4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 74

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I think he (allegedly) did what he had planned for a long time.

As for deep cleaning of the car, well, it means nothing for Police modern methods of finding evidence.

I don't think he entered the car "covered in evidence", he might have worn overalls during the crime or put it on when getting into the vehicle.

The car might have also had protective tarp inside.

But, some evidence must have been left.

JMO

Wonder what info DM has been able to provide on this subject?

The clothes?
It was only a few seconds, she seemed fixated on his face (bushy eyebrows) and general blackness of clothes. It was dark.

He might have taken off the overalls before getting into the car.

JMO

I suspect he more like running clothes on, like a prowler or a cat burglar would wear. He was after all a runner and he may have expected to need to do a runner. Overalls are clunky and can be restrictive and make scuffly noises and aren't much use if you want to bolt into the night and disappear. I wonder if he took the gun and the knife?

If I was BK looking at life in prison / the death sentence (is that applicable?) then absolutely I'd be fabricating whatever cover stories necessary about how I once gave whomsoever's blood it was a lift home one time when they'd fallen and cut their knee...
As far as the death sentence being applicable, I do believe the DA will charge him with death penalty specifications because his alleged crimes meet the criteria for it. Also, he is set up with a DP attorney and at least one parent has spoken out in favor of the DP as a way to get some justice.

Kohberger is not charge yet with the DP because he has not yet entered a plea in the case.

Be interesting if he fabricated elaborate lies on the stand about giving an injured bleeding victim a ride home because the prosecution would tear apart his many lies and trip him up.

I suspect he more like running clothes on, like a prowler or a cat burglar would wear. He was after all a runner and he may have expected to need to do a runner. Overalls are clunky and can be restrictive and make scuffly noises and aren't much use if you want to bolt into the night and disappear. I wonder if he took the gun and the knife?
Im not sure about the clothes :)

But I feel that murder/s were (allegedly) on his mind from the start.

Not SA - was he even connected to any rapes before?
Not that I know of.

His survey tells me he was (allegedly) obsessed with murders.

And I guess, the massive knife was especially bought for this very reason.

IMO it was planned many months before the tragedy happened.
And it happened when he was faaaar away from family home.

Unfortunately, he (allegedly) brought this tragedy and infamy to family house when he decided to go back home at Christmas.
Was he running away?

The destruction of parents' home - that's on him, never LE.

If he is guilty, of course.

Just My Opinion.

Last edited:

Not that I know of.

Unfortunately, he brought this tragedy and infamy to family house when he decided to go back home at Christmas.
Was he running away?

Just My Opinion.
MOO just trying to keep his head down doing his life, not making any sudden moves and hoping the whole thing blows over.

Not that I know of.

Unfortunately, he brought this tragedy and infamy to family house when he decided to go back home at Christmas.
Was he running away?

Just My Opinion.
Was he running away? I have often wondered if BK intended to not return to WSU. The inventory of evidence from his office listed NOTHING, as if he had cleared out all books, papers, etc. Additionally, there were very few items removed from his apartment. No clothes, personal documents, materials related to his future coursework. The pillows were "uncased." There was no mention of linens, towels, etc. Just a mattress casing. As we now know, he took all his textbooks back to PA. It just seems as though he was not planning to return. MOO, of course.

I want to know when he acquired the gun. Did CK possess it during the time of the crimes?
This gun? Glock 22 Gen S. 40 Caliber serial #BMXVSQI

The first so many items listed on the returned warrant are:

Knife
Book with underlining on page 118
AT&T bill for Bryan C. Kohberger
Glock 22 Gen S. 40 Caliber serial #BMXVSQI
Smith & Wesson pocket knife
Folder containing vehicle paperwork
Acer laptop

This group of stuff seems to belong together; from a certain location, found in the same area. Perhaps they're items from a dresser, desktop or inside a drawer. The folder containing paperwork on his vehicle shows he's cognizant of ownership and keeping important docs. So, he possibly keeps that imp paper stored with the Glock and S&W knife? Book, pg 118 and laptop are perhaps kept on top of his furniture.

LE scooped a lot of black colored clothing type items. What does the sum of all parts tell us? Was he a cat burglar by night for kix? This links to the inventory kindly drafted by @I'm Nobody

The DA needs to place BK inside that 1122 house for trial and not just have his phone data indicating a white car's circling around the blocks and stopping near 1122 for a few minutes.

Do we know if the DNA on the knife sheath is from Tdna? Touch DNA can happen along at anytime at any place. moo

I was resisting at first the idea that it said "ID cards," but I've come around to decide I was wrong. That looks much more like a "D" than a "0" given the vertical line on the left side of the figure. The only way I end up with a "0" that looks like that is if I accidentally put a "1" and then try to make it a "0". :) It also looks exactly like the capital "D" that is in item 32 on the prior page, where it says "Desales."

Seems fairly clear to me that it's a capital "D" given all of that.

Link to prior page with item 32.
Thanks for the comparison to other D.
I keep going back and forth between ID and 10, mainly because I think numbers of items are so important in a list as well as descriptions of items. Now that I look closer, there are other plural items without numbers: various criminology books, medical documents, dark colored clothes.
MOO
I don't think we've had any further update on that have we? I guess Murphy is a floofy dog and Murphy hair would get everywhere inside the girls' house so if BK did what is alleged then he would have left there covered in blood (which gets quite sticky quite quickly) and therefore dust and detritus. He would have more than likely picked up a lot of dog hair even if he didn't interact with dog in any way.

Assuming he jumped straight into his car, his car would have been in a terrible mess afterwards too. Do people think that's what he did? Get straight into his car, what is the evidence of what he did immediately afterwards do we know?
PCA suggests he exited at 4:17 and his car sped away at 4:20. I have been checking the period of time before the crime and after the crime after reading Sharonneedles great post with maps in thread #60.

Comparing the times in the PCA and the time it is supposed to take him to travel to the noted places, there is time unaccounted for prior to (from his house to Indian hills dr) and after the crime (from the crime scene to Blain ID).

MOO
edit: spelling

Last edited:
I don't think he was in Montana on the road trip with his dad (someone prove me wrong if that's incorrect! TY!). Although I suppose he could have gone at some other time. This linked MSM and map from that site is saying about their cross-country trip:

"documents show his car triggered a license plate reader in Loma (CO) on Dec. 13. The route takes the father-and-son duo about 15 hours out of the way.".

the initial hours of the duo's journey would have been treacherous had they taken the most direct route — with whiteout conditions that covered parts of the Northern Plains and Upper Midwest in feet of snow.

"A southern route would put a traveler closer to the system’s warm zone and further away from the effects of wintry impacts," Wulfeck said.

The detour south, according to criminal profiler and psychotherapist John Kelly, is among the least suspicious of Kohberger’s actions following the murders.

View attachment 406856

So if he took the southern route, why did Bryan write a note "from Montana"?

JMO IMO I agree with this having driven those routes many times myself though I might have gone thru WY on 80 and dropped down from Cheyenne to Denver instead of 70 across. It all depends on the weather and roads. Longest year I ever spent was 2 days trapped in Cheyenne, full-on blizzard, so it's every imp to check the weather and flee in front of it. Once past Denver the Southern route is much easier. JMO IMO.

Last edited:
If I lived in that area, a trip to Yellowstone would be an absolute must for me! Probably more than one in a 6-month period.

I know it's the totality of evidence, but separated, much of what's come out I find perfectly normal (shovel in the car, possible trip to MT, black clothing and black face mask, etc, etc).

IOW, I don't see an obvious smoking gun in what's been seized. I'll be curious to see how all these things evolve into evidence down the road.

MOO.
JMO IMO
Up to CdA and over to Missoula is a really fun drive and beautiful. Best to do it I warm weather. just the fun dive bars across Montana are a hoot. One of my fav states to visit.

I do not see the obvious smoking gun either, but I do have a lot of questions. JMO IMO

Last edited:
My guesses on the note from Montana: JMO IMO

Could be a first name (mynamestats.com can be searched, for ex) and, if it is a person, I'm sure the Daily Mail will find them. Could be a last name, but then why no first initial? And would LE actually put someone's name in there without redacting it? DM and BF are known entities, but a potential "Montana" would be a whole new unharrassed person just waiting to happen. Based on that, my guess is it is the state, but JMO IMO. Not hard for me to imagine jumping in the car for the 4-hr drive to Missoula. He'd love the Good Food Store, for ex.

I see your point, but “According to a source close to the investigation” is not enough proof for me. No article stating this has provided any direct quotes from local LE. The rest is just unconnected ”experts” filling in the gaps with their own opinions. You very well may be right and I could be way off base. However, I will need to see a better link than the one you have reposted to change my opinion. On the flip side, I can’t provide a link to prove this article wrong either. Just MOO

Edit:
Oops, I apologize, you did not repost the same article. However, I stand by my “A source close to the investigation“ viewpoint. I guess we won’t really know until June. I just can’t help but think genetic genealogy wouldn’t have been mentioned in the affidavit if this had been done. MOO

gliving, here is an interesting article which may support your viewpoint more than it does mine.

It does not imply a lot of insider knowledge, although Chris Swecker, former head of FBI’s CID claims that "there was a hit to his paternal line" in the database of one of the private genealogy companies.

I’m guessing that if he had actual first hand knowledge that that was the case that he could not have shared that in an interview. I also think it would be fairly easy to confuse a hit on the paternal line as being genealogical when it was actual a paternity test.

The part that interests me comes from Cece Moore whom I have a lot of respect for. She said “his case would have been a very difficult one to unravel” and “unless they got really lucky and got a close match, which I doubt, they probably were working day and night on this."

She also says that if genetic genealogy was used on this case that it “would not be unusual“ for it to not be mentioned in the probable cause affidavit.

gliving, here is an interesting article which may support your viewpoint more than it does mine.

It does not imply a lot of insider knowledge, although Chris Swecker, former head of FBI’s CID claims that "there was a hit to his paternal line" in the database of one of the private genealogy companies.

I’m guessing that if he had actual first hand knowledge that that was the case that he could not have shared that in an interview. I also think it would be fairly easy to confuse a hit on the paternal line as being genealogical when it was actual a paternity test.

The part that interests me comes from Cece Moore whom I have a lot of respect for. She said “his case would have been a very difficult one to unravel” and “unless they got really lucky and got a close match, which I doubt, they probably were working day and night on this."

She also says that if genetic genealogy was used on this case that it “would not be unusual“ for it to not be mentioned in the probable cause affidavit.
That was a great article @Nichevo Thanks!
Another link explains more about the DNA and why we aren't hearing more about it. It's worth a read.

Latah County Magistrate Judge Megan Marshall issued a nondissemination order in the case prohibiting any communication from those involved with the public or media, so getting answers to more detailed questions about the DNA evidence is not possible at this time.

I think it is interesting the things we “fixate” on here on WS. I have planned on compiling a list but have not. I am sure it would be lengthy. Probably a way for us to wile away time between the dribbles of information coming out. Some things I can think of off the top of my head:

*Was the house the target or was it an inhabitant?
*Why so long before 911 was called?
*Point of entry and exit?
*Who owned the red Jeep?
*Was Maddie’s “new” Land Rover white? Silver? Gray? Light colored?
*Where was Murphy!?
*Was the sheath left behind?
*Location of ring doorbells, cameras
*Why did it take LE so long to collect video evidence
*Etc, etc, etc…

Of course, with time, the answers to some of these questions have proven relevant.
I mis-stated. The “new” Land Rover was actually Kaylee’s, not Maddie’s.

