy trials on each and every charge. The judge might retire before the end of all that which could take decades, but he'll be adding year after year of prison time onto the two consecutive life terms.
It's over. Never to see the light of day except maybe in the exercise yard of whatever maximum security prison he ends up in.

He knows what he did and in the darkness of his mind even he can't lie to himself forever.

IMO, this family were legends in their own mind with the help of intimidation, corruption and fear. Big fish in a little pond. I'm sure it will be tough to face reality that their family has been exposed nationally but to survive, sans moving, they need to humble themselves. That being said there are probably too many who are used to the good ol' boy ways of doing things and to whom have benefitted that won't want anything to change. TBD...

Funny that DH said the financial stuff should have never been allowed in because it influenced the jurors into believing AM was a horrible person. And yet the juror interviewed said the kennel video is what solidified their decision because it placed AM at the murder scene. He also said Alex’s own testimony did him in because the jury did not believe him to be truthful and that he was faking emotion and tears.
This is why most murder defendants do not testify.

*** :) :) Post of the Day! :):)***
They have to be embarrassed for their performance in court. IMO, I think they thought that this case and their client would not be a big deal to handle. No one will convict a Murdaugh. They, IMO were unprepared and struggled through, but I guess you have to take into consideration what they had to work with.

He doesn't care at all. Truly Evil! Alex loves Alex, and no one else. He uses everyone around him, cons them into submission. I am disappointed that no one felt they needed to voice their sadness, loss, anger. I am shocked.
Remember that there are still outstanding questions about Ms. Satterfield, who supposedly 'fell' down the stairs at their house, And the young gay classmate of Buster's who was killed and left in the roadway has not been solved either. Buster had an extra Driver's License made so that Paul could use it to get booze when he wished. He is no innocent here in my mind. Don't be surprised if all kinds of new cases come from information learned while investigating this and the financial crimes of AM. As Judge Newman said, "When will it end?" MOO

"I would never" is one of those tells for liars, like "I have no reason to." They say something indirect instead of directly saying, no, they did not do it.
the litany of shady answers were always "what I or they would normally do'. never answered the question directly. of course everyone had to wade through the sunflowers, health issue of his mother, maggie's unknown dr apt, etc etc etc. his testimony hurt my head.

Funny that DH said the financial stuff should have never been allowed in because it influenced the jurors into believing AM was a horrible person. And yet the juror interviewed said the kennel video is what solidified their decision because it placed AM at the murder scene. He also said Alex’s own testimony did him in because the jury did not believe him to be truthful and that he was faking emotion and tears.
And I thought I just heard an interview with defendant’s counsel post sentencing on the Courthouse steps.

Sure thought I heard lead defense counsel say along lines of once video was out - ‘he had to take the stand’. And that was after discussing the apparent conversations about whether the defendant should testify on his behalf.

I found that an interesting statement.
MOO.

I think they need to ask AM’s brother about the guns - the brother who is seen on Fit News drone footage removing guns and rifles from the main house at Moselle shortly after the murders. I believe it was the one who cleaned up Paul’s remains the day after the murder, but would need to rewatch the Netflix doc.
JMM talked about cleaning up the crime scene when he was on the stand. He constantly smiles are the most inappropriate times on and off the stand...tried so hard to connect with jury. I don't trust him at all. Don't know much about RM other than he is still at the law firm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member