GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the victim first came out with these allegations going back to 2014, I questioned the credibility of waiting until the eve of the high-profile case (the prosecution obviously did not bite) and the statute of limitation passed. Also wondered why she did not take advantage of earlier support during the #MeToo movement. And I'm not seeing anything 8 months later in the DM clickbait that changed my opinion. JMO
Totally agree. I expect to see more claims, as time goes on.
Moo...

Does anyone really think that AM has revealed all his money and checking accounts and how would anyone know if he did or didn't? He's probably appointed his brother, JMM, as power of attorney, so JMM could close accounts, transfer money to other accounts, etc. There's no telling what fake business accounts AM had nor is there any way of knowing, imo.
I bet we are going to hear something from the defense on her comment about the financial crimes. I hope I'm wrong.

What’s the potential problem?

Does anyone really think that AM has revealed all his money and checking accounts and how would anyone know if he did or didn't? He's probably appointed his brother, JMM, as power of attorney, so JMM could close accounts, transfer money to other accounts, etc. There's no telling what fake business accounts AM had nor is there any way of knowing, imo.
The money flowing into those accounts has to come from somewhere. So a forensic accountant can trace the flows of cash from any illegal endeavors the authorities discover and see where they end up.

That doesn't necessarily mean that the accountant will be able to find all the missing money. There are a lot of possibilities for the well-connected criminal: offshore bank accounts, cryptocurrency, trusts, special purpose entities, shell companies, etc. All of which can make it very hard to track down ill-gotten gains.

However, Alex was so dumb he was paying his drug dealer/co-conspirator with checks from the same 'Forge' account that he was using to funnel stolen client funds. So, I kind of doubt he's some kind of financial genius who managed to hide his money beyond the reach of authorities.

Interesting. The jurors felt that AM testifying was a big mistake. And the timeline of AM being at the dog kennels, with video, clinched it.

really? how incredibly sad for everyone...What is to be gained at this point? If it was murder...I guess the death penalty for the perp...otherwise... I dunno...let her rest in peace... i hate exhumations..
Not aware that anyone thinks it was murder. The questions requiring an exhumation are because there was some kind of an accident, yet there was no post mortem, and her DC says she died of "natural causes," when she did not.

Accidents could be tripping up or down the brick steps at Moselle, the dogs tripping her, "bumping into" someone else who was on the stairs or near them, maybe someone angry. We don't know and there was no accident report made.

@turaj, above, yesterday mentioned that if the death was not an accident there might be an issue with the insurance payment. That's what I remember, too, and probably why EB is content to say no suspected murder. I'm not saying he is wrong to take that position.

Bur MPO is that there is something more to this story. Time will tell. MOO.

Randy speaks ETA, and it is a must read.

Very interesting! He wasn’t at the trail often I noticed
His law firm and name deeply affected
I tend to believe much of this
JMM though, he’s got problems

Not aware that anyone thinks it was murder. The questions requiring an exhumation are because there was some kind of an accident, yet there was no post mortem, and her DC says she died of "natural causes," when she did not.

Accidents could be tripping up or down the brick steps at Moselle, the dogs tripping her, "bumping into" someone else who was on the stairs or near them, maybe someone angry. We don't know and there was no accident report made.

@turaj, above, yesterday mentioned that if the death was not an accident there might be an issue with the insurance payment. That's what I remember, too, and probably why EB is content to say no suspected murder. I'm not saying he is wrong to take that position.

Bur MPO is that there is something more to this story. Time will tell. MOO.
From what I have read about Gloria's situation, I tend to agree with the previous posters who suggested that this might have been just an awful accident that Alex, in his predatory way, found an evil way to profit from. One thing I wasn't sure about though, has anyone read about who found Gloria on the stairs? Did it happen while Maggie and Paul were home, or did they arrive home to find her injured on the front steps? I haven't listened to the 911 call because everyone mentioned how cold both MM and PM seemed, I just didn't want to hear that.

thank you for sharing this. Not much is now about Randy. This presents an interesting insight into Randy and sort of makes sense why he was often not in the courtroom. His brother directly stole from him and now who knows how his career will be impacted. Clearly from those comments he now probably is leaning to thinking his brother is guilty...and has always been not in lock step with the family. Very tough situation for him...probably a decent guy in the wrong family.

I don't think we'll ever know that for sure, but the fact they haven't spoken in over a year says something.

Agree. Randy appears to be his own person, unlike JM who appears to be a Pollyanna. The body language between the two in court was notably different.

JM looked like he was trying to show what he thought was the appropriate countenance in defense of AM when the camera panned on him. He would go from looking like a regular spectator to suddenly furrowing his brows to look sad. Yuck.

On the other hand Randy looked confident and like he was there to asses what he was hearing.

thank you for sharing this. Not much is now about Randy. This presents an interesting insight into Randy and sort of makes sense why he was often not in the courtroom. His brother directly stole from him and now who knows how his career will be impacted. Clearly from those comments he now probably is leaning to thinking his brother is guilty...and has always been not in lock step with the family. Very tough situation for him...probably a decent guy in the wrong family.

From what I have read about Gloria's situation, I tend to agree with the previous posters who suggested that this might have been just an awful accident that Alex, in his predatory way, found an evil way to profit from. One thing I wasn't sure about though, has anyone read about who found Gloria on the stairs? Did it happen while Maggie and Paul were home, or did they arrive home to find her injured on the front steps? I haven't listened to the 911 call because everyone mentioned how cold both MM and PM seemed, I just didn't want to hear that.
I’ll let others offer input on this too, but on that particular call - it was the impression that the two on the call, now both sadly slain by the defendant, were somewhat devoid of concern or detached a bit from reporting it to the dispatch. MOO

The 911 call was at about 9:24 AM and both MM and PM were home. I recall it was earlier said that MM was still in bed.

Whether or not GS was coming to work as usual is unknown because it was important to AM that this was never reported as GS at work to avoid this being a Worker's Comp Claim (i.e., on-the-job accident).

During the trial, I recall one of the personal injury lawyers citing how blaming the dog for a fall is a slam-dunk owner negligence claim:

Who’s Liable for Falls Caused by Dogs?​

People of all ages are seriously injured every day from tripping over or being knocked down by dogs. Even friendly dogs can cause severe physical injuries by knocking over or tripping an unsuspecting person.

Remember that even when a friendly dog knocks you down, it’s still an attack. Failure of the dog owner to control their dog makes them liable, meaning legally responsible, for the injuries to the person who was knocked down.

The most common non-bite dog injuries are from falls.

Large dogs can cause falls by leaning against a person. All sizes of jumping dogs knock people over, and smaller dogs can easily trip a person by running between their legs or flopping down in the path of someone’s feet.

A bruised knee and torn pantyhose from tripping over a loose Yorkie at your cousin’s outdoor wedding won’t be much of a basis for an injury claim, especially if your treatment was limited to a couple of glasses of wine and a bag of frozen peas.

On the other hand, if Grandma tripped over the little dog and broke a hip, her injuries are serious and her damages substantial. Small children and the elderly are generally at higher risk of injury from non-aggressive dog attacks.

Who Pays for Your Injuries​

Negligence makes a dog owner responsible, or liable, for the injured victim’s damages. Damages include medical expenses, out-of-pocket costs, replacement services, lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering.

[..]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member