Another much debated point was if you could purchase a ka-bar knife at Walmart. I actually checked a Walmart in Spokane and although they did not have a ka-bar they did stock the buck knives equivalent with very similar dimensions. A couple of interesting points:
1. Buck knives are manufactured in Post Falls, Idaho
2. The Walmart store i went to has subsequently cleared all large fixed blade knives from its display case

He did drive back to PA with his Father, and did not know if they both may be involved.
IMO, I highly doubt that BK's father was a POI for long. It would be easy for LE to establish that he was across the country in PA and not anywhere near the crime scene at the time of the murders. BK and his father left ID about a month after the murders. JMO.

My guesses on the note from Montana: JMO IMO

Could be a first name (mynamestats.com can be searched, for ex) and, if it is a person, I'm sure the Daily Mail will find them. Could be a last name, but then why no first initial? And would LE actually put someone's name in there without redacting it? DM and BF are known entities, but a potential "Montana" would be a whole new unharrassed person just waiting to happen. Based on that, my guess is it is the state, but JMO IMO. Not hard for me to imagine jumping in the car for the 4-hr drive to Missoula. He'd love the Good Food Store, for ex.
I think it's the state as well. LE took that note for some reason and I really hope we find out why. A cursory Google search didn't show any criminology PhD programs in Montana, so BK program shopping wouldn't fit unless my search was incomplete (which it could be). And ... I'm semi-surprised at the lack of Tony Montana jokes but it is a weekend night after all. JMO

Was he running away? I have often wondered if BK intended to not return to WSU. The inventory of evidence from his office listed NOTHING, as if he had cleared out all books, papers, etc. Additionally, there were very few items removed from his apartment. No clothes, personal documents, materials related to his future coursework. The pillows were "uncased." There was no mention of linens, towels, etc. Just a mattress casing. As we now know, he took all his textbooks back to PA. It just seems as though he was not planning to return. MOO, of course.
Totally with you there. My feeling when I found out what you described above was that he planned to bounce. Add to that the fact that he was allegedly let go from his PhD position and seemed to be no longer enrolled at WSU, I agree it's likely he didn't plan to return. And that's not even taking the four murders that I think he likely carried out.

When I heard that BK's father was making the drive back with him, my immediate thought was that either the dad is super overbearing/controlling or that the dad was worried/knew that his son was in some sort of crisis. I'm NOT saying in ANY way that BK's dad knew about the murders, but I can believe that he and his wife may have sensed something was off with BK. He's 28 but he's ultimately still their child and it seems like he put them through a lot in the past, based on all the MSM reports. All JMO.

Last edited:
I want to know when he acquired the gun. Did CK possess it during the time of the crimes?
This gun? Glock 22 Gen S. 40 Caliber serial #BMXVSQI

The first so many items listed on the returned warrant are:

Knife
Book with underlining on page 118
AT&T bill for Bryan C. Kohberger
Glock 22 Gen S. 40 Caliber serial #BMXVSQI
Smith & Wesson pocket knife
Folder containing vehicle paperwork
Acer laptop

This group of stuff seems to belong together; from a certain location, found in the same area. Perhaps they're items from a dresser, desktop or inside a drawer. The folder containing paperwork on his vehicle shows he's cognizant of ownership and keeping important docs. So, he possibly keeps that imp paper stored with the Glock and S&W knife? Book, pg 118 and laptop are perhaps kept on top of his furniture.

LE scooped a lot of black colored clothing type items. What does the sum of all parts tell us? Was he a cat burglar by night for kix? This links to the inventory kindly drafted by @I'm Nobody

The DA needs to place BK inside that 1122 house for trial and not just have his phone data indicating a white car's circling around the blocks and stopping near 1122 for a few minutes.

Do we know if the DNA on the knife sheath is from Tdna? Touch DNA can happen along at anytime at any place. moo
MOO not everything is going to be on TV, his TDNA has no business on the carrying case for a fighting knife, next to a victim who in her own bed in her own home was knifed to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson