GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTE:

Hi everyone,

Let's remember that Buster wasn't the one on trial and convicted for the murder of his mother and brother. Buster LOST his mother and his brother, and now his father is in prison forever, so his entire immediate family is gone. Regardless of your personal opinions of him or his past, he is a victim in this horrible crime. Websleuths is victim friendly, so please stop sleuthing him, and stop the comments that drag us down to the level of other sites that think it's appropriate to trash the victims.

Thanks.

For the powers that be here I REALIZE THAT BM IS A VICTIM!. and my point was hoping that he is not treated as anything else but a victim and that he will be treated as such. Society has a way of putting the sins of the father on the children and pray this doesn't happen here. I in no way ever claimed BM was anything other then a victim and if one interpreted any other way that falls under how you take it in. The prism we all see and read things remains the same and if one feels that what was said was taken personally, only you can control that. AM's entire family are victims and if it came across in any other way forgive me for I do see the reality of the entire case and the effect it had on the victims and us as well. Blessings and understanding are great gift's if we let them ne.

IDK if any of you have watched the
“Your Honor” series. I rewatched the beginning episodes last night.The Judge learned a lot of tricks about lying & using ‘confusing speak’ from the criminals who were right there in front of him in his court! I thought of AM and all the years of learning how to talk, cheat, challenge, trick his way out of anything. Couple that with privileged, embedded, entitled & rules never apply.
He was shady like a cheap pair of sunglasses!
May he know his place NOW.

MOO

MOD NOTE:

Hi everyone,

Let's remember that Buster wasn't the one on trial and convicted for the murder of his mother and brother. Buster LOST his mother and his brother, and now his father is in prison forever, so his entire immediate family is gone. Regardless of your personal opinions of him or his past, he is a victim in this horrible crime. Websleuths is victim friendly, so please stop sleuthing him, and stop the comments that drag us down to the level of other sites that think it's appropriate to trash the victims.

Thanks.
Fully understood and hoped only the best for him and his future, Blessings only

Interestingly enough when he spoke with the officers in the SUV he said at min 3:24 - 3:33 (-31:12) “his (Paul’s) cellphone popped out of his pocket. I started to try to do something with it, thinking maybe but then i put it back down really quickly”.

I don’t know about you, but I think that was one of AM’s confession’s. I beleve that Alex was trying to get into Paul’s phone because he knew that around that time, Paul was texting his friend and and he needed to erase any evidence that may have been on Paul’s phone.

I wonder why Dr. Kinsey didn't mention in his testimony (about Paul's phone) that the pocket that the phone was in had elastic on the top, making it impossible for the phone to have just "popped out' as AM had said. This cut is from his report that the defense filed in their motions for sanctions (page 51):

SanctionsmotionPaulsPhone.jpg

If you think about it, the “why” in this crime, as far as that particular night, is unknown and will probably never be known. We’ve heard the prosecution’s theory of motive but what may have triggered things may have happened that night.
AM is the only source of information on what happened between about 8pm and 9pm and I think it is well established that he is a liar.
Specifically, we have no idea what was talked about while they ate supper. Was it truly about Paul’s feet as per AM, or about AM’s pill addiction. Were ultimatums given?
Did AM notice Maggie’s missing wedding ring? Did she tell him she was leaving him?
Could supper have been a big family argument and Paul and Maggie headed to the kennels to cool down?
Did MM mention financial issues, like bounced checks she had had, and wanted answers.
I think it could have been any of those things. The trigger.
Personally I think it was about AM’s pills.

Regarding the family and moving forward. Ainsley Earhardt, of FOX News, is from SC and she was discussing the impact this is going to have on the kids, the younger M's and how unfortunate it is for them to have their name tarnished through no fault of their own. It's really like every family when someone in the the family commits a terrible act though. JMO

Alex Murdaugh Strip Club Bar Fight.
I am certain one could dig into records and come up with things non stop over the years....much of which never got to LE or media. Years and years of this behavior...but in the last years it involved deaths...people looked away until they could not.

If you think about it, the “why” in this crime, as far as that particular night, is unknown and will probably never be known. We’ve heard the prosecution’s theory of motive but what may have triggered things may have happened that night.
AM is the only source of information on what happened between about 8pm and 9pm and I think it is well established that he is a liar.
Specifically, we have no idea what was talked about while they ate supper. Was it truly about Paul’s feet as per AM, or about AM’s pill addiction. Were ultimatums given?
Did AM notice Maggie’s missing wedding ring? Did she tell him she was leaving him?
Could supper have been a big family argument and Paul and Maggie headed to the kennels to cool down?
Did MM mention financial issues, like bounced checks she had had, and wanted answers.
I think it was about his pills too. I believe he thought Paul or Maggie had them, he was going through withdrawal and desperate. I also believe he found them, maybe Maggie had them in her travel bag, hence the pj's and underwear placed in an odd spot. We will never know but I agree it was most likely about the pills.

