GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my understanding is Prince was ever waiting for his script to be filled that evening at the pharm. No arguments from me, but no one will tell me that there was any medical reason Micheal had a reason for home Propofol. None. That is an anesthetic. That “dr” should have been jailed, jmo. I don’t wish at all to have any argument at all with any of you all bc I enjoy you all, but I draw the line on some things and I guess this is this, lol.
I don’t know how this OT topic relates to this case as I haven’t read the entire thread but the NIH and several other entities are conducting trials of propofol use for depression and one can now legally purchase another general anesthetic used for sedation, ketamine, as an off label treatment for depression. Clinics offer injections and nasal sprays in the US, UK, and AU, some treat in office but some allow it to be taken home.
If you don’t have insurance it is sold fairly cheap online in pill form for depression and sent to the comfort of your home, including video therapy sessions. There are a ton of sites doing this now and many people say they have found relief for depression with ketamine therapy when nothing else worked. People have been self medicating and buying it on the street for years now, (and for nefarious purposes as well).
Psychotropic pharmaceuticals will always be abused by a percentage of the population of users. Jmo

I for one do not think he had a wig/toupee.

The person I am aware of in SC. Prison Perry had hair down past shoulders, beard,mustache. After guilty verdict intake at Kickland all shaved off.

Jmo

I for one do not think he had a wig/toupee.

The person I am aware of in SC. Prison Perry had hair down past shoulders, beard,mustache. After guilty verdict intake at Kickland all shaved off.

Jmo
The look has an instant prison gang vibe of a certain persuasion, associating with a group can offer protection inside I’ve heard and jmo.
Kirkland, like all maximum security prisons is a scary place and has had a lot of problems, inmates killing inmates, a correctional officer is in Federal prison for stabbing an inmate there, guards have been taken hostage..

WALTERBORO, S.C. — Alex Murdaugh, the disgraced South Carolina prosecutor who was found guilty of murdering his wife and son, was booked into South Carolina's Kirkland Reception and Evaluation Center Friday evening.

The 54-year-old was completely shaved and wearing a yellow jumpsuit in the most recent mugshot after a judge sentenced him to a double life sentence.

He will be held in a single cell for now, a South Carolina Department of Correctionssource told Fox News Digital.

"He will be assessed, and we will determine what his permanent placement will be," said the source, who noted haircuts are standard procedure.

1677932436377.png
Convicted killer Alex Murdaugh's new mugshot revealed after double life sentence

WALTERBORO, S.C. — Alex Murdaugh, the disgraced South Carolina prosecutor who was found guilty of murdering his wife and son, was booked into South Carolina's Kirkland Reception and Evaluation Center Friday evening.

The 54-year-old was completely shaved and wearing a yellow jumpsuit in the most recent mugshot after a judge sentenced him to a double life sentence.

He will be held in a single cell for now, a South Carolina Department of Correctionssource told Fox News Digital.

"He will be assessed, and we will determine what his permanent placement will be," said the source, who noted haircuts are standard procedure.

View attachment 406931
Convicted killer Alex Murdaugh's new mugshot revealed after double life sentence
I think there may be some choice as to how extreme a “buzz cut” one receives. Jmo.

Locked Up - Columbia Star

Preparing inmates

“They come in chained up together on buses from all over the state,” she said. “They are lined up and the guards check their mouths and hair for contraband or drugs they might be trying to smuggle in, then they turn in all of their belongings for a search and get a hair cut.”

All male prisoners must have a buzz cut, much like the army, [assistant division director of the institution] Staley said.

View attachment 406931
Someone on Twitter just referred to him as "Dollar Store Caillou" and I cannot stop laughing.

I think there may be some choice as to how extreme a “buzz cut” one receives. Jmo.

Locked Up - Columbia Star

Preparing inmates

“They come in chained up together on buses from all over the state,” she said. “They are lined up and the guards check their mouths and hair for contraband or drugs they might be trying to smuggle in, then they turn in all of their belongings for a search and get a hair cut.”

All male prisoners must have a buzz cut, much like the army, [assistant division director of the institution] Staley said.
rbbm
wonder how many pens they found in Alex’s hair?
moo

Is this going to be televised? I remember reading it in the beginning and have the basic details but haven’t been following. Very sad.
I believe there is a trial coming up, not sure about being televised yet, hope so I can get a good eye on the suspect. Yes sounds tragic and another child lost to the abuse of a parent/ step parent.

Yeap!!! Working in mental health, many clients would sell their 180 oxi (monthly limit) for $150-$200 each. This funded lotto, eating out, alcohol, marijuana, cable TV, transportation, etc. They lived on 750. disability benefit.

Another good source for illegal oxi, Assisted Living with Veterans. VA does auto ship by mail. ALs "waste" unused oxi, each month. Easy access to 1000s of pills each month.

Those that can afford prescription oxi have many sources available.

Yes, pill mills still exist, nationwide.

All my opinion only
A good read for those interested in how opioid pills functioned as money, particularly at the height of the opioid epidemic, is Dreamland by Sam Quinones.

I love this judge and I don't think he did anything wrong with his remarks. I think he was amazing, calm and measured and in full control of his court during the trial.

I did see some people in L and C chat complaining, saying it showed the judge was biased and unfair, and it hurt AM's chances for a fair trial. etc etc.....I disagree because I think the judge followed the legal precedents and was impartial in his rulings.

But some of the complaints were that the judge ,allowing in the prior bad acts , unfairly prejudiced the jury against the defendant.
I know of one dark storm cloud that will never hang over the town again and hope the rays of sunlight shine down and bring new life and hope to such a dark place.

Last edited:
I know of one dark storm cloud that will never hang of the town again and hope the rays of sunlight shine down and bring new life and hope to such a dark place.
The whole area already feels 'lighter' if that makes sense. Such darkness and bad press was truly embarrassing to a really quaint and beautiful part of the State made up of hardworking and honest people.

MOO

What's interesting is the jury, cloistered from endless handwringing from TV defence lawyers, saw this as an overwhelming case and appeared to take the natural and obvious 'route one' to a guilty verdict

The accused was simply unable to explain away his fake alibi and lies.

I think there is a trap of speculating into existence yet more theories that the defence themselves don't seriously advance. Especially the vigilante theory. How shall law enforcement investigate something that was 100% invented by the accused immediately after the shooting? But then the defence advance yet another theory that it was the drug associate?

The way to disprove this stuff, is to follow the evidence.
I appreciate ur use of "speculate into existence", and I couldn't agree more with ur full statement!

Somehow I don't believe that AM's family is fully believing in his innocence and steadfast in their support. That sounds like typical defense attorney crapola to me. :rolleyes:

I have seen cases where families stood by in total support---and they took the stand in an effort to mitigate the penalty and to publicly show their loved one their total support.

I've seen grown kids who support their parents, even when that parent allegedly killed the other parent. And grandparents who have stood by their children, even when they are accused of killing the grandchild. And these family members who believe their loved ones are innocent will publicly proclaim that belief. JMO

The problem here, is that the family is quite prominent, JMM owns a business, his kids are youngish, he isn't in a position to stand up for his brother.

JMM looked out for his own interests. Testimony is one thing, he can tell people he was forced to testify. But, standing up for your brother who embezzled money, lied, addicted to opiates, is another thing altogether.

Same with Buster. At this point in time, he is probably done with the lies his father has told.

It is hard to accept the responsibility for previous actions. AM has hurt people, and it appears that the actions of his remaining family is part of that legacy.

The father of boat crash victim Mallory Beach refused to shake hands with Alex Murdaugh's family in court after the legal scion was sentenced to life in prison for the murders of his wife and son - and claimed 'justice has been served.'

< >

He was in court on Friday to watch Alex's sentencing for the 2021 shooting murder of his son Paul and wife Maggie at their South Carolina estate.

Beach was sitting at the back of the courtroom during the hearing on Friday when Murdaugh's brother John Marvin attempted to shake his hand. But Beach refused, telling him: 'I have nothing to say to you.'

Father of Mallory Beach snubs Alex Murdaugh's family in court
Good for him, the attempted manipulating of witnesses, the refusal to acknowledge Pauls roll in her death, the running theme of never being accountable, I would not have anything to say either, well not anything nice. He handled it perfectly moo

The father of boat crash victim Mallory Beach refused to shake hands with Alex Murdaugh's family in court after the legal scion was sentenced to life in prison for the murders of his wife and son - and claimed 'justice has been served.'

< >

He was in court on Friday to watch Alex's sentencing for the 2021 shooting murder of his son Paul and wife Maggie at their South Carolina estate.

Beach was sitting at the back of the courtroom during the hearing on Friday when Murdaugh's brother John Marvin attempted to shake his hand. But Beach refused, telling him: 'I have nothing to say to you.'

Father of Mallory Beach snubs Alex Murdaugh's family in court
JMM really irritates me...of course I don't know him personally but I think of the remaining family he is the most like AM...going up to him in my opinion is really inappropriate and good for Mallory's father. He knows first hand the workings of the Murdaugh clan and it must have been good to be able to see the dynasty end in that courtroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater