GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be cause for mistrial. LE and AM would all be prosecuted.

I just don't remember seeing this in MSM.
MOO...
I think talk of money exchanges between Alec / the Murdaughs and LE are related to things like Sherriff Alexander taking a "loan" from Alec "for his parents," the M's having all the local LE for shooting parties and BBQs at their hunting properties, all the financial support the M's have given local officials in political campaigns, etc. There are even more examples but they might be considered rumors so I won't mention. OMO.

Something I didn't know and wanted to share. Judge Newman's 40 year old youngest son died of a cardiac arrest on January 3, 2023 and the judge soldiered on during his grief to serve Colleton County. Just another reason to teach our children to emulate Judge Clifton Newman. This must have created some hardship for the judge and he never uttered a word. I have a newfound level of respect for him.
How horrible to oversee the trial of a man that selfishly slaughtered his young son.
When you would give anything to have your own son well & alive.

MOO

Coward! Also may have convinced himself, by repeating, dreaming about the false possibilities, that he actually didn't do it. Truly Mentally Ill, as I doubt he ever had to take personal responsibility for anything he ever did wrong in his life. MOO
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist!, AM failed at that as well.

There's a thriving black market in genuine pharmeceuticals across the US (supplied by bogus patients getting prescriptions and selling the pills, currupt doctors prescribing to bogus patients for cash under the table, currupt pharmacists creating false prescriptions, pill mills, or theft). They command high prices because wealthy people want to avoid the dangers of street drugs.
^^rsbm

I truly believe it likely this was part of AM's game based on his years of use and his confidence in the product he was ingesting!

I do. Won't be well liked. To many mistakes by LE. Didn't secure crime scene, should have turned over to outside agency, so much circumstational evidence. Didn't look for other suspects, even with PM being threatened. Did thry investigate any rhreats?

I've believed from day one this was revenge. The way PM was killed. I think MM was in the wrong place. Not sure who, he wronged so many. Some hated this man.

I've known grown men to lay in freezing rain, on the ground, silent for hours. Waiting to shoot deer. Two friends laid in wait to record a mother's lover staying over. They recorded until he left the next am 12 hrs.

It would be very easy to park a several miles away. Hike in and lay in wait. I do believe there were two shooters. The persons knew the family well, knew what guns to use.

Now if LE had secured the crime scene, called in our agency to investigate, etc, then I would feel comfortable in the verdict.
Moo....

All good points and I can definitely agree there was better and more that should have been done by LE.

But, nothing I've heard nor read really explains his great lie about "not being there".

ETA: It seems I've lost the ability to make a proper sentence :oops:

Last edited:
So, do we suspect there was some interesting info on PM’s phone? That’s what came to my mind.
SLED reopened the investigation for SS months before they were able to get into Paul's phone. Their motivation for that must have had something to do with what they found at Moselle, Paul's Columbia apartment, or something on Paul's computer. MOO.

This is a great list! The things that gave me the chills were:

- "Whoever did this has been planning it for a long time" - to MM's sister
- "My first priority is clearing Paul's name" -- to MM's sister... who said that her first priority was finding Paul and Maggie's killer.
- "Paul was an intuitive little dude, like a little detective" in his first car interview on the night of the murder. I immediately wondered, "what did "intuitive little detective dude find out?"
- "Maggie didn't work" were the first words out of his mouth when asked to describe his relationship... a possible point of tension?
- "I wasn't washing off guns, or cleaning guns like you implied or said that I was" -- AM on the stand.. all I could think was "huh? WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT WASHING OFF GUNS? Guess you washed off the guns"
- The composite sketch of his "assailant" that just happens to look an awful lot like a cross between Mark Tinsley and Anthony Cook
- "I (or "they") did him so bad" about Paul -- he says it was "they" but I sure hear "I".
- "When I went back there" about the kennels when he was still denying that he actually went to the kennels

ETA: I forgot the one that chilled me the most. When he testified, he said, of going to the dog kennels... "I got up to do what I didn't want to do" which is how I've always imagined he felt about shooting the two... that he didn't really want to, but that he had to.
When he said that last thing….”i got up to do what I didn’t want to do” the hairs on the back of my neck stood up! His eyes were entirely black when he said that! Followed by “I was gettin ready to work. I was getting ready to sweat”…..i could almost hear the deep “demon voice” coming out of his mouth….chilling!

