GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is so very true...two at the table are gone and one is a liar. No recordings or anything...simply no way to know what was discussed...and same concerned Maggie and Alex' relationship...what was being said between them in the weeks leading up to the murders? We don't know. I think that facade of the perfect/happy marriage could have been just that. She was clearly devoted to him and mostly her children but had she reached a breaking point? We will never know and just because she did not share that with her friends does not mean she was going thru turmoil about the marriage and AM's actions.

Some things are best left unsaid.

Jmo

At 7:05:55 PM Alex sent message to "Maggie Mae" stating "Paul said u were getting pedi !! Call when u done"

I have always wondered about the 2 exclammation points after pedi. IMO it shows that Alex was indeed stressed about money because If I had receieved a message like this from my husband the 2 exclamation points after pedi would signal to me that he was pissed I was spending money we didn't have. It reminds me of a few messages I sent to my son when he was first away at college regarding his $100 a week fast food purchases because we had agreed he would eat a few meals in the cafeteria and he would follow the agreed upon fast food budget.

(I edited this post to remove the extra screenshot photos attached to the link to Cathy Russon's tweet, in doing so it removed the link to the pedi message tweet. If anyone wants the link to the tweet I can post it seperately)

View attachment 407147

Attachments

• FpLth7QaYAA6M-1.jpg
    FpLth7QaYAA6M-1.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
When did Buster learn about the kennel video?

Was it November 2022?
its safe to say he didnt tell Buster. below is a link to his testimony.

all the way up to the day he is testifying, he admits he never told his lawyer friends who were with him in the early morning hours of the murders, actually one who sat in the backseat of LE vehicle, his brother nor LE, he concedes yesterday was the first time he OPENLY said it ....then tries to BLAME the state they were unresponsive to his 'reaching out' SINCE JANUARY to "talk to y'all"...

further, his own lawyer was repeating his story 'he was napping" as early as November of 2022 on national television." judge ruled there was no attorney/client privilege. <---thats a good timeline as to how long he kept the lie going with his own attorneys.

of special note: he refers to his wife as Maggie and his son as Paul (oops he forgot to use the endearing nick names)

Charming.

Smells like royal immunity.

Not above the law now, is he?

I wonder how he's enjoying his new palatial estate so far.
My step son went to USC Law school. They did such and extensive background check he had to explain a speeding ticket he got out of state, that he forgot about, and didn't mention in his application. They look at everything including his parents divorce, credit reports, etc. He was accepted. I suspect that AM's application wasn't scrutinized like john q publics. JMO

It is clear that AM was a very high functioning drug addict for years....that was confirmed by so many in his law office being shocked including his best friends. I assume that night he did not appear impaired and therefore no drug test done on him...I mean seriously he was treated more like a witness than suspect. So my only experience with a very high functioning alcoholic who ran a successful business and raised a family etc. However only those of us extremely close saw the times where he got out of control....I have been thinking that maybe this "addiction" was overblown and a convenient excuse to hit the rehab in tough times...the way he spoke of it was interesting. I feel it was part of the alibi. Not one person that I remember came forward to say yes I saw AM extremely compromised, passed out or in some altered state. That seems odd for someone that purported to take 60+ pills a day. Not one person reported him "high" or were those the people that he killed? Maybe..

No doubt in my mind that the prosecuting team knew of this and many other times that AM was able to exert influence. They were waiting with documentation at each moment of that cross-examination. The best and easiest thing to get him on was the use of the badge on the night of the boat accident. Then, he stepped into the idea that he might have used the badge to get out of things but with no direct incident. And, then he spun the story of everyone agreeing he should get the blue lights. There are stories out there but I don't think we will hear them in a courtroom.

Violent at a strip club, violent with a prostitute...... I am sure there is violence at more place and against more people. Wonder if he is the target of the Gloria and S. Smith investigations as they are both violent deaths.
I have heard those two investigations are ongoing. Perhaps the Murder trial provided some clues to include in their search...

At 7:05:55 PM Alex sent message to "Maggie Mae" stating "Paul said u were getting pedi !! Call when u done"

I have always wondered about the 2 exclammation points after pedi. IMO it shows that Alex was indeed stressed about money because If I had receieved a message like this from my husband the 2 exclamation points after pedi would signal to me that he was pissed I was spending money we didn't have. It reminds me of a few messages I sent to my son when he was first away at college regarding his $100 a week fast food purchases because we had agreed he would eat a few meals in the cafeteria and he would follow the agreed upon fast food budget.