I wonder why Dr. Kinsey didn't mention in his testimony (about Paul's phone) that the pocket that the phone was in had elastic on the top, making it impossible for the phone to have just "popped out' as AM had said. This cut is from his report that the defense filed in their motions for sanctions (page 51):

View attachment 407139

Iirc from testimony Paul was said to carry phone in front pocket, so not sure what to make of that. Could Paul have had AM’s pills in the back pocket and the phone was out from impact of being shot?

I just can’t see/hear anything hostile in that kennel video tho. They all sound normal. Someone upthread used the word “snapped” and I tend to agree.

Im guessing AM won’t get this special treatment in prison.
From the article (BBM):

In the early morning of Feb. 28, 1993, Alex Murdaugh, now 53, was accused of starting a violent brawl at a strip club on Hilton Head Island.

At least two men were injured in the fight.

Three men were charged with Public Disorderly Conduct.

Alex, who was 25 at the time and enrolled at University of South Carolina School of Law, was one of them.

One of the three men was taken to jail.

The other was allowed to go to the hospital, where a law enforcement officer was awaiting his arrival.

Alex, on the other hand, was driven home to Varnville — a full hour and 20 minutes away from Hilton Head — by a deputy.

So, he got a ride home. Was the deputy an arresting officer or someone the dad called to get his kid a ride? He was still arrested on a disorderly charge. I am sure they had the same system that is afforded most people. First offense usually walks if you keep your nose clean for a year..if it even went that far. If his father wanted REALLY special favors, he would have had his kid go to the hospital with the other one to attain victim status and pointed fingers at the others involved in the brawl. nah, this doesnt impress me...

Alex Murdaugh Strip Club Bar Fight.

No doubt in my mind that the prosecuting team knew of this and many other times that AM was able to exert influence. They were waiting with documentation at each moment of that cross-examination. The best and easiest thing to get him on was the use of the badge on the night of the boat accident. Then, he stepped into the idea that he might have used the badge to get out of things but with no direct incident. And, then he spun the story of everyone agreeing he should get the blue lights. There are stories out there but I don't think we will hear them in a courtroom.

Violent at a strip club, violent with a prostitute...... I am sure there is violence at more place and against more people. Wonder if he is the target of the Gloria and S. Smith investigations as they are both violent deaths.

this is so very true...two at the table are gone and one is a liar. No recordings or anything...simply no way to know what was discussed...and same concerned Maggie and Alex' relationship...what was being said between them in the weeks leading up to the murders? We don't know. I think that facade of the perfect/happy marriage could have been just that. She was clearly devoted to him and mostly her children but had she reached a breaking point? We will never know and just because she did not share that with her friends does not mean she was going thru turmoil about the marriage and AM's actions.

So, he got a ride home. Was the deputy an arresting officer or someone the dad called to get his kid a ride? He was still arrested on a disorderly charge. I am sure they had the same system that is afforded most people. First offense usually walks if you keep your nose clean for a year..if it even went that far. If his father wanted REALLY special favors, he would have had his kid go to the hospital with the other one to attain victim status and pointed fingers at the others involved in the brawl. nah, this doesnt impress me...

Probably got the ticket first by some unsuspecting deputy. Then, the connections kicked in. That deputy was probably on vacation when that court date was set. JMHO.

The tidbit's of family words spoken over dinner and the words that were not captured on PM's video, Unkown moments that may have put a flame to the fuse that caused the horrific explosion.

No doubt in my mind that the prosecuting team knew of this and many other times that AM was able to exert influence. They were waiting with documentation at each moment of that cross-examination. The best and easiest thing to get him on was the use of the badge on the night of the boat accident. Then, he stepped into the idea that he might have used the badge to get out of things but with no direct incident. And, then he spun the story of everyone agreeing he should get the blue lights. There are stories out there but I don't think we will hear them in a courtroom.

Violent at a strip club, violent with a prostitute...... I am sure there is violence at more place and against more people. Wonder if he is the target of the Gloria and S. Smith investigations as they are both violent deaths.
the skeletons that will come out of the closet regarding this family and particularly AM are going to make news for years. His name escapes me but the guy with the small local newspaper will be writing books and have headlines for the next 10 years at least. This was a true small town and refreshing to see that this curse has been lifted from them...at least I hope so.

MP said that MM told her everything, but did anyone outside of BM, PM and MM, and maybe Blanca, know that AM had a drug problem? Well, until it came out publicly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member