Crime Scene: Alex had called several people who showed up there and were wandering all over, even though some of them were attorneys and knew better. Why didn't they, as attorneys, versed in the law, step away? Tell each other to stay away?

Revenge for what? All those alleged "threats" to PM, not ONE , none, were brought up to LE. None, zero, nada. What threats? If they were threats, why weren't they brought to LE? Whom the Murdaughs had a close relationship with.

Why didn't the dogs alert? Alex admitted there was no one there that would make the dogs bark.

Why was AM on the Snapchat when three people were there moments before the shots were fired and only one survived?

Which persons knew the family well, and knew which guns? Knew where they were? At an unplanned meeting? Why did Alex hightail it to his mothers and why did he pressure the caregiver to lie about the time frame?

Who was the second shooter and why? Who was the first?

The jury looked at the evidence, heard AM testify, in his own words, that he was the only person there who survived.
you just can't get beyond the lies. I can't and the jury could not.

'His father was a district attorney. They ran their county for a hundred years. Alex grew up thinking he was special. He was never denied anything,' she added.

'As a consequence, he walked around with an attitude on steroids. Nothing's changed to this day. He thought he was invincible even when he was lying to the court. But nobody is that special.'

Last edited:
This is a great list! The things that gave me the chills were:

- "Whoever did this has been planning it for a long time" - to MM's sister
- "My first priority is clearing Paul's name" -- to MM's sister... who said that her first priority was finding Paul and Maggie's killer.
- "Paul was an intuitive little dude, like a little detective" in his first car interview on the night of the murder. I immediately wondered, "what did "intuitive little detective dude find out?"
- "Maggie didn't work" were the first words out of his mouth when asked to describe his relationship... a possible point of tension?
- "I wasn't washing off guns, or cleaning guns like you implied or said that I was" -- AM on the stand.. all I could think was "huh? WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT WASHING OFF GUNS? Guess you washed off the guns"
- The composite sketch of his "assailant" that just happens to look an awful lot like a cross between Mark Tinsley and Anthony Cook
- "I (or "they") did him so bad" about Paul -- he says it was "they" but I sure hear "I".
- "When I went back there" about the kennels when he was still denying that he actually went to the kennels

ETA: I forgot the one that chilled me the most. When he testified, he said, of going to the dog kennels... "I got up to do what I didn't want to do" which is how I've always imagined he felt about shooting the two... that he didn't really want to, but that he had to.
Oh my gosh, that last statement - there were a few of these type of statements

If we wanted to talk about reasons for "believing" AM is innocent, we can start with the dogs. I have had dogs, give them chicken or whatever, they are going to eat the food rather than bark about strangers, unless they have had rigorous training. And, what if the shooter/s were not "strangers", but known to the dogs?

That being said, I believe AM is a killer, and right where he belongs.
OTOH, 1. How would someone know Paul and Maggie would be there at that time, as no cell phone records show conversations like that. Other than Maggie's sister encouraged Maggie to go and be with her husband, because of his parents' poor health. 2. How would anyone, other than family, know where guns would be available? MOO

How horrible to oversee the trial of a man that selfishly slaughtered his young son.
When you would give anything to have your own son well & alive.

MOO
Glad @Ray_of_hope posted this article as I want to read it. Knew Judge Newman's son recently passed away but never followed up to read further about it.

Indeed, I believe that it's possible that Alec intended to kill both Paul and Maggie with the two shells he had in the shotgun. Paul with the birdshot (I think it was) and Maggie with the buckshot. At close range and if properly aimed, it would be fatal.

That's a good theory, but we will never know for sure why he used two guns until he tells us. And then we couldn't believe him anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23