GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murdaughs were on the road where Stephen Smith was found (near Moselle) before Stephen's family knew that he was dead. Stephen was first deemed homicide, but officers then deemed it hit and run ... after Stephen ran out of gas and chose to walk down the middle of the road until he was hit by a car. His slip-on shoes were not knocked off his feet during the alleged hit and run. That's unheard of.

If the cause of death changed during the investigation, something is wrong. Car accident, blunt force trauma death. The only person who should not have been at the scene was a Murdaugh. The only name that came up repeatedly during the investigation was Murdaugh.

It's a bit like the Murdaugh family at the boat accident. Other families were held back or not informed while a Murdaugh was at the scene of the body. Murdaugh had connections to law enforcement, and it appears that he had special treatment by law enforcement.
And the call SS's mother got right after the coroner hung up was from AM's big brother RM offering free service in taking Stephen's case. How'd he know it was going to be declared a "hit and run" and not a murder...at that point? Very odd

Well, as our thread is getting long, I feel somewhat confident in opining that in this case, Alec Murdaugh will attempt to run some kind of prison group (buying people with commissary donations, other crap he'll do) PLUS he gets to go to court! Often! And for the next decade if he chooses!

Unlike your typical murderer, he gets to get in the van and go to court way more often. And see his family and use his waning mental faculties to be a pretend-lawyer and to explore his real new identity as criminal disbarred lawyer.

IMO.
The SC inmates now have access to email, text messaging and video conferencing. Alex will have a fully stocked commissary up to $300 week max I believe. He'll be a one man band in there, the OG (Original Gangster).

MOO

Well that's good to hear. Like I said, I don't think they had anything to do with it, I think it was an accident that Alex decided to profit from. I asked about the "who found her" because there is a part of me that wonders if Alex was somehow more involved in the actual accident, only because of what we have learned about him during the trial. But like others have stated, causing someone to trip on the stairs isn't a very efficiant way of killing them, and it risks the obvious chance of the victim surviving and telling on you.
What about all the broken ribs? Something fishy still there, and still being looked into.

i don't question he "adored Gloria" but that 911 made it clear help was on the way and the questions were for the paramedics to help her.
Thank you, and yes this was my recollection too. After clarifying that help was enroute, the dispatch was simply trying to get some details on the ailing victim, that had somehow fallen on the steps, that it seemed might help the soon arriving paramedics or ambulance attendants. IMO.

Here is an article, not sure if it's the most recent though concerning illegal transfer.

Arguments the Moselle property sale was fraudulent come from attorneys John T. Lay and Peter McCoy. Judge Daniel Hall gave Lay and McCoy broad authority to oversee and control Murdaugh's money as part of a November 2021 injunction essentially freezing Murdaugh's assets by placing it in a receivership.

At the time, Alex Murdaugh and his family members were accused of rapidly selling off or liquidating assets. This was believed to be an attempt by Alex and his son, Buster, to hide their true net worth and shield their property and holdings from winding up as settlement fodder in pending (or impending) court cases.

That remains a distinct and likely possibility amid Alex's snowballing legal troubles in both the criminal and civil court arenas. In addition to several pending lawsuits, a state grand jury also has indicted Murdaugh on 79 criminal charges of fraud, money laundering and conspiracy tied to the theft of at least $8.4 million from clients and associates dating back to 2011.

Lay and McCoy say some of the same crimes Alex is now accused made his selling the Moselle property to his wife an illegal act from the get-go.
I dont understand. The accident was several years after the property transfer. Frequently, people transfer property. The transfer was 2016. Boat accident was much later. While in 2021 he was under scrutiny and whatever for money crimes going back to 2011, none of that had come to light in 2016. Lots of people have just one spouse as the owner of property. For example, if you are in a high exposure job for law suits like a lawyer or doctor where malpractice might not cover you sufficiently. I dont see that transfer as being deemed fraudulent. MOO

Serious injuries due to tripping over dogs she has known since puppies, and who relied on her for food and water at the house. I don't buy the "tripped over a dog" story when everyone was in bed and the dogs knew her. Why would they suddenly, out of the blue, knock her down the stairs when they should be in the kennels?

"Gloria Satterfield, arrived at Moselle where she was — depending on who you ask — either scheduled to work that day, there to pick up her paycheck or there to pick up someone else’s paycheck.​
...​
When she fell ascending the front stairs at the Murdaughs’ Moselle home (or was it their Holly Street house?) in Colleton County (or was it Hampton?), Gloria was tripped (or pushed?) by either Bubba, Bourbon, Blue or Sassy — or maybe it was none of them.​
The fall caused Maggie Murdaugh to wake up sometime after 9 a.m. She awakened her son Paul, who was also sleeping, and called 911 at 9:24 a.m.​
...​
Alex Murdaugh said he was at work at the time, 20 minutes away, and that his wife had called him at 9:45 a.m. to tell him about the fall. He “rushed to the scene,” arriving “before” emergency medical technicians … who were there at 9:41 a.m.​
Before Alex arrived, Paul tried to sit Gloria up, but someone told him to “turn her loose” so she fell back over. When Alex arrived, Gloria was sitting on the stairs … but also he helped Paul sit her on the stairs.​
...​
According to a 2018 report from attorney Scott Wallinger, who was hired by Lloyds of London to represent Alex Murdaugh in the case, Gloria sustained a right-sided head laceration, a right-sided subdural hematoma, a traumatic brain injury, multiple left-side posterior rib fractures, a partially collapsed lung and a plumonary contusion."​

WOW! Much more important detailed information you have uncovered, and I hope this is fully investigated. My question is Why has it not already been more closely looked into? Cover ups seem to be a regular issue anywhere around the Murdaughs. Thank You for keeping on top of the Facts!

Isn't there something in the testimony about Maggie's dog Bubba going into a kennel overnight? Cash was in the kennels for the night, as were the other dogs.

Why, on Feb 26, 2018, were the dogs knocking Gloria down the front stairs of the house when Alex is allegedly 20 minutes away at work and Maggie/Paul are still in bed? Who let the dogs lose, and why?

How did Alex get from work to Moselle faster than emergency services got to the house? That doesn't add up.

Twenty four minutes between Maggie hearing Gloria fall and calling 911. Where was Alex 24 minutes prior to the 911 call. Was he at work, as he said, 6 minutes from work, lurking around the kennels? How did he get to Gloria faster than the ambulance?

Maggie called Alex 45 minutes after she woke up due to the trip and fall, yet Alex arrived first. How does that happen unless Alex is nearby waiting for the call?
In most rural counties Fire and EMS are volunteers. Many work during the day, increasing response time. It appears from research Hampton County, supports and funds equipment and training, but not a full time paid staff.

This is the same as my rural county in VA.The county has an EMS director. The director applies for grants, coordinates training, keeps up with certifications, served a coordinator for disaster/critical events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member