View attachment 407147
Without knowing AM’s texting style it’s hard to say if the 2 exclamation points was normal for AM.

the skeletons that will come out of the closet regarding this family and particularly AM are going to make news for years. His name escapes me but the guy with the small local newspaper will be writing books and have headlines for the next 10 years at least. This was a true small town and refreshing to see that this curse has been lifted from them...at least I hope so.
Remains to be seen, but at least there is a Crack in the facade. I hope the Press will continue on.

I think it was about his pills too. I believe he thought Paul or Maggie had them, he was going through withdrawal and desperate. I also believe he found them, maybe Maggie had them in her travel bag, hence the pj's and underwear placed in an odd spot. We will never know but I agree it was most likely about the pills.
I don't know much about addiction but the reported heavy use of 60+daily was for how long...no question as the years go along whatever the desired mood to be achieved from taking the pills would increase ie not stay the same at 60. Was he needing so much more and without money to get adequate supply? You don't stay at the same dosage...he must have been immune at some point and need more. Not one LE including SLEd called for a test? And when put in jail was he detoxed? The whole drug story is mysterious.

Last edited:
They have dogs but didn't keep Bubba - wow. I would think they would have kept him because he was the one connection to the family.
Now to me I don’t find that odd because I see it (the dog) as a painful reminder of how the audio/video that PM took as the downfall/demise of AM.

With WS being a victim friendly site I cannot share my personal beliefs about Bus. But if I could I’d share on how I think this is connected.

moo

MOO, but I think there is/was far more going on than drug addiction. I have to wonder about mental health issues, in all generations of the family. Seems to be an awful lot of violence with this family. And the admission from PM's girlfriend of the slur that was used against Stephen Smith by the family, so casually by all of them, tells me that law enforcement needs to look deeper into Stephen Smith's death, I hope they get outside LE involved since many local LE cannot seem to be trusted. Really, I am just shocked it took this long for this family to get shutdown.

Remains to be seen, but at least there is a Crack in the facade. I hope the Press will continue on.
I think there are enough people analyzing and investigating anything to do with the Murdaughs that we may very well learn more in the near future. The train has left the station now and it should be quite a journey! ;)

Maybe the strategy was perfect for low information jurors who hadn't spent the last years following the case in detail

I kind of think it's the opposite. The pundits were the ones with 'low information'. Throughout the trial I was surprised by how many just didn't seem to grasp how damning all the tech data was to Alex's case. It seemed like a lot of the commentators just couldn't follow how all the GPS data, chats, cellphone internals, etc. established a very solid timeline for the murders. And I was also shocked at how many seemed to think that Alex did a great job on the stand, when to me it was clear that he was a faker and a liar. For a while I thought I was living in crazytown.

The jurors may not have known much about the case going in, but they were clearly attentive during the proceedings. And, collectively, they understood the evidence backwards and forwards. When a couple of them had questions, the others were able to quickly clear up any misunderstandings. While the pundits were focused on the horse-racing aspect, the jurors were less concerned about the prosecution's presentation style and just needed to focus on whether there was sufficient evidence to convict.

(I edited this post to remove the extra screenshot photos attached to the link to Cathy Russon's tweet, in doing so it removed the link to the pedi message tweet. If anyone wants the link to the tweet I can post it seperately)

View attachment 407147
i had missed the "pedi" message. I am dumbfounded that when a family that spends money as they did ..the husband would question a Pedi which I am certain was a routine appointment along with mani. That gives me a real insight into Maggie getting more and more savvy about impending financial doom...a small clue but for a woman who is used to unlimited hair/nail and other appointments....being able to furnish multiple very large homes...clearly a lavish lifestyle...and AM is questioning and going to talk with her about a "pedi"????

Without knowing AM’s texting style it’s hard to say if the 2 exclamation points was normal for AM.
When I read the scrutiny over the explanation point, I thought of myself. I am definitely an over user of the explanation point. I mostly use three, don't know why, but three is it.

Its very obvious even here on WS!!! Guess I need to get this habit under control. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie