Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am interested in her defense. Thank goodness for the neighbor's video. She is mentally ill? Does mental illness include lying to cover up murder?
Agreed about video footage. I don’t think she was thinking about her neighbors video rolling. Moo

Last edited:
agreed. I worry for Gannon’s mom and dad and honestly his mom mostly because we all know how disrespectful TS is. I’m not looking forward to seeing the games played by TS. Gannon’s parents already have the unbearable loss of their son to deal with and they don’t need any of LS‘s worthless crap. moo
No consolation but at least they have validation -- we all see her for what she is. Crazy maker is done making crazy. Everyone is on notice now. She's not believable, she's not safe. Not fixable, not changeable. Self-appointed Most Important Person in the room, only she's not.

Strange defense really. Insane but only after the fact? Why such a long trial? Couple of bought experts saying she's broken from reality? Someone who can articulate perceived injustices to the court? A thousand personality disorders isn't insanity. It's just disordered. Really, really disordered.

I for one don't want to hear for six weeks how she's a victim of insanity.

That woman, she's a victim-maker.

JMO

Have you watched the YouTube vidie where he tells her he's bleeding. There was only one and then later that part was cut off. Believe it or not SHE put it on youtube.
Yah, she put it on you-tube because she thought it showed her in a good light....and in reality it was one of the most traumatising, toxic, dysfunctional, crazy town things I have ever seen.

No consolation but at least they have validation -- we all see her for what she is. Crazy maker is done making crazy. Everyone is on notice now. She's not believable, she's not safe. Not fixable, not changeable. Self-appointed Most Important Person in the room, only she's not.

Strange defense really. Insane but only after the fact? Why such a long trial? Couple of bought experts saying she's broken from reality? Someone who can articulate perceived injustices to the court? A thousand personality disorders isn't insanity. It's just disordered. Really, really disordered.

JMO
BBM

I don't think we know what all her health records say was going on "before the fact."

While NGRI pleas usually are not successful, when they are it's not always the case the defendant was already known to be extremely mentally ill. For example, John Hinckley (Reagan shooting) had been treated for only depression. But lots of people are. (According to a 2020 study 21 million adults in the US had at least one episode of major depression in the previous year.
Major Depression )

I rather doubt she'll be judged to be "insane" by an expert (or rather, meet criteria) but I don't think that's it's all that unusual for insanity to be an after the fact defense.
JMO

I can't wait for Gannon to get justice . The stepmonster needs to go for a very long time. I gotta figure 6 weeks of casseroles jmoo
I just ordered a bigger crockpot because I gave my big one to my daughter-in-law. I need a big one so I can make large chicken casseroles and chilli con carne and our famous 'homicide lasagna' recipe on Felony Fridays.

Nicole’s February 2 tweets. BBM

Will be attending and live tweeting #leteciastauch hearing at 1:30. Latest mental evaluation should have been completed. Motions to waive jury trial and move venue outstanding. Jury selection set for March 20th, logistics need to be discussed along with media restrictions.

COURT: Letecia is present in the court room.

Judge asked why they haven't gotten sanity evaluation report. Defense saying he will tell expert doctor they will need the report submitted by February 13th.

Defense's expert needs some testing data from the state hospital.

Judge says he needs everything by February 13th.

Judge: biggest thing he needs to get a handle on at this time - how long presentation of evidence is going to take. He said prosecution has witness list with people from all over the place.

DA Allen says it really depends on what Letecia's second evaluation report says. Could need six weeks to present evidence in trial. Depending on what this report says, they may need to bring in more people to rebut.

Judge says it's a "logistical chess match" needs to figure out how long it's going to take to try the case and, based on that, need to pick a start date thinking of how long it's going to take to find a jury.

Judge says if they go six weeks and it takes a couple of weeks to get a jury, we are looking at around Easter, Graduations, Memorial Day to schedule around with jury. He calls these logistical issues.

For jury selection, judge says he's hoping to bring in 75 jurors a day until they have a pool of 110. At this point, in light of a six week jury trial, he would likely have six alternates. So, 12 jurors and 6 alternates for the trial.

Judge says there will be no trial on Thursdays. There will be no trial on Friday, May 12th too. Two press members will be allowed in court room for Jury selection.

Plan is to live stream the proceedings. Once we get to trial, media will be able to record stream. Jury selection will be audio only.

Judge addressing how potential jurors may already know about this case with major new coverage of Gannon's death. He says exposure to publicity is not a basis to remove the juror. It doesn’t matter what they’ve seen or heard as long as they can put that aside, focus on the facts.

Judge thinks the biggest concerns potential jurors will be impacted by is how long this case will be (six weeks potentially) and the age of the victim, Gannon.

Defense is bringing up the concern that some potential jurors will have issue about Letecia's not guilty by reason of insanity plea. Asking that jurors be instructed that if she is found not guilty by reason of insanity, she won't be "getting off."

"While there may be publicity they've been exposed to, I have faith in our potential jurors." He brings up past major cases in Colorado like the Mark Redwine trial.

Judge thinks it will probably take two weeks to get a jury together. They start March 20th. Judge saying we won't start evidence before April 3rd.

Agreed about video footage. I don’t think she was thinking about her neighbors video rolling. Moo
In this day and age phones along with electronic eyes just about everywhere it's become harder for those creeping about and out doing shady evil things to get away with it. The electronic eyes don't lie despite some still denying it after seeing themselves on video.

JMO
Agreed it seems like a last ditch effort these days for those caught in their lies and then suddenly jump into the insanity plea pool and thrash about like they are crazy. Her narcissistic ways were apparent with her videos and believe when the light wasn't shining on her she made a point of doing what she must to remove the problem and pull the limelight back on her, nature of the beast within.

Oh, it'll be a real treat to watch her go down. I hope they go ahead and televise it.
  • Jury Selection on March 20, 2023
  • Trial start s/b April 3, 2023 (start of presenting evidence and that might go on for 6 wks.)
If all goes as scheduled, looks like the Letecia Stauch and Lori Vallow trials will be happening at same time.

Thinking about Gannon.

I apologize, I haven’t been keeping up with the threads at all, and if it’s not too much trouble, I’d like to ask a few questions…

1) is H ever going to be charged for her role in all of this or is it expected that she will testify for the prosecution? I always gave her the benefit of the doubt when she purchased the cleaning supplies, but I don’t see how it’s even possible that she travelled to Florida without knowing what was happening. The smell of that suitcase should’ve been overwhelming, right??

2) when do we expect this to actually go to trial? Any chance that they will allow cameras?

3) When will Dateline, 20/20, or 48 Hours or even a podcaster ever cover this case? It remains to be the most unbelievable case I’ve ever watched unfold - both with the unimaginable and horrific way that poor Gannon suffered and with all of the tactics that Letecia pulled in the aftermath. You would think that they would’ve been all over this case.

Thanks in advance - I can’t wait for sweet Gannon to get justice.

Re "insanity plea"

Does it mean the psychiatrists found her actually insane?

Or is it just her claim?
From what I'm gathering , she's making the claim at this point through her council. I did hear that they are bringing in a professional to assess LS, see where that road leads her future and claims.

Can you imagine LS, after not getting her way ( avoiding the trial and facing her accusers...on Video)....acting up to such a degree that Darrell Brooks did? She would be sent to another room, and silenced. There will be no boxes to hide behind, however she may get a sense of removal from the proceedings. I can see her attempting something during trial, especially if it makes her appear "insane". IMO

Can you imagine LS, after not getting her way ( avoiding the trial and facing her accusers...on Video)....acting up to such a degree that Darrell Brooks did? She would be sent to another room, and silenced. There will be no boxes to hide behind, however she may get a sense of removal from the proceedings. I can see her attempting something during trial, especially if it makes her appear "insane". IMO
Agreed and watched the DB trail from the start and he pulled off the unhinged man to a "T". Thinking LS is calling on all her knowledge to come across as insane but if the court and assessement of her can see through this gaslighting she can face the wrath of someone who just couldn't take not being the center of the universe and poor GS became the outlet to release her anger.

Last edited:
Thinking about Gannon.

I apologize, I haven’t been keeping up with the threads at all, and if it’s not too much trouble, I’d like to ask a few questions…

1) is H ever going to be charged for her role in all of this or is it expected that she will testify for the prosecution? I always gave her the benefit of the doubt when she purchased the cleaning supplies, but I don’t see how it’s even possible that she travelled to Florida without knowing what was happening. The smell of that suitcase should’ve been overwhelming, right??

2) when do we expect this to actually go to trial? Any chance that they will allow cameras?

3) When will Dateline, 20/20, or 48 Hours or even a podcaster ever cover this case? It remains to be the most unbelievable case I’ve ever watched unfold - both with the unimaginable and horrific way that poor Gannon suffered and with all of the tactics that Letecia pulled in the aftermath. You would think that they would’ve been all over this case.

Thanks in advance - I can’t wait for sweet Gannon to get justice.
Re:
#1-- I don't know if HH's done anything she could be charged with.

So far as the suitcase smelling on the Florida trip, we don't really know how that was packed into the vehicle. But even if HH did know or at least strongly suspect something by that point, that doesn't mean she could be charged. Rarely is failure to report a crime a crime itself in the US (even if some seem to think it should be!)

We know from the PCA H wouldn't talk to LE earlier. But she must have later because she was listed as a State's witness for the prelim. The document was posted 5/3/21.

Colorado Judicial Branch

So I'd say there's no chance she'll be charged with anything. And really, who cares what a teenage girl did under her mother's direction? There's no suggestion HH helped kill GS I don't believe.

Re:
Honestly I hope none of those entities feature this crime before it goes to trial. Unless a person is on the run and maybe the public could help ensure he/she is caught, I don't really see those shows as helpful to the cause of justice pre-trial. But maybe that's just me.

JMO

In the letter she wrote to the judge in August. 2020, she seemed very competent, informed, and even signed her name Dr. She claimed she earned a doctorate, but not sure of this. Aside from her claims of threats that she received in her peanut butter and other food items in jail, she seemed no more than just a plain old sane liar trying to be set free.

She earned a doctorate from what is, IMO, a degree mill.

I believe, from her various writings, that she does have severe mental illness, but does not meet the legal definition of insane. IMO.

Counting the days until Tee lands in the “big house” never to see the light of day again.

She’s far from insane. She’s a narcissistic sociopath. She’s a child abuser. She’s a killer and she’s a disgrace to the human race.

I hope she endures a long and torturous life eating peanut butter sandwiches and bologna.

She’s the worst of the worse.

Been here since day 1 and will be here until the last day.

Gannon is my hero!

MOO

I can't bring myself to go back and look but I recall at first, trying so hard to give her the benefit of the doubt. She made it SO hard, right from the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth